It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff: Border Patrol Has Retreated from Parts of Border Because It's 'Too Dangerous'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Arizona Sheriff: Border Patrol Has Retreated from Parts of Border Because It's 'Too Dangerous'

www.cnsnews.com

Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County, Ariz., one of four Arizona counties contiguous with the U.S-Mexico border, said Friday that the U.S. Border Patrol has pulled back from parts of the border in his and neighboring counties because manning those areas has become too dangerous.

Dever stressed that the Border Patrolmen are ready and willing to perform their mission of securing the border, but that Border Patrol managers had determined that in “some places” the danger was too great...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well maybe what little is left of the $600M that was just approved and signed into law by Obama, after the various drug and other agencies get their grubby hands on most of it, will help to push the front lines back over on their side of the border...

This is crazy. Send those suckers back home to Mexico in body bags if they don't get the message and keep coming across. First they put a $250 K bounty on the heads of agents, then another $1M bounty on the sheriff's head, so what's next?

Why not just put a bounty on every fricken American and let's go to war already!

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Fri Aug 13th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Jeepers...
It's starting to look like the only thing that will stop this invasion from the south is a good blizzard...in Saskatchewan.

This is not an accidental problem...
It is of G lowball ist manufacture...
and I don't think it will get fixed untill globalism gets "fixed"...
and I mean "fixed" as in the way a young male dog gets "Fixed"
It'll take a generation to disappear, but it would be worth the wait.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
See the real problem is that we're to afraid of killing any of them because thats an act of war and Mexico will get very mad. Thats the main reason were not retaliating. So I know that the drug dealers coming over are terrible but with our forces stretched out like they are, we don't need a 3 front war.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I see a day when we have to turn the Mexican boarder into a minefield. A minefield a 100 yards across from end to end. A simple fence on each side to keep animals out.

Anyone remember that thing called The Berlin Wall? Anyone trying to climb that thing got shoot. We may some day have a Mexican Wall.

I have nothing at all against Mexico or its people but they can not handle there problems and now there problems are becoming our problems

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

No one liked the Berlin Wall, and the Berlin Wall was a different story. It was created by the communists to make it harder for the Allies to supply West Berlin and keep East Berlinians to escape the tyranny. Now unless you want America to go back to the isolationist ways that they had before each World War, which could be useful, but not practical in this day and age. The only real solution is to 1 invade Mexico, or 2. get the Mexican army to secure the borders also, number 2 wont happen and number 1 isn't practical

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

look there is 1900 miles of disputed border.
then there are 25,000 employees involved in securing the border.

lets do some math.

2000 divided by 25000 = 12.5 agents per mile

divided by three (three shifts) is four agents per mile per day.

1760 yards in a Mile divided by four agents is 450 yards.

a scoped .30 cal rifle is accurate to 800 yards.

each agent is issued a .30 cal, (.308, .30-06, .300 HH Mag, .300 Savage, and it seems to me we could defend the border.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
We should kill the smugglers and cartel agents with drones.

Let Mexican politicians complain, we can just call them 'a threat' and assassinate them like middle-eastern politicians and leaders. We do that now. Terrorist scum.

*It will take people's minds off of the depression. With bounties, such a plan could create employment for veterans.

Or we could just stand down and let them do as they are.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

I know. We would have to hire Mexicans to build the wall and the land-mines would have "MADE IN MEXICO" printed on them.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

remember what happened the last time border agents returned fire and shot a drug runner..?
Bushes lap dog AG US Attorney Johnny Sutton disallowed all the relevent evidence and threw the border guards in jail..
Ramos and Campion.

they were caught building the small section of border wall with illegal immigrany labour too...
The border wall in San Diego was built by the Golden State Fence Co., and they paid almost $5 million in fines for using illegal immigrants to build it.

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Two executives at a company that once helped build a fence to keep illegal immigrants from crossing the Mexican border were sentenced Wednesday

www.abcmoney.co.uk...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Exactly our border agents are hampered by their limitations. Even if we tried to secure the border and staff it well, they still can't shoot. So our border will turn into a nerf gun vs gattin gun fight and we have the nerf guns.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's not just the Mexican border that's to dangerous. There are parts of cities in America where the cops won't patrol because its to dangerous.
What chance is there to protect the border when we can't even protect the citizens in some neighborhoods.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
nothing brings out the stupid like the border issue..
it's 2010 grampa- we have drones for this mission.
2 just went up in az. more to come as
DARPA comes up with smaller ,cheaper ,invisible, models.
a scout troop could patrol the flippin border.
merit badges for every bad guy taken out.
heres a couple more ideas - legalize marijuana and hemp.
set the mexicans to growing it so they can stay home.
for all illegals- full citizenship-
followed by the reinstatement of the draft.
so to escape the draft- run to mexico..
and take the hippies with you, and grow more weed.
because this depression needs all the help we can get.
more great ideas- nation build and defend freedom in the usa.
get out of these fruitless/futile wars..fix america.
-but fixing it is not part of the nwo plan-
for the powers that be want the whole of the americas
to be one big cluster# for them to exploit.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It's not just the Mexican border that's to dangerous. There are parts of cities in America where the cops won't patrol because its to dangerous.
What chance is there to protect the border when we can't even protect the citizens in some neighborhoods.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

Well I see your point, but internal affairs are one thing, and international affairs are another. Having an internal POLICING problem is not the same as having your BORDER PATROL being driven from their own border by a foreign entity. That crosses the line, heh.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I live in phoenix- where just the other day 2 young boys were beaten to death by a nut job with a baseball bat at a city park.
I live across from a park, and now i am on patrol..i dont need the police.
the shotguns racked and i got nothing better to do all day than to
keep an eye on My park, on My street. I will not cower in fear from
some gangboy or roving psychopaths..
back where i'm from , there was opening day of deer season, and
often the undesirable element in the vicinity got mistaken for a deer.
saves everybody alot of grief.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I hate to laugh at such a serious matter, but damn, that was funny.

Hmm, deer season. Oops, sorry sir, you didn't have a hunting jacket on.

But seriously, this is a pretty serious matter. I wonder if I had posted that Mexicans had taken over and reclaimed all of the border states, if anyone would have cared? Probably not. They all would have just moved north or east and kept right on with couch potato syndrome. :shk:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i wasnt joking. opening day of deer season alot of scores get settled -
"hunting accidents" (we dont need no stinkin badges..)
theres a well known story about this criminal bully that raised hell around his county-
the townspeople all surrounded his car and he was shot dead
and nobody could say where the shot came from.
down on the border should be the number one hunting destinations in the country.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And those border check points aren't working since illegals are getting hired to work for them!

transcripts.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Tea party activists rally on Arizona-Mexico border
Aug 15 02:31 PM US/Eastern
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was in Yuma, AZ, yesterday.

I can assure that as I was driving back I saw plenty of Border Patrol posted.

Then again Yuma is southwest AZ, I don't know about south central or south east.

Where I was though the BP definitely had not "retreated" and were withing a hundred meters of the border posted on hills with infrared or just using eyesight observation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join