It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind America's 'civilian militias'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
most militias are run by the fbi agent provocateurs.
They look for the dullest knife in the kitchen and try to convince him or her to say or act threatening or plan hostile actions against the gov. WHen you respond or participate the dumb one gets arrested and the feds go back to pretending to be a militia.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

That may be true but do you have any Idea how many militia units are under the radar?

Thousands.

None of the groups I would ever attack anyone. They are purely for defense only. Most are former Military and LE. Also alot of former operators have formed their own groups.

It's called leader less resistance

There is no way to combat it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I live in Marin county Ca. Anyone know how I could get in touch with a nearby unit?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have absolutely no problem with any militia group that follows the United States Constitution to the letter.

So, what does the Constitution say about Militias? Anyone?

(I know, but I want to see if anyone else understands.)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by SWCCFAN

I know of one group in the midwest that has just under 10,000 members..and that's just one group.

There are *alot* more well-trained groups underground than anyone knows.

The other thing..those drones everyone is afraid of? How many are going to end up in militia hands due to defections? I'd say quite a lot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Section 8 - Powers of Congress: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in

Note it also says:

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

The Army is not Militia.

I saved the best for last.

The 2nd Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Source

So what have we learned?

The Militia is not the Army or Navy nor is it the land and naval forces.

The militia is made up of normal everyday citizens.

I close with this quote from the Declaration of Indenpendence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

You bring up several good points but I take it you have never read art of war. Have you seen combat?

"Know your enemy and know yourself and after 100 battles you will not know defeat." Art of War. Tsun Su.

Just take one look at Veitnam all the fire power and all the advance weapons, They do not work when the enemy is everywhere and No where. I have a good friend thats a former Nam spook, I have heard the tales how entire platoons were stalked and wiped out.

Even back to the American Revolution, Militia forces schooled the better equiped and better trained British forces.

Most militias don't want or need good PR. The ones that put themselves all over the internet are just looking for attention. Most don't practice OPSEC or COMSEC and they get butt on the feds radar.

The most dangerous enemy is one that you know nothing about.

Molon Labe.

Yes I have read the Art Of War, many times actually, and I have seen combat, not as a soldier but I've reported in multiple conflicts, been on patrols and seen my share as a journalist.

When it comes to the Art Of War, one cannot pick and choose a single concept to fight on. You also have to assume that your adversary here has read it and taken it to heart as well. The US Military trains in the US first and foremost, they know the countryside too.

The military has learned since Vietnam, in fact they have revamped their entire strategies. If the militias fight like the Vietcong do they will be utterly wiped out. They will not send out patrols and make themselves targets the way they did then. They will hunt you, silently, effectively and they will be exactly the ghost to you that the Vietnamese were to them.

If you are deemed a threat, you will be defeated. To change the country you need the people now, you need public opinion and you need to win at the ballot boxes, not the battlefields.

I still contend that you are violating the first principal of war, choosing to fight when you cannot win.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Good job, you figured it out. Yes, the Congress has jurisdiction over the militias, therefore, if the militias go against the government, they are in violation of the Constitution they are supposed to support.

Course another word for that is Treason.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

One thing people are forgetting is that over the past 20-30 years our military forces have focused their training on urban combat. Care to gess why?

Only a few units are trained and equiped to fight in the woods and mountain areas. Even fewer in the Swamp.

Modern military forces have become dependant on their gadgets and electronics. The vast majority of them will not work if an EMP goes off.

Disclaimer: I do not condone the use of any device that has the potential to harm another human or animal unless they are in immenant jepordy and in fear for their life.

Also a $300 dollar laser pointer can blind the enemy to the color green some cases permanantly. Could that be of use?

www.wickedlasers.com...

Read about the Hazards here:

www.wickedlasers.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Incorrect sir the 2nd Amendment is part of the Constitution.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I suggest a good reading of the Declaration of Indenpendence again.

Evils are sufferable however when it comes to a certain point when there as no peaceful means of redress; Revolution becomes an option to restore a goverment bound by the constitution.

Question: Would the German people, if they had this in their Constitution, be justified to have revolted aganst Hitler?

Yes they would.

More info about that in my thread here

ETA

About Treason: It is defined as giving aid or confort to the enemy.

How is removing a tyranical Goverment treason aganst the constiution?

What is a domestic enemy?

I would say anyone who perverts the meaning and intent of the constitution.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

So the same points you are making did not work for the Americans and led to revolution.

Tyrants never listen to reason.

Changing out Pawns Changes nothing.

Obamas foreign policy mirrors Bush's hell he still has the Secertary of Defense that Bush Appointed.

There is no means left for peaceful redress.

We vote on electronic voting machines and votes can be changed.

I have several older friends that wanted to work the polls for the 2010 election and they went through the training on the machines and they were told the had to remove the paper rolls that record every vote cause the paper roll can sometimes jam.

So there is no other Record.

Politicians once elected are either bought out of serve only one term.

Everyone on here that is awake should knoe that the Secret Shadow Government really runs the show.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
For any militia to have any success they have to have popular support. If militias were to rise against an elected government of the United States they would not have any support. Now if some sort of coup occured then maybe they would have some but, they would need large parts of not only local law enforcement, National Guard, Reserve Units and Active Duty forces to have a chance. Also talk about swamps and forrests is pointless because if the Militias are hiding in the swamps and not on the move to take key cities and bases they might as well not bother. Granted the ones I have seen could would be worthless against regular military forces but, they could be used for rear security duties freeing up the regular forces that came over to do the real fighting.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

About Treason: It is defined as giving aid or confort to the enemy.

YOU LIE!

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Article III Section 3

Levying war against the United States Government by American citizens is treason.

Especially because that constitutionally elected government is in charge of the militias and is tasked with:

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Article I Section 8

So, if militias rise up against the constitutionally elected government of these United States they are traitors. Militias are constitutional because they are to be there for the defense of these United States, not the military takeover of the Union.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

YOU LIE!

Given your past behaviour, I do not think you are in a position to decide who is and is not telling lies.

And it does show.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can say one thing that many people here haven't, I proudly serve in a Militia.
I serve with Alabama State Defense Force A'___'F. One of the few civilian militia that is legal. We don't answer to the federal government, to to the governor of Alabama. And yes, we do get called out and are subject to the same laws as any other guardsmen. Our ranks are filled with everyday people like you and me. A lot of them (like me) couldn't get into the military, but still wants to serve our state and Communities.
There are several states that have something similar. Maybe if Arizona hand this there would be plenty of troops on the border.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

So the same points you are making did not work for the Americans and led to revolution.

Tyrants never listen to reason.

Changing out Pawns Changes nothing.

Obamas foreign policy mirrors Bush's hell he still has the Secertary of Defense that Bush Appointed.

There is no means left for peaceful redress.

We vote on electronic voting machines and votes can be changed.

I have several older friends that wanted to work the polls for the 2010 election and they went through the training on the machines and they were told the had to remove the paper rolls that record every vote cause the paper roll can sometimes jam.

So there is no other Record.

Politicians once elected are either bought out of serve only one term.

Everyone on here that is awake should knoe that the Secret Shadow Government really runs the show.

Well alright, I've said my piece and told you how bad an idea I think this is. I agree with WhatYouKnow regarding his interpretation of the US Constitution. The 2nd Amendment calls for a well regulated militia. The kind of militias you are talking about are not at all regulated.

If you believe in a secret shadow government well then it seems that you've already excused absolutely any actions you'd take. Seriously that sounds like something out of a Bond movie, but it's really convenient that it basically lets you do whatever you want and still sleep at night, pathetic.

I'll just leave the thread with this:

I think the idea of an insurrection at this point is treasonous, and suicidal. Talk is protected though, and playing airsoft doesn't really count as action I'm sorry.

Oi, well it's your funeral. If I am asked I will serve against you, but I do highly doubt anything will come of it either.

Enjoy your toy guns.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I join this sight tonight, Hello everyone.
American People bought in 2008 15+ million firearms.
FFl keeps track of all firearm sales, check it out. I said
my oath, to our military. The American people are the
Largest army in this world. Think about this, how many firearms
were sold from 1950-2010? I follow the laws of the United States.
We need to Vote them that are corrupt out of office. I hope that
2012 we will have gotten rid of most of them.
Time for a change
Later

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
If I am asked I will serve against you, but I do highly doubt anything will come of it either.

I doubt you will.

And the state needs you now for it's wars, but you have not answered the call to serve.

Statists are cowardly. This is common knowledge.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I agree with the one that said that Militas were for the defense of the government

BUT

Who is the government?

Is it those that would subvert every princable that this country is based upon

Or is it the people that these scumbags lord over.....the average citizan

I think both the decleration of independance and the constituion planly state that WE are the government.....not those who bought their way into or were placed by their Masters in congress

So by deffenition....THEY are the enemy of our country.....not us

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Actually, in accordance to the United States Constitution the Congress, the ones that are in charge of the Militias, are in fact the Constitutionally elected representatives of the people. Therefore if the politicians that were constitutionally elected by the people are corrupt it is the fault of the people.

They don't magically just show up in Washington DC and be Senators and Representatives, they are elected.

So if you elect a corrupt politician, who's really to blame when that corrupt politician does something bad for the country? That's right, his bosses, the people that voted him into office. So therefore, if the militias forcibly remove said politician from office they are going against the will of those voters that put that corrupt politician in office to begin with. Therefore they are Traitors as they are willfully ignoring the will of the people and declaring war against the United States.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join