It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The Montauk Project, also called the Phoenix Project during some of its phases, was basically a mind-control-using-pulsed-radar program that, according to Preston B. Nichols, took place during the 1970's and early '80s at an abandoned Air Force radar base at the southeast tip of Long Island.

Built during WW1, Camp Hero was used by the Army until the 1950s or '60s, after which it became an Air Force S.A.G.E. radar facility, in the days before "over-the-horizon" radars came into being. By the late 1960s or early '70s, the base at Montauk had been closed down officially, and in 1984 the property was donated to the state of New York as park land.

But the story goes that there were certain "experiments" being conducted in secret, from the 1970s until 1983, by a renegade group of scientists associated with Brookhaven National Labs in Camp Upton, Long Island. They needed a secluded spot with some unused radar equipment on it, where they could develop "unusual" technologies "off the books" as far as the government was concerned. The Camp Hero radar base at Montauk Point was the perfect techno-hideaway, complete with underground and secret tunnels connecting to other sites on Long Island.

Allegedly, the technology used was in some respects a continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment of 1943: they subjected human subjects to a complex interacting mixture of pulsing radar energy and rotating magnetic fields; this supposedly allowed them to alter moods, amplify and transmit "thought- forms", materialize thoughts into physical things, alter the weather, and even travel through time!

Link

In 1943, the United States Navy and several other government financed groups began conducting many series of experiments that were designed to be used as "secret weapons" during the Second World War. One of these experiments has been attributed to the Department of Naval Research and was primarily focused on the ability of achieving radar invisiblity. The way in which these experiments proceeded were that, by directly involving electromagnetics, and utilizing the so-called "Unified Field Theory", scientists were able to manipulate electromagnetic waves in order to achieve this desired goal.

The hopeful outcome was that by effectively manipulating electromagnetic waveleangths, U.S. ships, and aircraft might become "invisible" to enemy radar; these experiments were actually the preperatory groundwork for today's stealth technology. They had been running a series of small scale tests which seemed to prove the theory workable, and the experiments finally reached a peak aboard a ship of the Destroyer Class, the USS Elderidge. Huge electromagnetic generators were installed in one of the forward turrets, and once enabled, they created an electromagnetic bottle around the ship. What happened next is the material of which legends are born.

When the Elderidge was launched into the Philadelphia Naval Yard, and the generators were turned on, the electromagnetic bottle in effect "sealed" around the ship and it did in fact become radar invisible. There was one suprising side effect however, the ship also became physically invisible before vanishing from the time-space continuum. When the ship returned, the state of the crew was even more shocking. Most of the men were drivin into insanity, presumably from the electromagnetic effect of the displacement field. There were others though, who were in even worse condition and those were the men who had been moving about while the ship was in "Hyperspace" and had now been fused with the solid structures of the ship. These experiments were officially designated as the Rainbow Project, informally, it became known as the Philadelphia Experiment.

This side effect was sufficient to have the Rainbow Projects terminated, and the Manhattan Project, the construction of the Atomic Bomb was born.

The stealth technology of the Rainbow Projects sat on the shelf for a good many years before being picked up again in either the late 40's, or early 50's. This was done by those who had enacted the original experiments, but now there were going to be two areas of research. One was going to be the technical aspect of manipulating the electromagnetic bottle, the other was going to be the human element, in which studies were conducted to examine why the bottle effect was sufficient to induce insanity.

Link

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
now wasnt all this performed at camp hero in long island new york?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
now wasnt all this performed at camp hero in long island new york?

most of it was Machinegunjordan, there is a lot of pictures of Camp Hero about on the internet and also a lot more information about projects that went on there.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well then you should check out william one sac's website subversive element.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hi infinite

I did read your quotes, but not your link...
When the Elderidge was launched into the Philadelphia Naval Yard, and the generators were turned on, the electromagnetic bottle in effect "sealed" around the ship and it did in fact become radar invisible. There was one suprising side effect however, the ship also became physically invisible before vanishing from the time-space continuum. When the ship returned, the state of the crew was even more shocking. Most of the men were drivin into insanity, presumably from the electromagnetic effect of the displacement field. There were others though, who were in even worse condition and those were the men who had been moving about while the ship was in "Hyperspace" and had now been fused with the solid structures of the ship. These experiments were officially designated as the Rainbow Project, informally, it became known as the Philadelphia Experiment.

Why am i thinking of GIANT microwave oven. After all, you can cook/reheat food in next to
no time now. Think of a conventional gas or elec' or even wood burning stove/oven.(cooking time)
Now, think about your 'microwave'...............ding

That's proof that in our concept time can be altered.
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
well then you should check out william one sac's website subversive element.

I am reading on William one sac's site now, for more information regarding the Montauk Project see Here (information on Williams site

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yea i noticed that i didnt pay much attention earlier my mistake.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
from william one sacs website....

"There is solid evidence, some in photographic form, of a tremendous, many-leveled and multipurpose subterranean city easily one hundred square miles beneath the finally completed Denver International Airport, which houses a vast array of different underground facilities including those necessary for a national government to operate, as well as underground freeways and a subterranean rail line connecting this to other subterranean complexes operated by the covert government. "

Thats a hell of alot of underground city...thats the only one thing i would doubt firstly... ots of resources would have to be used..... LOTS! one hundred square miles!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey check this out. Recent news about this whole conspiracy.

The Philadelphia Experiment: New Evidence Surfaces
www.paranormalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Not real sure about this story mOjOm. Just doesn't seem to ring true to me.

I'm interested in Montauk and the stories about what may or may not have happened there, but this bit with the sailor talking about 2005 seems a little too weird even for me to swallow.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
TheDemonHunter, yeah I hear ya. I feel the same way. I just thought I'd post it since it's been the only recent news that I've come across that had anything to do with the Phili Exp. & Montauk story line.

As far as taking one part or story serious or not. I have just about given up trying to judge between them. The way I see it, Phase Locked Sailors warning of future chaos is just as logical when comparing it to someone Using the Mind to Create Monsters from other Worlds, or Time Traveling Battleships.

In fact, I honestly have no clue how I would even begin to compare those three ideas or on what scale. I guess at this point, if I accept one as factual, the cats way out of the bag and he's a Tiger. What's one or two more of them gonna matter at that point.

top topics

join