It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Vacations in 1 Month for Comrade Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You obviously have short term memory problems. Bush was on vacation during most of his 1st year in office...

A lot of people here criticized Bush for taking too many vacations, too. Heck, I remember the pre-widespread-interent chatter about Reagan's long naps and Nixon's long weekends at Yourba Linda.

Why can't a person criticize both Bush and Obama? Why, in your mind, does any criticism of Obama translate automatically into support for Bush? This board is packed with people who are fed up with both parties. I'm one of them. (Please see my signature line).

I will always call out anyone, on the left or on the right, who tries to squeeze all political debate into a flat, one-dimensional spectrum marked "R" and "L." Claiming that "If you criticize idology X that means you automatically support ideology Y" is simply not true. Especially (thankfully) on this board.

[edit on 8/12/10 by silent thunder]

People can be upset with both Obama and Bush over vacationing. I think it countered against bush because ManBehindTheMask, specifically said:

Sure other presidents went on vacation, but not like this guy and his family have

He was implying that Obama has somehow taken more vacations in his first two years than any other president. I am quite sure he is mistaken.

So by all means be annoyed with Obama about his vacation schedule but dont act as though he is the first president to take extended vacations.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Thank you, at least someone got the point of my post. I don't live in the US so I don't really care either way. But he and his family are entitled to vacations are they not? The reason they cost soo much money is because of the threats present against their security. That is the price that must be paid, the sitting POTUS and his family need that security as part of the job. Should they be denied rights that other workers get? He is a worker afterall isn't he?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
PLeAse. whenever someone saYs something like, "the obama clan", i dont know whY, but sOmething aboUt it in this context seems to be playing off of the Reader's deeper emotions. the word 'ClAn' is often used of families, but it is just as often used negatively about a ceRtain group of inDividuals

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
*snicker*
For some perspective. Obama's first year in office: 27 days on vacation.
Bush Sr's first year: 40 days
Reagans first year: 42
Bush Jr. 77.
Clinton 21 and carter 19.

So... Which side has the lazy do nothing elitists again?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Yes he is a worker - An Undocumented worker! He is a WOP (with- out-papers)!

Al least GWB was usually at his ranch where folks knew he was still working and available. He did not go off on worldwide jaunts as far as i know, at least not many.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Many presidents in the past have used camp David quite extensively or have traveled back routinely to their private retreats. The Obamas don't seem to use Camp David nor do they head to their urban Chicago digs.

A lot of resources need to be expended to accommodate thr traveling whims of the Obamas. Every new spot presents a different set of security risks and requires a different level of staffing.

When obama is not vacationing, he is stumping or hitting the fundraiser circuit. Never missing a round of golf wherever he goes. His clubs never miss a trip

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
He is taking our money and taking advantage of his position. I am not surprised at all, I knew this man would be like this. Him and his ugly horse face wife need to do something for this country instead of continuing to take advantage. Of course, thinking about it I realize they are doing this on purpose.... they hate whites, they hate America and their plan is to run this country into the ground while they drink beer, vacation and watch it go to hell.

Everything is working according to their master plan..... come Novemeber it hopefully won't be so easy for them.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Yes, a vacation is fine, but as many as he and his wife take, come on... this is a little out of hand. He is the leader of the free world, how the hell does he even have time to take all these vacations and play golf so much. Our economy is going down the toilet and all he wants to do is show off and spend our money.

Typical though, that is all liberals do is spend OTHER PEOPLES MONEY.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Do these people ever work???

Apparently so.

Say what you will about the policies, but here's a list of campaign promises that have come to pass since his election:

He obviously works...to whose favor and benefit is the real question.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't know how many of you know much about the history of Russia, but this is very similar to what Czar Nicolus did just before the Communist party overthrew the monarchy. He went on lavish trips while the people suffered in extreme poverty.

We have a president that is telling us to tighten our belts, while he has spent millions on vacation. I don't know how much of this is his own money, but you can bet your tail that we are paying for all of the security, flights on airforce 1, and the motorcade for everyone of these trips. He also wants us to use less fossil fuels, but he does not seem to have the same considerations for himself and his family.

This president is a joke and needs to be thrown out of office or resign. He is as bad or worse than Carter. I hope all of you "yes we can" voters are happy with what you got. Failure to think about what you were voting for may destroy this nation.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Since I am an ATS member may I say this seems suspiciously like
a cover for something else going on.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

So again is it OK for Bush Jr. to take close to 70 days off in his 1st year as President? Travelling to Crawford Ranch almost every weekend. How about when Laura took the Girls on Safari in Africa? Bush did all this while tanking the economy to boot.

Every President takes vacations. Some more than others.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Crawford was dubbed the western white house and it was set up for business and for R and R. Bush met with many world leaders and often worked while he was there. That is also what camp David is set for yet the Obamas don't use it.

The Obama's don't have a regular place to go so every trip is an unknown and an expensive 3 ring circus. If they routinley traveled to the same spot I don't think people would make such a big deal out of it.

Reagan, Bush 1 and 2, Carter and many others regularly returned to their farms, ranches and compounds. The Clintons hopped around like the Obamas because they didn't have a place of their own but they used camp David. Our economy was a little different back then though.

Since the Obamas moved into the WH it has been a non stop party for them. It started with Wed. happy hours and then the private concert series, 27 an counting, broadway in the WH etc. They have been living quite the life in such a bad economy while telling us to buckle down and to stop taking trips to Vegas...

Learn from what Obama does and not what he says.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

mr obama can take the next 2 years off for vacation hell i will pay for it....

any day that man isnt in office means he cant screw us over any more is a good day for america:p

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Are you referring to a "watch this over here" whilst they are doing or have others doing what they want over there? Any ideas you would like to mention? Now you've peaked my curiosity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join