It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Republicans Alienating Hispanic and Muslim Voters?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

But support for Republicans from both minority groups looks to be uncertain amid the increasing fervor over the cultural center and the immigration issue.

Muslims, who have already turned overwhelmingly to Democrats in recent elections, are likely to turn away further. Republican Muslims say the debate will alienate their constituency if it continues to brew.

Wonder if things could really backfire on the GOP?

They'd be pretty ignorant to think the Muslim and Hispanic communities aren't noticing what they're doing and don't have any influence.

The Tea Parties will be a factor here as well, but to what end?

Thoughts?

Note to Add: Neither a democrat nor a republican here. Just found this an interesting aspect of what might be coming this fall.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Does it matter? Is my thought. The whole Rep/Dem thing and even the election are just a farce. The powers behiind the throne control it all, whoever wins will be a candidate picked by them, the results will be rigged and their evil agenda will continue to be rolled out.

Best thing I can think of is to go to the booth and then simply write a comment on the ballot paper!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Not to me, it doesn't. But to them it's the be all end all, or so it seems. Or are they just playing a game too?

I'm just very interested to see how all this stuff shakes out in November.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Who cares?

Your thread topic is RACIST.

Are the democrats (edit to add-or republicans) alienating American voters should be the question.

I do not know about you, myself I am American.

Not Norwergian American.
Not German American.
Not Irish American.
Not Mexican American.
Not Christian American.
Not Buddhist American.
Not African American.
Not.............................

I am American!

Is that TOO politically INCORRECT?!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Are you saying this article from ABC News is racist?

I suggest you write to them and inform them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The MSM is the most racist group in the history of Earth just about. They are very clever about it and spin it well though.

Also, Politicians are uber racists as well.

They always "pander to certain racial groups" and talk all nice to them but once they get that vote they stab em in the back.

That's how American politics go ain't it??

If I ever ran for office, I would only pander to ONE group. American Citizens!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Who cares?

Your thread topic is RACIST.

Are the democrats alienating American voters should be the question.

Ok, how is it racist exactly?

Do you deny that there are Hispanic people living in the United States?

Do you realize that Muslim refers to a religion, and not a 'race'?

Both people of Hispanic descent and Muslim religion can be US citizens, and thus can vote. By unfairly targeting these two groups, Republicans are inevitably going to lose these votes. I don't really understand your outrage. The topic is completely legitimate and not racist in the slightest.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

How is that racist and how is saying you're American politically incorrect...?

On topic - The republicans / GOP / Especially the tea partiers definitely lost pretty much any minority vote they may have had way back when.

As Bill Maher put it:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There is trying to solve an issue and using an issue as a vote getter.

IMO, the Muslim and illegal immigration is a vote getter. I won't deny that both use the issue as a vote getter, but the GOP is pushing it too far and it will ultimately cost them minority votes.

Many Americans who are Hispanics or Muslims get harrassed when the rhetorhic gets out of control.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You damn right. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, whatever.

Anyone that divides us up into ethnicity is pandering to divide and conquer.

I am SICK of the blatant use of this.

Sorry, Lucidity, I have NO idea what race, religion, or whatever you are. Does this NOT begin to get your hopes up?

We are communicating without all the crap bigotry involved. We communicate by our beliefs only.

Us all on the internet have NO color, NO religious preconceptions, NO political ideologies.

Why can't we use that to destroy their propaganda techniques?!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Desperation must be setting in.
I'm Hispanic and I haven't been alienated.
In fact I am even more emboldened now to cast my vote in the next election, more than I ever have.

I can see Novermber from my house.

Btw, if you are referring to Hispanics of the illegal variety that Obama is desperately trying to suck up to, I've got news for you,
... a huge majority of them don't even care about voting.

They don't believe in taking time off to vote because making a buck is much more important.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

How is it racist, or say bigotry.

Well, take a look at it.

They ask if a certain demographic are being alienated by the republican party.

Now, the only reason I said democrat in my response, is to further the evidence that those that think in those LITTLE boxes they like to provide for you, are all about the divisiveness.

Sorry, I am Human First, Then Spiritual, Then Family, Then Friend, Then Community, Then Freedom, Then Liberty, Then National. With a few others thrown in the end.

I am saltheart foamfollower, giant heart, giant protector of the free will rhetoric. I hate to see those divided by petty divide and conquer tactics.

Peace my fellow travelers of the ether.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
All I know is the illegal immigration sentiment leaks into acts against perfectly legit citizens. I've spoken about specific incidents related to what is fed from the right in other posts. I won't reiterate here. If these citizens have any doubt as to the intent and feel that it effectively targets them along ethnic lines, they'll avoid the GOP like the plague.

My gf's mother lives is AZ, is Hispanic from PR, and is sure to keep her "papers" (passport) on her so she doesn't get taken down to the station by one of Arpaio's henchman. She's not the only one by far. If they feel like they have to live that way as a result of stirring up latent de facto racist sentiment, write them off, GOP!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry.

I didn't intend for this to start a racist discussion. I was merely thinking in terms of demographics and parties, which I'm not used to doing to begin with. Neither do I think in terms of race. Frankly, I'm shocked at the reaction by some people.

Again, it was not my intention.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Why start a thread then? Once it's out there, you're no longer in complete control of it. Does your sentiment invalidate ALL the posts in the thread in one felled swoop though? Because you don't like how others respond, their efforts should be removed and censored by the ATSPTB?

So, you won't address the topic because you don't normally think in terms of "race", "demographics" or "parties". Ok, but that doesn't mean it has no effect upon the composition of reality and what is going on. In my direct experience, it does matter.

Just take it on. It's no big deal to discuss, really.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Screw them Lucidity. To answer the question...YES. The GOP is alienating both groups. I don't think a lot of blacks voted for George Wallace.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Are Republicans Alienating Hispanic and Muslim Voters?

No, what I see is the democrats trying to use this as a platform to make people think the republicans are the bad guys.

Im not suprised, the left are usually the ones who turn everything into a race issue either directly or non directly(I.E this write up).

Correct title of the thread should be-

"Are The Democrats Trying to Turn the Hispanics and Muslimcommunities against the GOP by printing crap like this?"

This DOES NOT help their case, and anyone with half a brain could figure this out.

Why is it of lately that all the left can do is use these racial divides? IMO they seem a lot more racist then the GOP for continually trying to use skin color and ethnic backround as a means to gain votes. Its Sad, SAD, that they have to resort to this kind of crap. I almost feel sorry for them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Except for a few lame pc yanks, most Americans i have met would destroy that nonesence for common sense..

This thread is bogus...

My American brothers and sisters will destroy their administration... It will happen soon.,

God bless America... Im sooo with you x

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I don't want to be responsible for a thread in which people start screaming race. No.

And yes, 12gauge, I agree. It's going to matter a lot. I hope both parties hang themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Now ABC News is a racist Democrat? Oh boy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join