It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where else shall mosques not be built?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i'm just wondering, there seems to be a lot of discussion about the ground zero mosque.
are there any other locations that people would be offended if a mosque was built?
the first place that comes to mind is the white house. would there be outrage? for all i know there may already be one within a short distance.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I think they should build as many mosques in the US as there are churches in Saudi Arabia. Oh wait a minute, churches aren't allowed in Saudi Arabia.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yeah, because Saudi Arabia is definitely the United States of America. That has to be the most lacking argument I have seen throughout this whole situation. Stop trying to justify your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Yeah, because Saudi Arabia is definitely the United States of America. That has to be the most lacking argument I have seen throughout this whole situation. Stop trying to justify your ignorance.

Actually, it is you who needs to be EDUCATED. Let me EDUCATE you:

Mecca is a city in western Saudi Arabia. The population is about 1,500,000. Mecca is the birthplace of Muhammad, founder of Islam, and is the most sacred of city in Islam. According to Islamic tradition, Muslims around the world must face Mecca during their daily prayers. Every year, during the last month of the Islamic calendar, more than one million Muslims make a pilgrimage, or hajj, to Mecca.

library.thinkquest.org...

That says it all. You cannot separate Saudi Arabia from Islam, any more than you can separate the Vatican from the Catholic Church.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Wow, he still doesn't understand my point. You are either dense, a troll, or just full of hate. It's not surprising at all that you missed the point. I am talking about the philosophical foundations of the United States of America, and the entitlements that the first amendment grants citizens within it's boarders. This has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia or Mecca for that matter. This has to do with the hypocrisy of idiots claiming to be freedom loving Americans only when it is convenient and in line with their beliefs.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would suggest any mosque be underneath the rubble of churches, done and done.

Then we can go back to only having bloodshed over food and energy.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm think on the National Mall. You got a couple of monuments that have lived out their usefulness. Knock down the old and bring in the new. Just joking about this one, so no one gets their panties in a wad.

Actually. let them build anywhere private property allows with local laws and building codes allow. 2 blocks from the White House is the same statement. We, as a group of Americans, are too stupid to figure this out.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

That says it all. You cannot separate Saudi Arabia from Islam, any more than you can separate the Vatican from the Catholic Church.

Actually my friend, I have largley succeeded in separating the Vatican from the Catholic Church in my epic: All Roads Lead to Rome thread.

It sure hasn't been easy though.

Now can Proto seperate Islam from Saudi Arabia?

Looks like my work is never done!

By the way I fully support the building of the Community Center and Prayer Space for Muslims.

The truth is the best defense the non-religious have, is sitting back and watching the religious slander, defame, villify and kill one another.

Gives me the warm fuzzies, how about you?

You know it was such a popular song, still to this day, but I don't think many people have gotten the message behind Led Zeppelins "Stairway to Heaven"

~and she's buying a stairway to heaven~

The religious imagine they can build and buy a stairway to heaven, but the truth is they have turned the entire planet into Hell trying too.

[edit on 15/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

According to Google there is a secret Christian church in Mecca
until there is a Christian church built there and attendees are
allowed to worship God in that way, why should we allow a Mosque to be built in NY at the site of the WTC??

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why does this topic bring such aggression and such a lack of productive opinion no matter which side is talking nor how many different threads are posted about it?

Has anyone really learned anything new in any of these threads?

"Hey people...c’mon now. That means everybody just cool out. Just cool out everybody. Everybody be cool now. How are we doing over there? Can we still make it out in front?...I hope you’re alright. Let give ourselves half a minute...is there anybody hurt? Something always funny happens when we start that number."

-Mick Jagger lamely and ineffectively trying to keep the crouds from rioting at the Altamont Speedway Free Festival, December 6, 1969

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

The Saudi Arabia is the USA

You must have slept through 5th grade.

Yes, I'm not just laughing at you, but I'm pointing at you as well.

Saudi Arabia does Not Allow free speech, Does Not Allow Christian Churches
and does Not Allow women to have many many rights. Here in America, the muslims can build a mosque at ground zero, as well have the above rights.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Wow, he still doesn't understand my point. You are either dense, a troll, or just full of hate. It's not surprising at all that you missed the point. I am talking about the philosophical foundations of the United States of America, and the entitlements that the first amendment grants citizens within it's boarders. This has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia or Mecca for that matter. This has to do with the hypocrisy of idiots claiming to be freedom loving Americans only when it is convenient and in line with their beliefs.

The OP is dealing with the building of mosques in the US near various sites.
Before you start calling people idiots, maybe you had better learn the difference between BORDERS( which separate entities) and BOARDERS( people that dwell in an abode).
Furthermore, these mosques, that you claim have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia, are being FUNDED in LARGE part by Saudi Arabia.

U.S.-Saudi oil imports fund American mosques Hijackers' homeland has pumped millions into some of largest Islamic centers here

www.wnd.com...

In addition

“The Wahhabi Invasion of America”

Reza F. Safa, author of Inside Islam, estimates that since 1973, the Saudi government has spent an unbelievable $87B to promote Wahhabism in the United States, Africa, Southeast Asia and Europe. According to official Saudi information, Saudi funds have been used to build and maintain over 1,500 mosques, 202 colleges, 210 Islamic Centers wholly or partly financed by Saudi Arabia, and almost 2,000 schools for educating Muslim children in non-Islamic countries in Europe, North and South America, Australia and Asia.

www.jfednepa.org...

This has EVERYTHING to do with Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, since you seem to only be able to debate by name-calling, I will not stoop to debate you any more, because it is apparent you merely wish to spout your left-leaning propaganda without any rationale to back it up. Have a nice life. You've made my ignore list.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

I can't say I've seen ProfEmeritus display an of those three traits you've mentioned. I agree it has nothing to do with Mecca or Saudi Arabia....however claiming people are hypocritical idiots is actually kind of funny. Lets see, we allow others to exploit our constitution to their ends, and yet the guilt ridden pc brigade sees nothing wrong with it.......I'd say that's pretty idiotic..........shoe fits on both feet. I think maybe rethinking why people don't agree with this is something you should spend some time reflecting on........epic fail.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Maybe you should take your own advice when it comes to justifying ignorance ?

Profemeritus took the words right out of my mouth when he blew this thread's stance out of the water

Those seeking to 'form and shape' non-muslims' opinions --- using this and numerous other forums as a free platform need first to do their homework

and need to investigate how many NON-muslim houses of worship are being constructed currently in muslim nations

How many ?

NONE, you say ?

But how can that be ? Isn't Islam the 'religion of peace and tolerance ' ?

No ?

Christian places of worship are regularly defaced and desecrated by muslims in traditionally muslim nations, you say ?

And Christians and other non-muslims are regularly slaughtered and beheaded and have their tongues torn out by muslims in traditionally muslim nations ? That's not very 'peaceful' or 'tolerant' ---- is it ?

Where ARE the newspaper reports of Christian cathedrals within muslim nations ?

And where are the news items about proposed construction of NEW Christian or non-muslim churches, cathedrals etc. in muslim nations ? Where are they ? I can't find them

Yet millions of muslims have flooded the West

They claim theirs is a religion of peace and tolerance

They erect massive mosques all over the West, despite that muslim artchitecture does not conform in any way with that of their non-muslim host nations

But there's no give and take -- is there ?

Muslims don't seem to give a damn about observing the traditions or heritage of their hosts

That's rude, isn't it ? That's poor manners --- isn't it ? It's a kick in the face of the Western hosts, isn't it ?

So how about we start talking about balance, shall we ?

How about --- for every muslim migrant who migrates to a Western nation .... a non-muslim migrates to a muslim land ?

Sound fair to you ?

How about ... for every muslim who takes permanent residency status in the West --- an equal number of non-muslims are granted permanent residency status in a muslim nation ?

That's fair, isn't it ?

How about ... for every muslim who lives on welfare in the West .... a Westerner is provided welfare and all perks in a muslim nation ?

We like 'fair' --- don't we ?

And how about --- for every muslim place of worship and school that's constructed in the West ..... a non-muslim place of worship and school will be constructed in a muslim nation (and usually at the cost of that muslim-nation's public purse -- the way the Western taxpayer is funding all those muslim mosques and schools in the West )

Ok. We've established 'fair and balanced'

We feel better now, don't we ?

And as the muslims are miles ahead in the game --- there needs to be a complete halt to the construction of any further muslim places of worship and schools in the West

--- until the West has caught UP ! That's fair and balanced, beyond doubt

Which means that until there are thousands of Christian and other non-muslims places of worship and schools constructed within muslim nations -- there will be no more muslim mosques or schools constructed in the West

Then we'll have a grace period of maybe ten or twenty years --- to ensure that muslims in muslim-nations demonstrate respect and tolerance towards (1) the existence of non-muslim places of worhip in muslim lands (2) towards non-muslims, in muslim nations and (3) towards non-muslim religions and beliefs within muslim nations

Let's see who blinks first ?

Because I believe muslims would lose -- and it wouldn't take long before the tongue-less, head-less bodies of non-muslims began hitting the streets --- and before non-muslim places of worship were desecrated and destroyed

Prove me wrong

Make application to construct a cathedral in a muslim land

Let me know how you fare

thanks

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. There can't be few enough mosques in this country for my taste.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Lets see, we allow others to exploit our constitution to their ends, and yet the guilt ridden pc brigade sees nothing wrong with it.

Others?

Seriously?

Other Americans?

Guilt-ridden?

*quadruple face palm

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

According to Google there is a secret Christian church in Mecca
until there is a Christian church built there and attendees are
allowed to worship God in that way, why should we allow a Mosque to be built in NY at the site of the WTC??

actually, i don't have much of a problem with the proposed mosque, unless what i believe is true about the funding coming from terrorists.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You are either dense, a troll, or just full of hate.

Can I choose the third

Pretty obvious

I get your point, but he didn't because he doesn't want to get it. He wants to continue hating, because that gives him a purpose in life lol

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

“The Wahhabi Invasion of America”

Reza F. Safa, author of Inside Islam, estimates that since 1973, the Saudi government has spent an unbelievable $87B to promote Wahhabism in the United States, Africa, Southeast Asia and Europe.

According to official Saudi information, Saudi funds have been used to build and maintain over 1,500 mosques, 202 colleges, 210 Islamic Centers wholly or partly financed by Saudi Arabia, and almost 2,000 schools for educating Muslim children in non-Islamic countries in Europe, North and South America, Australia and Asia

www.jfednepa.org...

Thank YOU, Profemeritus ! Thank you indeed for that information

It's now clear just who is funding all these Paid-to-Post characters who are currently flooding this and other forums with pro-muslim propaganda

The Paids-to-Post are employed to form and shape opinion --- paid to form and shape the Sheepies' opinions

Paid to utilize ATS and other forums as free platforms !

Cheaper than taking out paid-commercials on the tv or in magazines and newspapers ... isn't it ? LOL

And isn't it said that the (sic) 'Saudi Royal Family' --- are in fact jews ? Yes, that's what's said out there by those who've invested massive energy in investigating it

And isn't it said that Saudis were responsible for the massacre of 3,000 American citizens on 9/11 ? Yes, that's what many said at the time and continue to say

And isn't it said that the US government flew those Saudis out of the US while the American people were still watching the Trade Towers collapse ? Yes, that's what people say and were saying at the time

And NOW those same Saudis are using paid American traitors to steal bandwidth from ATS and other forums --

and use this forum as a free advertising and brain-washing platform

to persuade Americans that they should lie down and say nothing as their heritage and traditional architecture etc. is trampled beneath muslim feet and muslim places of worship ?

Paid American traitors earning a few sheckels for selling out their own people and land ?

In my opinion, it would be more noble to go and steal food, rather than pay for it with Saudi money

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

This has EVERYTHING to do with Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, since you seem to only be able to debate by name-calling, I will not stoop to debate you any more, because it is apparent you merely wish to spout your left-leaning propaganda without any rationale to back it up. Have a nice life. You've made my ignore list.

There is no debate, just the fact that you want to copy a country who you hate.

That makes you an idiot, yes name calling applies here because only an idiot would copy the actions he/she hates and disagrees with.

You talk about Saudi Arabia not allowing Churches, then you claim America should not allow Mosques (something along those lines). Look at yourself in the mirror, you might be wearing a turban.

Let's put it in another perspective shall we:

Saudi Arabia builds mosques in America, while America builds military bases in Saudi Arabia. Fair deal don't you think?

Those who still don't get why this hate exists, the purpose, here is a new finding:
CLICK

[edit on 15-8-2010 by oozyism]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join