It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iranian Fighter Jet Crashes Near Nuke Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Report: Iranian Fighter Jet Crashes Near Nuke Plant

www.foxn ews.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — An Iranian fighter jet crashed Tuesday in southern Iran near the country's nuclear power plant that is to start up over the weekend, a semi-official news agency reported. The two pilots ejected safely.

The Fars agency quoted local government official Gholam Reza Keshtkar as saying one of Iranian airforce's F-4 planes crashed about four miles (six kilometers) north of the city of Bushehr. The city is located 745 miles (1,200 kilometers) south of the capital, Tehran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I dont know if this is big news or not but ive seen it several places in the MSM today. I guess being that it crashed so close to the nuke plant is important i dont know. The Iranians are citing "technical failure". I wonder if "technically Israel sabatoged it" somehow? I doubt it, but the fact that another country's fighter jet crashed today has made MSM news is weird.

www.foxn ews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

they accidently shot it down with their own anti air missiles?
since the US can do it with patriot missiles
i am sure the iranians can also screw up with their own

guess saying tecnical faults makes it look less like a screw up

[edit on 17-8-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Very well could be!! Im sure they are on such a heightened state of alert around the reactor that i wouldnt doubt they shot one of their own out of paranoia!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

No need for Israel to sabotage any of Iran's aircraft. Their age and lack of spare parts make the aircraft their own worst enemy.

lmao

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well if nothing else it lets everyone know where their fighter jets are...circling around the reactor.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am amazed they are even still using F4's...where does all of that oil money go to these days? Surely they have some Mig 29's, or Su-30MKI's, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Yog-Sothoth

Here is a list from wiki for their operational aircraft-colored sections are active.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like they have a total of 37 F4's of differing variants.

They also have F14's, Mirage F1's, Mig 29's, F5's, Sukhoi 24 and 25's.

Do not know how accurate this is, looks like the latest updates to it were in 08.

edit to add link

[edit on 17-8-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think it was a test. Allow them a considerable distance into the no fly zone then practise taking out the jet when there is little ground left to cover. Maybe preparing incase one Israeli jet managed to slip through unharmed and got that close.

BTW I commented on your other thread too, I like the way you opted for Fox over Debka!
That must have been a difficult choice...

Other interesting articles today;

www.jpost.com...

www.presstv.ir...

Everybody is talking about the lack of time left.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That jet has to be almost 40 years old. I know they do not put many hours on their planes for training but, its amazing they get these things in the air at all. Not that the rest of their airforce is much better off.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yikes!

What timing and coincidnce. Bet this made more than a few people jump. Glad the pilots are safe.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe the Iranians have word that israel is about to attack and they got super jumpy?

new topics

top topics

join