It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gunman' Shot 21 Times By NY Cops And Lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

news.sky.com

A 23-year-old man has dodged death after being shot 21 times by police during a shoot-out at a New York street party.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is disgusting, this man was innocent he was shot by the police for having allegedly shot another man. Later ballistics found the other man had been shot by the police.

Is America so out of control that the police shoot first and think/cover up afterwards?

Thankfully he is still alive - expect a big compensation payout buddy!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Nice, Sounds like something my cops whould do at home. Shot first and if that was not the bad guy then "my bad, you'll be fine, i just shot you a few times" or "i ment to pull my tazer but instend i pulled my .45 and unloaded a clip or two."

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
"my bad, you'll be fine, i just shot you a few times" or "i ment to pull my tazer but instend i pulled my .45 and unloaded a clip or two."

serious LOL.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Someone needs to get some more range time

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

before i can give my opinion...i need clarification with proof to back it up

from the article:

Police had initially claimed Alvarez killed Mr Soto dead before shooting at officers.

"Before shooting at officers"

If this man shot at officers, then he deserved what he got.

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell us, clearly, in this story. Jury is still out, IMO. no reason to ditch your common sense in favor of a juicy story that fits an agenda, now is there?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Hmmm. Either the cops were shooting him w/ bean-bag rounds? Or the man was a zombie from Resident Evil, the video-game (the ones that can run).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Understand this: the cops excuse for shooting this man was that he had ' killed' the other guy...right? So it is proved that the COPS killed the guy, NOT the man they shot 21 times!! So the cops had NO reason to shoot the man, because he did NOt shoot at them...it NEVER says that any cop witnessed HIM shooting at them...they just mistook this guy and shot him, and later found out it was all the cops fault for shoting the guy dead in the first place!!

Do you think that Ny cops are going to admit any wrongdoing whatsoever? Not in a million years...not unless there is videotape that they have not stolen or erased.

Shoot a man 21 times and not kill him....the worst marksmanship ever and no real reason to kill anyone...the COPS did ALL the killing and ALL the wounding here, remember that when the cop groupies swarm in and start defending them.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great, the police shoot someone, and the citizens will have to pay for the cops actions.

I think every DIME of the officers involved should be taken to pay for the lawsuit. Also, if there is anything left over, they should have that tacked onto their indentured servitude. That is legal here in the US, if one is found guilty of a crime.

No, that will not happen. We all know what will happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Lots not known about this..

The guy they say he killed was actually killed by a police bullet. But that doesn't mean that "somebody" didn't shoot at the cops.

The article says..

Two policemen and three bystanders were also wounded, though none seriously, in an ensuing gun battle along Lenox Avenue and 143rd Street, at 3am on Sunday.

It also goes on to say the cops fired 46 shots at Alverez.

We don't know who else was shooting. The cops bullet killed the other guy but maybe the suspect also shot him.

It makes it sounds like the gun battle moved along a couple of streets.

There isn't enough to this story to know who started shooting first and who deserved to be shot at.

But with 2 policeman and 3 bystanders also wounded, in addition to the guy shot 21 and the guy killed... It sounds like either the guy shot 21 times, the dead guy or quite possibly the cops need to learn to check their line of fire lots better before pulling that trigger.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Understand this: the cops excuse for shooting this man was that he had ' killed' the other guy...right? So it is proved that the COPS killed the guy, NOT the man they shot 21 times!

But you don't knwo that for sure. You're allowing yourself to be drawn into an agenda you desperately want to be true.

The article suggests that this man fired on police, first. And they fired back.

It doesn't clarify either way....so don't be so quick to make a fool of yourself by judging incorrectly too early.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
this is crazy. 22 times WOW

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why on earth was he shot so many times??

I hate how the british police/govenment are so lenient with punishing law breakers but I'm also greatful they are not trigger happy.

top topics

join