It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind America's 'civilian militias'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Armed and extremely... patriotic. Why a growing number of Americans are preparing for a war against their government.

In heavy camouflage gear, Johnny Cochran squats down and shuffles noiselessly along the ground. His target is a large man who, like Cochran, is in military fatigues. Seconds later, Cochran leaps up and stabs the man once, hard, in the neck. The movement is swift, and would almost certainly be lethal, were it not for the fact that the ‘weapon’ Cochran is wielding is a pen.

Source

It's a shame that it takes Media from the UK to paint the American Militia in a good light.

You see the Government knows that they are outnumbered 10:1 by Armed citizens the last thing that they want is a revolution, Neither do we. While evils are sufferable and we can endure heavy progressive taxation, There comes a time in every civilization where its Government becomes destructive to Liberty.

We are on the edge right now.

Forced government healthcare taxes.
Forced government vaccinations.
Warrant-less searches.
Normal citizens labeled as potential terrorist.
Government mandated Floridation of drinking water.
plus many many more.

Government works best when it doesn't interfere with peoples day to day lives.

We want government to obey their oath but that's nearly impossible since the outsourced most of their duties to private entities like the Federal Reserve.

They through the FCC and its regulations have control over the media.

They have allowed judges to legislate from the bench and refused to allow the law in their court ( IRS vs Sherry Jackson ).

Our founders warned that we should keep our government in check. After all they would be powerless if it were not for the consent of those whom are governed.

The question now is how can we deny consent with out violence on the part of the government?

You know something is wrong when just about every government entity has its own SWAT team. Just last year the Department of Education ordered 20+ 14" 12 gauge shotguns. Why? What are they expecting?

We have Army Combat brigades training for Domestic missions when the Constitution forbids their use.

If it were not for an armed population we would all be government's slave.

I want to make one thing clear be for the liberals here say its all because of Obama, I didn't care for Bush, Clinton, or the older Bush. The truth is this country lost touch with the people back in 1860. Why do you think the southern states wanted out of the union? It damn sure wasn't over slavery. It was over states rights.

Government is broken and we the people can fix it with out revolution or violence. However Don't tread on us, We can still Fight back!

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well I know so good guys who are in a militia.
Two are police officers and on is a doctor and they are pretty sharp guys.
Unfortunately there are also a large number of mental shorties that want to run around trying to be a badass in the bush.

To these folks I have to say that a 5.11 tactical ball cap and kneepads a special operator do not make. These are the same people who like to air soft on the weekends and blur out their faces. GROWN MEN!!

I see nothing wrong with a militia and I encourage everyone to take up arms and stand on the wall.

I hate to see the media portray all militia in a similar fashion that I just described.
The government has no choice but to clamp down like you said to keep their enemy down. Sadly that enemy is the American people and their greater numbers of armed people.

I also hate hearing people yammering about these militia not being “properly trained in the use of firearms. News Flash….they are well trained and Can out shoot many conventional soldiers in both MOUT and regular range fire. Ask me how I know

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Citizen militias are the backbone of a free society.

The US federal army and air force should be disbanded.

The US Navy and Marine Corps should be down sized until they are brought inline with their intended constitutional purpose of protecting the US shipping fleet.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I cant argue with that.

I am not a member of a militia so I don't know the answer. But I have noticed a large amount of rotund gentlemen involved in such organizations. I am overseas right now and I have never asked about PT programs within militia training.

Can anyone enlighten me to that, or is that too another form of media disinfo?
A way of making them look like fat out of shape rednecks with no purpose?

Being a backbone is a job that requires good health IMO. While I think everyone has the right to be involved in a militia perhaps physical capabilities should be considered.
I hope no one takes that the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I thought your thread could use a flag.

Origin of the Gadsden Flag or lesser known as the Hopkins Flag-Founding Fathers-Info

"Col. Gadsden presented to the Congress an elegant standard, such as is to be used by the commander in chief of the American navy; being a yellow field, with a lively representation of a rattle-snake in the middle, in the attitude of going to strike, and these words underneath, "Don't Tread on Me!"

So I bid thee ado.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d16998bfe3b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

The media picks out the fatties because thats the image they want the public to have of these people.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
While Patriotism is great, it is not enough. Patriotism is just enough to get you killed and if you are lucky a small mention in the news about how some small racist redneck backwoods militia got steamrolled. Better work on the public image if you have any hope of success. You need a public relations dept. Because the people who are talking to the news are the Neo-Nazi group with the fat pinhead in AZ. Those are the people who are talking and the media knows it. Good luck. Waiting for those who call themselves patriots to step out of fantasy land.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I thought as much.

It’s easy to make people look stupid when you have an agenda.
When I first joined the Army I remember the test about shooting American citizens, at the MEPS in OKC. It was played off like this.

Enemies of the United States that may be American citizens or domestic enemies.

When asked like that the first thing that comes to mind is Militia. At least that’s how I looked at it. When I was in basic we did riot control training where the “enemy” was foot ball playing rock n roll listening Americans. NOT Iraqis , strange.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seers

All publicly known militia units have been actively infiltrated by agents provocateurs who are assets of the bureau. Standing up and being noted has its price. The price is the attention of the alphabet agencies and the SPLC. The first tries to infiltrate and insight the groups, and the other maligns those who will not be co-opted. Due to this situation expect that the ones talking to the cameras are going to be mostly the attention seeking pin heads.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I couldn't agree wit you more.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm in the UK media and I still think there are so many strategic and tactical holes in the US civilian militia's plans.

The guy in the story can kill a man with a pen, that's nice, a lot of good it will do to him if a Hellfire missile is fired at his head from a mile up.

You do know that the US Military deliberately trains the enlisted to not be able to pose a threat to the Federal Government after their service right? It's all good and fun to play Rambo against infantry and armored formations until the Air Force or Navy shows up.

The United States Military can escalate force far and above what the civilians ever will be able to do. Indeed the US DOD can out gun every other force on the planet.

Once an insurrection actually begins, it will be Reapers and Spectres that disarm the insurgents not MPs.

The ballot box is a much lest futile method of changing things in your country, but that would of course mean having to believe that your fellow citizen is your equal in government.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

I agree with your points, but that is assuming that American military personnel would actually take up arms against other US citizens.

I would 'like' to believe they wouldn't.

A foreign force on the other hand... who knows.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

I agree with your points, but that is assuming that American military personnel would actually take up arms against other US citizens.

I would 'like' to believe they wouldn't.

A foreign force on the other hand... who knows.

I don't think the US Military would have any problem whatsoever firing upon any force that was trying to overthrow the United States.

The militias see themselves at patriotic, and defenders of the US Constitution, however if they ever take up arms actively against a legitimately elected government, they are in a state of insurrection and are hostile enemies of the United States. The US Military is sworn to protect from domestic threats too, and that is exactly what this would be.

If the US felt it needed to call for her allies, all of NATO would come to the defense. Many other nations could be called upon too because we all have a vested interest in the defense of the United States.

If an insurgency began in the US and there was a call for assistance from the UK, I would personally volunteer. I would be quite willing to fight for the defense of your nation even against the militia movement should they become a legitimate threat to the United States.

Edit: It should be noted also that if the government of the United States ever does become illegitimate I would also volunteer and fight just as hard against them in order to restore the Republic as well.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

When I was in basic we did riot control training where the “enemy” was foot ball playing rock n roll listening Americans. NOT Iraqis , strange.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by snowen20]

Disturbing.

The time will come when Americans riot over the economic destruction caused by our criminal government.

We can only hope the military is on the side of the public when this occurs.

The stock market will have a major meltdown shortly and the fed will be forced to either print money or declare a sovereign default. When this occurs, chaos will ensue.

Its hard for me to say this, but I almost hope we have a military coup to restore a constitutional republic. The problem with military coups is that they can go either way. History doesn't have a very favorable outlook on them. Given the nature of our current military escapades, my faith is fairly shaky in this.

That's asking that the military step in, dismantle the federal government, then dismantle itself. We did this once in our history, but its hard to see it happening again.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
you have only to look at what was done to the bonus army in 1924-
tanks bayonets and gas- a cavalry charge lead by patton..wtf?
on needy veterans, women and kids- scores of casualties.
this is the deal- we are no longer citizens-we are civilians..
submit to authority or the crowd control munitions will be brought out.
progress? the taser 12 ga round is better than real buckshot i suppose.
soon the Darpa drones will fill the skies of der Homeland- not these
big old predators- think like a barely visable hummingbird.
maybe its beak will have a deadly toxin in it.
or it could be a little thermite termite..a swarm of them.
the army of one is the one world army.
"many will grow to hate the new world order,and will die fighting it" HG Wells 1940.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

LOL theyre using airsoft...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You bring up several good points but I take it you have never read art of war. Have you seen combat?

"Know your enemy and know yourself and after 100 battles you will not know defeat." Art of War. Tsun Su.

Just take one look at Veitnam all the fire power and all the advance weapons, They do not work when the enemy is everywhere and No where. I have a good friend thats a former Nam spook, I have heard the tales how entire platoons were stalked and wiped out.

Even back to the American Revolution, Militia forces schooled the better equiped and better trained British forces.

Most militias don't want or need good PR. The ones that put themselves all over the internet are just looking for attention. Most don't practice OPSEC or COMSEC and they get butt on the feds radar.

The most dangerous enemy is one that you know nothing about.

Molon Labe.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Airsoft is a cheap and effective training aid for Close quarters Combat. Even some Law Enforcement uses them to aid in training.

I have several and the weigh about the same is the real weapon and have the same features. They have a limited range but after all they are just toys.

I have a classic army M-14 that shoots 450 fps that will shoot a 1" 3 shot group in 50 yards.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

You do know that the US Military deliberately trains the enlisted to not be able to pose a threat to the Federal Government after their service right? It's all good and fun to play Rambo against infantry and armored formations until the Air Force or Navy shows up.

How exactly are we trained to not be able to pose a threat after our service? Theres no off switch for warrior skills.

I agree that militias are needed. Some may need to do a better job of who they recruit. But now more than ever militias have a place in our society.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I run a CA sportline M4 and a A&K SAW...buying an S&W M&P 15

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join