It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gutfeld's Response to Ground Zero Mosque

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
For those who are unfamiliar, Greg Gutfeld is a comedian who hosts the FOX News Channel's, late night show, Red Eye. I heard about this Gutfeld blog post, today on the Opie and Anthony XM radio show.

Per posting guidelines, this is just a short excerpt from his blog post.

So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it's all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque - after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law - who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I've decided to do the same thing...

The Daily Gut

His response? He is organizing investors to build a gay bar, catering to gay Islamic men, next door to the mosque site.

Just for clarification, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen all have capital punishment for homosexuality, due to their adherence to Islamic law.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I say go for it.

Don't see a problem with it, given the reasons he is giving. If he has the money and wants to open it, more power to him.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Where do I send my money to invest with this guy. I'm on board, I'm not kidding. The longer these people stay exposed to our version freedom and life the sooner they disingrate into oblivion. There hasn't been an ethic or social group that has survived the grinder called America yet. I would bet it's going to take some time, but eventually these guys will run through the chipper/shredder of American culture too.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It is nice to see Greg finally embrace himself in such a manner. I am more than happy to see him pursue his dream of owning a gay bar and certainly hope he is afforded the same rights and freedoms as the mosque as I feel it is important for Greg to really take ownership of who he is finally.

Now, are there rules in the area that might preclude a nightclub or alcohol vendor in the area? I would hate to see them get hung up on a different set of rules and then get to whine it is unfair.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is hilarious. And even more funny are some of the comments on the comments page:

Hey. How about serving everything in paper cups with a Koran verse on it? That way, patrons will be forced to throw the holy words of the Prophet in the trash.

Name suggestions for his new gay bar:

Jizya
Sheik Yer Booty's
The Cock Pit (especially good for gay hijackers)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Now, are there rules in the area that might preclude a nightclub or alcohol vendor in the area? I would hate to see them get hung up on a different set of rules and then get to whine it is unfair.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem according to the OP article, he will be catering to Muslims so he won't be serving any alcohol.

It's a great idea, and I hope he goes for it and puts his name in bright lights on it proudly and loudly. Unless of course, it's some deranged FOX News stunt, then of course, he should be very ashamed of his intolerance to both the Gay community and the Islamic community.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Shouldn't be too much of a problem according to the OP article, he will be catering to Muslims so he won't be serving any alcohol.

It's a great idea, and I hope he goes for it and puts his name in bright lights on it proudly and loudly. Unless of course, it's some deranged FOX News stunt, then of course, he should be very ashamed of his intolerance to both the Gay community and the Islamic community.

Thats what he is doing. He is basically doing a big FU to islam and the muslims who want to build the new mosque. He is fighting fire with fire. He is basically saying "ALRIGHT...YOU DO THIS AND I WILL DO THIS"

He even said " I hope you are as accepting to this new gay bar as i am accepting of the new mosque." he is saying "i dont agree with it and they still have there right to do it....but i can do this too".

He is doing the middle finger salute and parroting everything they said. He is essentially comparing them building the mosque at ground zero with homosexuality in islam. He does not want it built there and considers it a insult. So he is going to insult islam.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

But there is the catch. He is catering to gay Muslims. We all know that homosexuality is outlawed much the same as alcohol. So if they are going to be openly gay, why not drink too? It seems to me that the people he is choosing to cater to would be self loathing secretive types that outwardly pronounce their own actions as sins. I hope he uses big letters too.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Oh, is that what it is? Thanks for explaining that. You sure it is not just because he wants to attract closeted homosexuals to one spot where they can step out for a bit?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret is now becoming a front line for Islamic apologists and supporters.

In Eupore meanwhile people are tried and sick of islam, dont believe me? go see eupore for yourself, its a becoming a new middle east.

I want my old eupore.

I dont agree with the Mosque on ground zero, simply i find it offense.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

See we over here have what is called the 1st Amendment, now the right wing nutcases hate the 1st Amendment, but fortunately for us, the 1st Amendment exists. I know you wish that it didn't but it does. I know, it means that despite your 1st Amendment protected hate speeches and marches in white robes or brown shirts, Muslims still get to worship the way they want.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
He would also have to serve pork on the menus to. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of muslim men show up.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
that's a great idea and it would do well, lots of gays like the pj look on men.

well i can't really say that in all honesty.

but i bet they would like the bend over prayers.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I swear, this has the same intellectual value as "draw Muhammad day".

"Antagonize" is the correct word, I believe....real mature!!

I don't agree with that mosque going up there but only for the reason that an organization that propagates peace and has the goal to bring people together are failing to see that their action is causing the opposite effect.

I mean, if your essence is all about peace. Creating unrest is like opposing your own goal, right?

If I were the good Imam, I would shelf these plans for a couple of years or find a suitable alternative location. That would be in line with the message you are trying to spread because it is obvious the way things are now, that mosque will never be a place of peace for anybody...

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The problem is, there isn't a "suitable location", if you haven't heard just about any mosque in the US comes under protest.

(Ill clue you in, it's because the Right doesn't like the 1st Amendment)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Baiting is a specialty among these groups. First blame enemy of israel for 911 attack. Change Constitution to favor techno crackdown led by corporations with inside knowledge.
Include terror ticker at base of all telescreens streaming non-stop messages of lies and hate. Secretly devise mosque plans and blame Muslims for it, of course.

And now this...filth monger comes with another blasphemy bomb to stir the ashes, looking for some more kindling. Yeah, gutfeld, we get it. You guys always control the head, middle, and of course the tail.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
If I were the good Imam, I would shelf these plans for a couple of years or find a suitable alternative location.

A plan to turn a former convent into a mosque and community center on Staten Island has outraged thousands of residents.

Source

In Murfreesboro, Tenn., Republican candidates have denounced plans for a large Muslim center proposed...

Temecula, Calif., members of a local Tea Party group took dogs and picket signs to Friday prayers at a mosque that is seeking to build a new worship center...

In Sheboygan, Wis., a few Christian ministers led a noisy fight against a Muslim group that sought permission to open a mosque in a former health food store...

source

Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
what goes around comes around

islams chickens are coming home to roost, i'd say.

don't use our freedom to impose your ideals.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

whatukno,

To be honest, this is the first "mosque-incident" that I have heard of coming from the U.S.

Granted, I am on the other side of the Atlantic but if I'm seeing reports about this specific mosque on the evening news....it must be a pretty big deal.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yea man it's ALL over the United States. Not just New York.

If a mosque is going to be put up, it's almost guaranteed that someone is going to protest it. Isn't that silly? Using the 1st Amendment to try and suppress the 1st Amendment rights of someone else?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join