It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You know what I meant.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
|2 Original Poster.

NO YOU NEVER HAVE THE RIGHT 2B RACIST!!

Racism condemns some one, or a group of someones simply on the basis of location of birth. It does not take into account the individual and their independent persona.

It is akin to suggesting that Mother Theresa and Ted Bundy were one and the same simply because they were both human.

Your post displays great articulation and ability for considered thought. Please apply your able intellect to your misplaced anger.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
You know what I meant.

I don't think I do.

Please elaborate, in which century are racists supposedly welcome ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They should never be welcome - but it was more culturally acceptable because of idiots in the past.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Racists aren't welcome in the 21st century.

You are speaking for whom? The whole of humanity? Or the century itself?

I would rather welcome racists to be verbally open and honest about it, so that the rest of us can know who they are and avoid them if we so wish.

I also think taboo topics should always be open for discussion. Without discourse we cannot have understanding. Without understanding we cannot properly address our issues and attempt to resolve them.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by eMachine]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

They should never be welcome -but it was more culturally acceptable because of idiots in the past.

Why were there more ''idiots'' in the past ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
2 Baloney

I simply wanted to say 'AMEN'

....But apparently I need to use motre words to post!!

So.... Amen

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
[edit on 083131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
2 Sherlock Holmes

"Were there more racists in the past"?

Its elementary my dear Watson!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

eMachine, is that you in the avatar ?

I only ask because the girl in the avatar looks quite fit in that picture.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwiftD
"Were there more racists in the past"?

Quote me on that one, my dear Watson !

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yes, it is....

And... uh... thanks?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

No problem.

I was just passing comment.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
E-machine

which 'he who knows' do you follow?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SwiftD

Umm... it varies, depending on the subject and the company.

Generally, I prefer to be the "simple" one. I like to learn.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Proof that light travels faster than sound is when you see someone who appears bright but when they open their mouth proves otherwise.

As you have bothered to subscribe to a site like this you are clearly not 'simple'.

Your Bruce Lee attachment suggests you wish to find answers. I just wondered what you were asking?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Proof that light travels faster than sound is when you see someone who appears bright but when they open their mouth proves otherwise.

As you have bothered to subscribe to a site like this you are clearly not 'simple'.

Your Bruce Lee attachment suggests you wish to find answers. I just wondered what you were asking?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwiftD

I appreciate you sharing your judgment of me. Yes, the brightness effect of that picture is on some level satirical.

As for the Bruce Lee quote... I know that I know nothing, but I contemplate much. I don't believe in myself or any of my ideas, atleast not to the extent that I think others must share them. I don't ask anything particular. I come here sometimes to see what others' perspectives are, and for inspiration on what topics I may want to research for myself.

Okay, so I hope that satisfies your curiosity. Thanks for taking a superficial interest in me. If you have any other personal inquiries, you may U2U me. I am not the subject of this thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I live in the UK and here racism is illegal (it's covered under the public order act) and if that were to change in favour of some insanely liberal idealism regarding free speach I think I'd have move to a saner country. If you fear some fictional Orwellian thought police type senario then consider the difference in sentencing for a premeditated murder, compared with a not premeditated one. I've never heard anyone complain that determining premeditation is a civil rights abuse. This is my first ever post so be gentle.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What!!!!!! You mean people are allowed to disagree with my opinions??? How horrible! What the heck has the world turned into??

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join