It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel has 8 days to strike Iran'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Sorry but Israel is not,nor will it ever, be in the business of peace. War is the most profitable thing in the world so why prevent one?

I agree on that. Israel won't become an aggressor against a nation that can defend itself in a one-on-one contingency. Israel won't start a fight they can't win, but they certainly would do so knowing the US will supply them and jump into the fray. Israel has no qualms at all in bullying smaller regions (Gaza, West Bank, Lebanon), but they won't fly into Iran without a US lobbyist copilot. (while understanding it is not Israel itself, but the Israeli Industrial complex)
And they will do so knowing that Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq/Iran will come knocking at their door. And just as you say, war is extremely profitable. They will willfully throw the aresenal at an invader under the premise that their portfolios will indeed grow, even though many would die, the perpetrators would be cowering in a deep bunker, nervous as kids on the first day of school.

The real life chess game continues....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Ben does this often, Ben is very quick to rip into every government and every action anywhere but..... hey Ben, tell us what you've got to tell us about Canada - after all that's where you live so maybe an opinion about something you can actually talk to with some tenuous grasp on the real issues would maybe be interesting instead of spewing your vile anti sematic filth.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylde99

'Israel has 8 days to strike Iran'

www.jpost.com

Former US envoy to the UN John Bolton said Monday that if Israel wants to prevent Iran from acquiring a working nuclear plant, then a military strike must be launched against the Bushehr nuclear power facility within the next eight days. The comments were made in an interview with the Fox Business Network.
(visit the link for the full news article)

So a former US envoy to the UN has this opinion? And this means...... what? They are not speaking with any authority are they? If we had that a former hitmaker in the '50s says lady gaga should wear socks or she won't top the charts, would you take that with the same credibility? If not, why not? Former means nothing, it's an opinion, the same as any of us could make. His role is not specified - what I guess he's saying is the bleeding obvious, if it will be semi operational or operational in 8 days (or the necessary pieces are in place in that time), then theoretically they need to be removed in x days - and? Who has said or intimated that Israel has said it will destroy it? Really, show some evidence.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Make that six days now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Israel needs to literally sort this out tonight because once the fuel rods are delivered, installed or not, if bombs hit them, it will spread nasty stuff around.

There will also be more Russian personnel there in the next few days and I really wouldn't want to upset the Ruskies!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Dude, do the simple arithmetic. If the fuel is to be delivered on August 21 that does not give us 6 days

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This coming Saturday - 2 days left! I would think they would have hit it already but we shall see.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not gonna happen!!! No attack.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yeah I think it's safe to say if Israel really wanted to take it out it would be done by now. I don't see the sense in waiting till the last 5 mins before the fuel rods arrive at the site..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think that Israel will strikke AFTER the fuel is in. Big war coming soon I suspect, but here is something to lighten the mood:

*Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is talking to the worlds press*

MA: "Yes... we have nuclear materials. But aim is peaceful."

(What MA is REALLY SAYING) "Yes we have nuclear materials, but our aim? It's Jerusalem"

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

(What BSG75 is really saying) "Yes I'm a brainwashed cog by my TV and government who actually believes Iran are pursuing Nuclear bombs and are going to create a mushroom cloud on Tel Aviv"

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by BSG75

(What BSG75 is really saying) "Yes I'm a brainwashed cog by my TV and government who actually believes Iran are pursuing Nuclear bombs and are going to create a mushroom cloud on Tel Aviv"

*eyebrow*

I was trying to lighten the mood from all this doom and gloom outlook

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't think Israel will attack either. If you believe in any Bible prophecy, I always wondered what Israel could do to make all the nations of the world rise up against them. A strike on Iran's nuclear facilities not operational probably wouldn't make ALL the nations rise up against them, but a strike on one operational and exposing the world and region to radioactive fall out might do the trick.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

I dont think a war will start BEFORE the fuel goes in. Israel will have "infomation" that Iran had a nuclear material bomb (not an actual nuke per say) and that it launched an attack to create peace. Everyone on the side of Israel will go "oh how lucky that was..."

In the event of war, who will be on each others side? Certainly won't be us (UK). We're not happy about the Iranians, but niether are we all that friendly with America at the moment after they poke around about the BP leak. Perhap's we'll put out the deckchairs, open the Carlings and watch this one from the sidelines!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A "nuclear material bomb"? You talking about a dirty bomb? Umm yeah Iran and like 100 other countries can do that...right now. In fact if you live near a hospital that takes x-rays and you can get your hands on the radioactive waste, then you can make a dirty bomb with that. This is nothing new and not something Iran has to "develop".

Originally posted by BSG75
reply to post by highfreq

I dont think a war will start BEFORE the fuel goes in. Israel will have "infomation" that Iran had a nuclear material bomb (not an actual nuke per say) and that it launched an attack to create peace. Everyone on the side of Israel will go "oh how lucky that was..."

In the event of war, who will be on each others side? Certainly won't be us (UK). We're not happy about the Iranians, but niether are we all that friendly with America at the moment after they poke around about the BP leak. Perhap's we'll put out the deckchairs, open the Carlings and watch this one from the sidelines!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

waiting up all night watching FOX lol

STOP WATCHING FOX..

You're going mental, like a psycho telling everyone to attack everyone else because you have paranoia

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Israel would have never waited this long to strike. My guess is Obama and Gates decided not to give Israel any assistance in the form of aircraft or missiles for fear of being directly implicated. Israel looks to be completely alone.

Israel will not win any favor in the world by turning the Persian Gulf into Chernobyl 2.0 that much is certain. If no moves are made by tomorrow, it looks to be a done deal. Iran will be a nuclear state, handing the US and Israel an embarrassing defeat. With several other reactors in the works, the plot thickens...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If Israel does strike, this will be one of the most televised, telegraphed "surprise attacks" ever.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Awful funny timing on the oversized bomb shelter mapping out, don't ya think? Large ones to accomodate "tens of thousands"....

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSG75

(What MA is REALLY SAYING) "Yes we have nuclear materials, but our aim? It's Jerusalem"

Do you think Iran is willing to destroy the al asqsa mosque ?

Or the *20% of Muslim Israeli citizens ?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join