It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters! >:(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sumdumguy

I was more impressed with "UFO Hunters" brilliant approach to trying to film any ATS craft that might be flown at Area 51. In broad daylight they drive a big van right up to the perimeter of the base and start unloading large cameras and all sorts of gear and start setting it up. "We are going to leave these here for 2 days and they will capture anything that moves!" (Yeah right. Be sure to wave to the Cammo Dudes and the Guard Shack on the hilltop.) Sorry but they have this hangup about not parading the goodies while tourists are around.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I recorded and watched every episode of UFO Hunters that ever aired. I have to tell you, I really miss that show.

You and I obviously watched it for different reasons. I knew I wasn't getting cutting edge UFO research or really any new UFO cases to learn about. There are far better sources for those. It was purely entertainment. In comparative terms, it was to real UFOLogy what the Andy Griffiths show was to COPS.

The personality clashes were fantastic, though!

You had blinky Bill, who saw a UFO in just about any object in the sky. Bill had no patience for scientific method. It was straight to the conclusion. The more outlandish the better. Ironically, he's not unlike many of the fervent believers here on ATS.

Then you had Ted, who could barely contain his distaste for Bill and his irrationality. You could see him squirm and simmer when Bill would fire off some insane comment like "This guy's a cloaked reptilian." Ted always kept his cool and remained diplomatic, though. He'd pause a moment, think of the drill-down he'd like to say, then respond in an academic translation of "hell no". I never thought the tests he devised to prove or disprove theories all that applicable, though. It always seemed like some excuse for him to go flying or adventuring someplace.

In many episodes, Bill would excitedly attach a wild, unsubstantiated, theory to something and relay it to Ted. Total skepticism is what he get back. Bill would get so discouraged with Ted when he wasn't wholeheartedly accepting his every fantasy. It would totally deflate him. He'd mope around the rest of the show.

Pat always seemed like the Jack-of-all trades wandering grifter-type that talked his way onto the show. I picture him building Bill's back porch and pitching him the show one afternoon over a cold one. Sly, holding his cards close to his chest, he kept the peace on the show between Bill and Ted and later Kevin, without really divulging what he believed. I always wondered how he got that badly broken nose. When the show cancelled, I picture him grabbing his backpack and bolting.

Anyway....

Education-wise, total fail.

Entertainment-wise, priceless.
edit on 11-1-2011 by MaxTork because: adding content

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I agree with you that this show is pretty weak, but if you want to watch a really horrible show then try "fact or faked".
Some of the so called recreations of the UFO footages by the "experts" is just plain laughable.
It is so bad that it becomes entertaining since you just laugh at how stupid these "experts" are.

And i agree with others.. This show did at least bring some new cases that i at least have not heard about.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join