It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

story about gates to hell in nj

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
while looking for info on the willow hotel from the other thread, i came across this article. its about some mysterious set of tunnels in nj that are rumoured to be a place of satanic activity and other oddities. Anyone been there or live near there to check it out?

www.weirdnj.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Things like this have always interested me. Did you ever hear the "Sounds from hell" tape?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First off Wierd New Jersey is the best mag ever published if anyone lives in the garden state i suggest you pick it up. Secondly i've been to the "gates of hell" though its a creepy place its realy no more than a scary place to go on a slow weekend. Its pretty much just an old abandond tunnel which HS kids visit to mess around and drink. Devil's Den is also a cave in New Jersey that supposidly houses a door that is impossible to open, but once it is opend all of hell will spill over into our world. I too have visited Devils Den, its a pretty cool cave that makes for some good spelunking
(spelling). It does have some cool statues that visitors have made out of the clay on the caves surface they are pretty creepy and look like demons and the such. The satanic aura of the room is kind of killed though when you notice the empty 30's the Coors light all over the place. Like the tunnels its just another cool and creepy place that HS kids like to mess aorund at.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My work location (Parsippany) is about 20 minutes from Clifton, but I have never been to the tunnels.

Incidentally, northern NJ is littered with abandoned train tunnels.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Reminds me of a story I heard once when I was up in Milwaukee at a music fest:

Apparently some satanic cults have a thing for abandoned train tunnels. A guy I met claimed to be a satanist (read as magik-using secular humanist) and he was going on about this envoking that was done at an abandoned tunnel on the city's east side.

I did a bit of digging and found the area: an abandoned train line that follows the Milwaukee River north from downtown through the east side and North Shore. there were several abandoned tunnels, but only one that the city never got around to bricking over. I went and found that the whole thing was covered with chalkings of runes, no small feat seeing as the tunnel is easliy 20 feet high, and it would be quite hard to drag a ladder down the ravine that one needs to cross to get to the tunnel.

I came back with a couple books of runes to try to decipher what had been chalked, and found that most of it didn't make a shread of sense, just randomly placed runes.

My theory is that some kids went through a lot of trouble to make the place look like a satanic site, without really knowing anything about it. Maybe it's the same in Jersey.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Things like this have always interested me. Did you ever hear the "Sounds from hell" tape?

this tape was debunked time and time again, just an FYI.

The tape is fake.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I really doubt there is such thing as "the gates of hell"...at least on Earth. Im sure there are gates to hell when you die...if you go there.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the article 'spangbr' and i like reading scary stories like that

Someone i know on the net used to life in New Jersey so i asked him about it.

He said the KKK have done a lot of activity over there and the Gates of Hell and the KKK get mixed up.

Also the many of the tunnels are under a huge building called the prudential and the manger of the place wouldnt give insurance to blacks because they where going to be extinct. The guy is gonna see if he can find the qoute for me.

Also from what he has heard many slaves have been there.

And on a final note some of the tunnels lead all the way to Canada?

I thought i would share what i have been told

Rynaldo

[edit on 22-6-2004 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow, the ultimate in Urban Legends has made one hell of a name for itself.
Being from New Jersey I can tell you first hand that almost all of what you read in Weird NJ is a farce or an Urban Legend. My parents owned property in Bloomingdale on Glenwild Ave , where the so called Ancient Stone Living Room is built on top of the mountain. Just let say I built the place and it is not ancient it was built when I was a teenager for our partying spot.

just wanted to set the record straight.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Interesting sounds like some urban legend though. I'd like to see it myself. Check it out on public records sometime.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To The Astral City:

You mentioned abandoned train tunnels in Milwaukee. I live in Milwaukee!!! Could you post more info on where the entrance to the tunnel is? Id like to go check it out, photograph it if there is anything interesting there!!!!

[edit on 6-7-2004 by spangbr]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
this reminds me of a urban legend about the stairway to hell in the cemetary of maltby washington. i grew up with sotries of these supposed stairs in a cemetary nearby to where my hometown is...the story goes that at dark when you go to the stairs and you get to the bottom stair(which i think is thirteen) your flashlight goes out and the next step your in hell..I never did find out if it was true or not, I was way too darn scared to get down the first step. never went back...Now my curriousity is quirked again with the post on the gates to hell....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Almost every place in the world has its own local legends. Many of them have peculiar origins. I remember one from when I went to camp in upstate new york. It went on about some old man with an axe who killed kids that went hiking in the upstate woods. Then there was another one about how someone found a whole bunch of kids shoes in the woods and kids went missing etc.

To me it all sounded like a lovely way to keep the kids from wandering around in the forest on their own. Don't want them getting lost now, right?

As someone who's been a regular rider on the NYC subway system for over a decade now I can honestly say that there are some abandoned stations and tunnels that are absolutely the creepiest things you can imagine. Seeing something that should be packed in a totally empty state for 50+ years is freaky. Whether or not any of them lead to hell is another story, but I can definitely vouch for subway tunnels being scary.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It sounds like the New Jersey State Police need to have someone seal off those abaondoned tunnels. Not only would they be dangerous for teenagers (what if someone breaks a leg down there, or gets lost while they're drunk?), but real-life criminals could take victims down there to rob, rape, or kill them.
Not to mention the Satanic cults, drug dealing, and the other things that can go along with those as well (cruelty to animals? spreading diseases with dirty needles? etc. etc.)

Any ghosts or demons down there would be drawn to the real-life dangers down there, and I guess would be icing on the cake...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
It sounds like the New Jersey State Police need to have someone seal off those abaondoned tunnels. Not only would they be dangerous for teenagers (what if someone breaks a leg down there, or gets lost while they're drunk?), but real-life criminals could take victims down there to rob, rape, or kill them.
Not to mention the Satanic cults, drug dealing, and the other things that can go along with those as well (cruelty to animals? spreading diseases with dirty needles? etc. etc.)

Any ghosts or demons down there would be drawn to the real-life dangers down there, and I guess would be icing on the cake...

I had to get in this, that was a rediculously stupid response.

Break a leg? Get lost? Too bad. Taxpayers shouldn't have to parent your kids.

We've got Newark and Plainfield that were basically destroyed in the riots in the 60's (try and justify wanting to live in either of those places...) and nothing has ever gotten done. look at asbury park... they didn't even finish building half the town! you can't get car insurance in this state wthout paying an arm and a leg. you can be charged as a felon for bringing a BB gun into this state, but a NBA star can kill someone with a shotgun and not worry.

Cruelty to animals... are you kidding me?

Just about the only thing left about NJ to love is the fact there are so many places like this to enjoy and get away from the rest of the BS we've got to deal with here.

Rediculous ideas like yours are what's ruining this state. Nothing has been fixed in the past 20 years, the streets have just gotten more congested and traffic fines increased.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock
Taxpayers shouldn't have to parent your kids.

Well, I agree with that 100%! But I don't understand what made my idea ridiculous. What makes it any different from sealing an abandoned well? You just close it up, and move on. And is New Jersey really that bad?
All I know about New Jersey is that it has a very liberal government, and that 25% of the state's land is urbanized (compared to an average of 3%-5% in the other 49 states)...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My old home town in Indiana had a "Hell Hole" too.. but like the others it was just a place for teens to drink. It was pretty creepy though.. when your 13.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wonder why in the first picture on that page, the devil has four eyes, and is smoking?

Does that mean anything? Or just an artists rendering?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The gates of hell is a very creepy place but it may hold some truth about satanic worship. I've only been there twice so far but am returning sometime soon. Its definately a weird place. But in response to "JustmyType", just curious how did you move all those rocks and boulders considering some are well over 500 lbs?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Having driven through New Jersey, I can tell you that there are no gates TO Hell in Jersey, as Jersey IS Hell!!!

WTF is with having concrete barriers in the center of your highway, with no frickin' U-Turn ability? All this combined with 8" diameter signs, denoting an exit, but only 10' before you're supposed to turn. This of course means you must then drive a further 10 miles before taking another exit that "might" allow you to U-turn and get back to where you're supposed to go. I don't think I've ever sworn so much in my life as I did driving in Jersey... At one point, I even said, "Jesus Christ, we're going to end up in like Hoboken or something..." and not a minute later did we see a sign for "Hoboken, NJ" !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join