It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters! >:(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I recently watched a UFO Hunters episode about AUTEC or as they called it "the underground Area 51." Anyways, I am here to advise people to never watch that shw as it was quite honestly the worst show I have ever seen in terms of how idiotic the people on it were. One part is where they go to the gates of AUTEC and they show a sign that says No Trespassing and a few other things and they were like "OH! That looks just like the sign from Area 51!" I'm sitting there thinking... no, no it does not at all. They are there to try to gain entry into the base and one of them who is trying to get them to let them in is wearing of all things a hat that says in large letters "UFO" so im thinking first off thats not what ya want to wear when trying to gain entry to a government base. Then as they are walking up to the gate the same man yells "HEY! WHERE ARE THE E.Ts AT?!"... at that point i puled a big /facepalm. but anyways I just thought id advise everyone against wasting their time on this P.O.S show. Thanks for listening!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
UFO Hunters is, besides the odd episode where they actually do some interesting work, is a nonsense program that is meant to belittle the "science" of ufology...its supposed to look like some quacks believing in anything running around in the desert looking for ET.

It is sort of satire posing as the real deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Cheers to that! and cheers to having them disappearing never to be seen or heard from again. Whos with me? Anyways my goal in life now has a few new additions, kill the old guy with the UFO hat and destroy his UFO Magazine company he owns.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've watched every episode of UFO Hunters and so many shows of a similar nature... not because I ever expect them to find anything, but I enjoy hearing about cases that are new to me or an alternative viewpoint on well known ones. Some shows accomplish this more intelligently than others... I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

*man runs up to armed mlitary officials in a UFO hat screaming* "WHERE ARE THE ETs AT?!"
2nd line

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

Exactly...

UFO-hat-man could use a healthy dose of skepticism. But I admit that I had never heard of AUTEC prior to this show...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

As most probably have not either. i still think the ufo hat guy is a moron who owns a magazine i would never read just for me having watched that program. xD hey can you predict what happens next after my above quote of him running at the armed guards?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenthuin
I've watched every episode of UFO Hunters and so many shows of a similar nature... not because I ever expect them to find anything, but I enjoy hearing about cases that are new to me or an alternative viewpoint on well known ones. Some shows accomplish this more intelligently than others... I'll just leave it at that.

exatcly

people here are completely lost or crazy if they think someone will be able to explain all the alien and UFO mysteries out there

its impossible ... nobody can prove it, so, you need to watch and enjoy as an entertainment

same thing as this board ... otherwise, you are just wasting your time

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

That I understand and am not looking for 1 person to tell me the "answer" but I do not like seeing idiotic programs like this being circulated as legitimate sources of information. I mean obviously the mans an effin moron and hos head isnt even remotely screwed on right. I did not find it as entertainment I just found it as a reason to laugh and go discuss why that man should not have a career in this field.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
One of the episodes I watched was about a ufo that supposedly had crashed into a windmill of sorts, and the pilot was then buried in the local graveyard. The little guy with the big sunglasses was interviewing some gentleman about some metal debris that was thought to have been thrown down a well, and spent most of the interview trying to stuff words into the guy's mouth. His attempts were both funny and pathetic at the same time. I admit to still watching the show once in a while, as it's all we really have that deals with the ufo topic.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

I gave them a C+ for effort because I really wasn't expecting much from that type of show anyway. I mean its not sightings or anything like that. Newer shows only want to capture the mainstream...those with really low attention spans who flip back and forth between channels.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
An alien just crashed landed through my roof... I am talking to him now... I have a tv show in which I coax people into saying things about this... do you believe me now?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumdumguy
An alien just crashed landed through my roof... I am talking to him now... I have a tv show in which I coax people into saying things about this... do you believe me now?

Whats up with you today ? you just created this thread to attack these people.. like someone else said here, that they bring in stories and cases people havent heard before.. beside at the same time its entertainment.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Double Trouble.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

A.) Its not entertaining.(maybe to a simple minded person)
B.) the info for the most part is knowledge we all share.
C.) It is a complete mockery of Ufology.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes beat your self with the hating stick.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The Dulce "investigation", and I use that word rather lightly, was extremely disappointing. It seems the weather was too hot for them and none of the team could be bothered to make an effort.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like the show but I would have to agree with the OP. One show, the hard blinking dude sporting the shades and UFO cap went over the top telling a UFO witness that he was an alien hybrid. His side kick took him outside and gave him sh!t for saying that. I'm surprised they never edited that out. Bad bad bad

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it is unblieveable ,but i hope it is true.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thats alot of hate for a show that does the same thing as ATS.. and not only does it do the same thing as ATS ( open peoples eyes to new stories) it SUPPORTS ATS, and vice versa.. so watch the hate and where you direct it, personally i think this show is brilliant, i wish it was still filming new episodes..
here are my reasons, you have Bill Birnes, ( the guy with the UFO hat and sunglasses) a UFO extremist.. you have Ted AcWorth who i an extreme skeptic an dyou have Patrick uskert who is right in the middle, kind of the neutral-ist. To me its the perfect team for investigating things like this.
I mean the show itself is great, the cases they follow are awesome and the cast they have compliments each show in their own way.
They actually take a really good scietific approach to the cases and you HAVE to admit they do that at least. Sure they may not come up with anything ever concerete, but neither do we, but at least they try

top topics

<<   2 >>

join