It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians overly sensitive, Brits warned

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well Canada is located in North America so I can understand the mix up.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

canadians are sensitive people indeed. they would break down and cry in time of despair. they're weak and have not endured much, or anything for that matter. they have not been through wars, no catastrophe. nothing ever happens in canada. their lives are pretty bland, dull, and useless with no identity.

they wouldn't hurt a fly, not that they could. the world view them as a lil brat seeking attention, fortunately, receiving none. if the whole country suddenly disappear off the face of the earth tomorrow, nobody would even notice. as a result, when there is a chance for attention, they seize it.

Ahh yes, *cries* we are so sensitive and have gone through so little. We've never had hurricanes, or earth quakes or any natural disaster. We NEVER go to war. Of course I must be very confused I could have sworn we were in WWII and over in Afghanistan. And I guess the forest fires in BC and Quebec never happened. And that and the Alberta floods never happened either... How about the fact we are peaceful and don't start wars seems our neighbors are the ones looking for attention seeking oil and bombing countries. Getting enemies.

How do we seek attention since you of do not see that much has happened in Canada, doesn't that create a fallacy. We can't be attention seeking if we aren't doing anything but being dull. I'm quite sure if we were to disappear a lot of people would notice. Seeing as we trade to the states and have clean water that we divert to the states. And what are all the smart beer drinkers going to drink in North America. Surely not American beer. And BC does have the best pot your gonna have a lot of pissed off pot heads.

Also how would you Americans like to be called Canadian I'm sure not many would like it. Its the good ol' American patriotism.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Originally posted by DOADOA

Also how would you Americans like to be called Canadian I'm sure not many would like it. Its the good ol' American patriotism.

pssst...
on top of the Americans who choose to wear Canadian flags while travelling the world, like the American journalists in Iraq, the Israelis also like to steal our passports as they have been busted doing on numerious occasions...everybody wants to be Canadian....
Even our Prime Minister has been known to pretend to be Canadian from time to time...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ok... Maybe not the best point to make. Better phrasing how many American admit they have pretended to be a Canuck. They better not be bringing shame to our pretty name.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Ah, keyboard warrior either looking for attention or totally uneducated.

WW1- Canada- 1914-1918 US 1917-1918

WW2 1939- 1945 1941-1945

Korea the same, Viet Nam the same. Yes we had volunteers in Viet Nam.

Afghanistan, at Bush's request. Yes, you're welcome.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

As with World War 1, Canadians were not only considered expert and professional soldiers, they were feared by the Germans as an omen of impending attack. The Canadian forces were relied upon to provide defence on the high seas and over Britain, and to spearhead assaults for major battles. Once again Canadians had proved themselves on the battlefield and fought ferociously to win every battle they were engaged in.
- ©James McAllister
May 15 1998

www.secondworldwar.co.uk...

When one investigates the odds we fought against to have this aclaim, it is easy to see Canadains have every right to be be proud of being Canadian.
It is also one major reason why the maple leaf is so well regarded around the world.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

We have a damn good military, our equipment sucks since we don't need any at the moment, but our men and women on the front lines are fearless. We don't make fear in numbers but in skill. And we can become a nuclear country we just choose to not. If you don't have nukes people don't invade...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

What I love, is the way Canadians comport them selves on this site.
While I don't judge by nationality, several Candians on this sight are must reads when ever I see their AVs come up.
Makes me appreciate what I believe Canada and ATS, and Patriots everywhere stand for.

And I don't mean to slight anyone when I say that.

And Militarily, I believe it comes down to hearts and minds.
not money or equipement.
I think with all fairness Canadians have proven that.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think Canada deserves its on forum on this site America has theirs why can't canada even get a mini one... I keep seeing Canadians pop up and no offense to the American ATSers From what I've seen is the Canadians are more open minded to others and are a lot more tolerant of others. Though I have been known to stir up religious trouble... I can't help it, they are just too fun to play with. We Canadians should have a forum I think it would be a happy place of love and logical debate on Canadian issues.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

heh heh
Well if ATS was to take you up on that suggestion I might actually spend more time paying attention to Canadian issues then I do...
LOL.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

We don't have as many as the states do... we have the aboriginals and reserve issues, Quebec et les Quebecois, Sens vs Leafs vs habs. (best team is Sens then Habs then leafs) East Coast hates Ontario. West Coast hates Ontario, Quebec hates Ontario and Alberta just wants to be Canada's texas. We have little scandals but not any big ones...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Dont worry ... All the clean water you send us.... Is balanced as your draining our great lakes.

And... your beer tastes like goat pee...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Canada is an amazing country to say the least, very nice people and very...... very nice people!

I went to the nation's capital a few weeks ago only and went to the parliament house, the stupid governor general's house and around that area and then at a park.
On our way up the hill towards the car, very uphill, me and the wife had to put my father's shoulders above ours to help him up the hill since he is ill and elderly.

About 7 cars, one after the other, stopped and asked if we needed help.
I couldn't believe it, even one guy with loads of tattoes.
It was amazing and really brightened up my day.
Great place.

THe only thing that sucks is Canada's head of state is still that silly queen.
And the governor general has a useless post and a huge house.
Or mansion rather.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

our beer tastes like Goat Pee?
don't know, never drank goat pee
whats it taste like?

hey MA thanks for the compliment...
my advice: skip the tourist traps and go do what the people are doing...
thats what we do....if there is a beer tent in the middle of what ever it is, you are prolly in the right place...lol

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have to say that I am surprised that the nation that gave us an empire that the sun never set on and international soccer hooliganism, not to mention the Sex Pistols is now concerned about offending the delicate sensibilities of the nation that re-armed the British Army after Dunkerque and gave the world Bob Probert and Dave (the Hammer) Schultz of ice hockey fame.

My question (which I asked in another thread): "Are they losing their marbles in Blighty?"

OK, so the Brits want to be polite. Fine. We'll take it, . . . warily.

Just for the record, I get Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans, Brits and Jamaicans mixed up all the time.

Bottom line, Britain, if you get us mixed up with Americans, don't worry about it. We can (with therapy) handle it.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I live in Ontario and they don't know fish. You can't beat Atlantic salmon baked(or BBQ'd) with some pepper, lemon and a little butter. My mashed potatoes can't be beat. Veg? Broccoli/cauliflower mix. You're on. I LOVE to cook. If you like a battered fish, we'll go with Haddock. Cheap in Ontario. They prefer a # eater like halibut.

Ok, now let's try to explain "Fish 'n Brews"...one of my personal favourites. Last time I ate it, I was a little flummoxed about the side of molasses, until they told me I could dip in it, or pour it over everything. These baymen, eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I'd just mention that I'm not.

I wouldn't punch someone for it.

I might consider punching someone if I went over there and any of the brits pulled their anti-red-head BS on me.

[edit on 2010/8/11 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Canadian beer is way better than American beer. And your great lakes... I believe they are ours. Ahem lake Ontario? and The majority of Lake superior. we also have the prettier half of the Niagara falls. As a non beer drinker, prefer coolers or straight vodka shooters, I'd rather drink my Canadian beer than American piss water.

And canada has beaver tails only the best food since poutine...You should try it eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Go Ottawa!! I grew up there.. I'm glad you had a good experience here yeah the Governor General doesn't do much and neither does the queen but we keep the Queen since we still love our momma Britain and she's the only famous woman on our money we sure as hell are not putting Celine Dion on there... Nooo way, and our only female Prime Minister didn't last long and didn't do anything.

Also I love how Ottawa is the nations capital and its still a small town at heart. I swear Everyone knows everyone here. My step sister met one of the Senators, my friends dad is the bar tender at the bar they go to and is actually friends with some of them. Go sens go We can win this year boys!! My father was an architect in Ottawa and I swear no matter where I go in Ottawa with him he runs into some one he knew or knows.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Canadian beer is way better than American beer. And your great lakes... I believe they are ours. Ahem lake Ontario? and The majority of Lake superior. we also have the prettier half of the Niagara falls.

In all fairness, you will note that mobius is from Durand, Michigan and if I recall my geography it is the only one of the Great Lakes completely within the US.

But we, on the other hand, have not yet had rivers that flow into the lakes catch fire. And there was that pesky Love Canal thing.

Also I love how Ottawa is the nations capital and its still a small town at heart. I swear Everyone knows everyone here.

I have been known to quip that Ottawa makes Toronto seem like Montreal.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join