It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walgreens announces flu shot gift card; give the "gift" of a vaccine (opinion)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I doubt anyone would have the actual statistics and rough estimates just laying around to quote

Obviously I disagree with people fighting against medicine, but I suppose you're free to decide whether or not to get the shot or not.

reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Ugh, sorry, forgot to link it.

Flu Shot FAQ

I'd have to do another search to find the individual studies, but yeah.

The numbers of GBS, population etc were all done through Google and just dividing.

There is something else, I just cannot think of it right now, I WILL BE BACK

But your avatar made me laugh, didn't Blago get off for all but one charge

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Whyhi]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Laugh-out-loud at your video! Thanks

I'm not against medicine, just think that it should be my option.

While I haven't been forced to get flu vaccines, I was forced to comply and have several immunizations.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Well, you are the first one to get the joke. I made it on purpose for the very fact that he was found guilty of what?

Corruption.

Good catch.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Something I have noticed in prior years is how they hype up getting the flu shot and then in no time they say they have run out of it. Better hurry on down crap!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Fluoride hardens tooth enamel, can inhibit oral bacteria's ability to create acids, promotes tooth remineralization, make a tooth more decay resistant, etc. This is far from doing nothing.

Too much fluoride can also lead to fluoridosis and cause tooth decay. Statistics show an increase in fluoridosis in children in the United States in recent years as more and more water utility companies have begun fluoridation campaigns. Brushing with fluoridated toothpaste + drinking fluoridated water = fluoridosis. The type of flouride being added to water, sodium fluoride, is not the naturally occuring substance that has shown to be good for teeth when injested. It is derrived from waste material from nuclear reactors and mining operations. Those companies make a generous return selling sodium fluoride bi-products and I believe that is the real reason fluoridated water has been so heavily promoted and implemented without the consent of the public. This is something the public should be able to vote on after hearing all the facts. Instead, it's been implemented in over half the U.S. by government and industry who have managed to control what most people understand about fluoride in the water as being safe and even good for them. I couldn't disagree more.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by slopeofyourmind]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by slopeofyourmind]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by slopeofyourmind

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Fluoride hardens tooth enamel, can inhibit oral bacteria's ability to create acids, promotes tooth remineralization, make a tooth more decay resistant, etc. This is far from doing nothing.

Too much fluoride can also lead to fluoridosis and cause tooth decay. Statistics show an increase in fluoridosis in children in the United States in recent years as more and more water utility companies have begun fluoridation campaigns. Brushing with fluoridated toothpaste + drinking fluoridated water = fluoridosis. The type of flouride being added to water, sodium fluoride, is not the naturally occuring substance that has shown to be good for teeth when injested. It is derrived from waste material from nuclear reactors and mining operations. Those companies make a generous return selling sodium fluoride bi-products and I believe that is the real reason fluoridated water has been so heavily promoted and implemented without the consent of the public. This is something the public should be able to vote on after hearing all the facts. Instead, it's been implemented in over half the U.S. by government and industry who have managed to control what most people understand about fluoride in the water as being safe and even good for them. I couldn't disagree more.

The way you quoted that it looks like I support fluoride...I DON"T!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sorry to post again about fluoride even though this was about vaccine "gifts".

So fluoxetine, generic for prozac is the drug below:

If you look at that, and understand a little organic chemistry, it becomes apparent that the 3 F's at the lower right can dissociate from the rest of the molecule. If 1 of the F atoms dissociates, it will leave a tertiary carbocation (tertiary because it is bonded to three substituents, carbo for carbon, and cation because it would be positively charged).

Tertiary carbocations are the MOST stable, and therefore easily formed. Another aspect of that molecule is the benzene ring (hexagon with 3 lines in it). Those are resonant structures, and very stable. This would once again stabilize, and allow for the formation of, a tertiary carbocation at the CFFF section of the molecule.

This would result in negatively charged fluoride anions in your body. Fluoride anions are once again highly reactive. I don't think it is a coincidence that a major functional group of prozac is a tri-fluoro group.

Here's a great source:

Fluoride and the Pineal Gland

[edit on 19-8-2010 by BenIndaSun]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun

The way you quoted that it looks like I support fluoride...I DON"T!!!

I edited your name from the quote. Was a little tricky because it kept adding it back in each time I previewed the post. Will be more careful in the future and thanks for not supporting the poisoning of the population. Don't even get me started on vaccines!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just don't understand why people are so scared of vaccines. They saved me a LOT as a kid in the 70's. I didn't get as bad of chicken pox, never got mumps or measles or rhubella, etc. Vaccines are made to save you from horrifying illnesses!

Such propaganda/conspiracies about a life saving thing. A shame.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

It is amazing, I got mumps, measles and chicken pox as a kid, and here I am.

Oh well, I guess I just SHOULD have died like the propaganda says I should.

edit to add-have you ever heard of immunity or herd mentality they like to espouse?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Finland’s National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) has suspended the use of the H1N1 vaccine over fears that the shot is linked with a 300 per cent increase in cases of the neurological disorder narcolepsy among children and young people over the last six months.

dprogram.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Australia bans flu vaccines in children after vomiting, fevers, seizures

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have an autoimmune disorder and asthma, both of which cause me to become severely ill when and if I acquire even just the common cold, let alone influenza. I almost always end up on antibiotics with severe secondary bacterial infections like bronchitis and pneumonia.

As such, I've gotten a flu shot every year since I turned 18. I'll be 29 in December. Apart from a mild headache and some dizziness, I've never had an adverse reaction to the flu shot. That doesn't mean they don't happen. GBS is associated with one out of every 100,000 flu shots, and those with allergic sensitivity to any of the ingredients in the shot can become severely ill.

That said, for ten years I've gotten the flu shot. I got the H1N1 shot and the seasonal flu shot last year. I just got this year's combined flu shot yesterday.

I'm not trying to encourage anyone to get or not get vaccinated. Individual rights to do with one's body what one chooses is something I believe in strongly and cherish.

All I'm saying is: I'm still here. Just my two cents.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If you feel powerless realizing that chemical contamination found in food and first necessity products has reached its highest level of pandemic proportion, causing calamities in the world such as Cancer [20,000 deaths a day], Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease, because public health has been sacrificed on the altar of profit by those who are poisoning the food industry in complicity with the irresponsible leaders in power.

This is part of the full text available at www.missionarieswithoutborders.com. Go to this site and you will find your way out of this necessary evil inflicted on the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yeah, the flu shot gift card thing really threw me for a loop too! When I first saw it at Safeway I was thinking...holiday whoobie whattie!? Seeing the sign made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

Since when did we start giving eachother gift cards for f*cking medical procedures!!? Uncle Sam is being entirely to pushy about this whole thing...which makes it IMO even more suspicous.

Since about mid-August I have had bad dreams and the worst feeling in my stomach about this whole flu shot thing....I even started a Facebook group to warn people (and provide some links to some articles). Anyone who does even the least bit of research about the shot WON'T get it...hopefully. Plus...my gut instinct is telling me that the plastic so-called "FEMA" coffins are linked with this shot somehow. NOT GOOD ppl.

The two other things that are creepy deepy...

-Safeway is offering 10% off your groceries if you get the shot there.
-Several YMCA's in my city are offering it free to little kids/cheap for adults, in get this: A DRIVE-THRU SET UP!

It's like "mommy, since we are in the drive thru can I get a Happy Meal?" "Oh no honey, we are driving through here so someone can lean out a window and stab you in the arm with a needle!" WTF!

edit on 22-10-2010 by elegant-gypsy because: I'm a fanatic about correcting my spelling/typos. Alright, alright I'm a little OCD sheesh!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join