It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. ends combat operations in Iraq

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Long answer short for that question:
Yes. Well, some of them. Most of them, maybe? I don't know but you get my point. My whole family and my girlfriend are all highly convinced that the war is done, everyone's leaving Iraq, and that'll be it. All that's left is to put it into some cheap lie-ridden history book. Ah, I feel a little bad for basically calling my family numbskulls...but eh, what can I say? Love them to death tho...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by star in a jar

At least this war has ended. What do you think will happen next?

if i remember correctly, congress didnt formally declare war in the first place.......am i right or wrong people? i can stand to be corrected without without flipping out....lol!

but i'm happy our boys/girls are, for the most part, coming back home. we need them here anyway.

and now we can start......better yet...resume....making sure their gonna get proper treatment here. too many of my friends came back with issues, and i sent them to my gf's mom, whose a psychologist. no drugs, just untangling the webs so they can get some things settled.

oh...and this doesnt make obama look any better, no more than the gulf oil "poofing" after spilling for months. no more support...just a gentler boot in the arse when his terms up.

but...wait a tick..we still gotta see how the economy, Iran, Afghanistan, Paki, and the border situations work out. hmm..
[edit on 20-8-2010 by ahmonrarh]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe the administration is bringing the troops home to use them here as though there is something in the makings in America lately. Consolidation of forces, it's a politcal sham! The war isnt over problem not solved... FAIL

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And Iran wins, This is just what they have been waiting for. Iran will shortly take full control of Iraq. It will happen in a blink of an eye and the rest of the U.S. troops their will have to evacuate. 50,000 is nothing against a million when are troops are not heavy armor brigades.

Iranian backed shias already run the government in Iraq so its game on. I would not doubt it if Iran hasn't already moved a ton of troops and equipment into strategic areas along Iraq's border with Iran.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join