It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck compares Obama's America to "Planet of the Apes"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Did Beck also refer to that cartoon?

Are you saying that Beck is unaware that a monkey theme wouldn't be explosive?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Are you saying that Beck is unaware that a monkey theme wouldn't be explosive

Look at how people jumped all over me for even posting the video. Of course it's explosive.....he has to know that he made a huge mistake.

And btw...I'm not the one WHO STATED IT. He did.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Are you saying people are so stupid and thin-skinned to be offended by something that isnt even there?

link   
reply to post by David9176

I would seriously not take anything Glenn Beck says seriously. I think we do him more a service in getting uptight over what he says. At the end of the day he is an actor working on the script, he works for a living doing this. As for his comparisons of the Obama administration to the planet of apes, Im not really offended and he has said similar worse things before.

You know what I am offended by? The fact that people fail to see through his acting. Seriously his acting makes me cringe for him.

link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by centurion1211

Tell me that people aren't going to view it the way I am pointing out.

Well, YOU did view it that way ...

I actually heard about this on the news and am sharing it here because it's not anywhere on ATS.

Because .... no one else found it newsworthy enough to post on ATS?

Maybe you just found out what a tiny minority you belong to, because there is no love loss for Beck on ATS and so I'm sure there would be lots of posts - IF anyone else thought the same way as you.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Are you saying people are so stupid and thin-skinned to be offended by something that isnt even there?

You say it isn't there. And yes, people are that thin skinned and people like Beck know it. They just continue to pander to the lowest common denominator.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I watched the video. Beck just seemed upset enough at obama's disingenuous speech that this just popped out of his mouth. It did not appear to be a pre-conceived statement.

Why did he say it? Maybe he just watched the movie before doing the show and it was still on his mind. Who can say - except Beck?

There are a number of possible reasons. So, are we denying ignorance to automatically choose a racial reason?

I think not.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I watched the video. Beck just seemed upset enough at obama's disingenuous speech that this just popped out oh his mouth. It did not appear to be a pre-conceived statement.

Is that why a piece from the movie with the NRA big guy in it was pasted in? This was preconceived no doubt about it.

Edit: Secondly, TPOTA was a planet run by apes to subjugate the humans. Fairly obvious to an outsider.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The comparison can easily be made...you can't say otherwise. He could have made a million other comparisons yet...somehow in his anger (or fake anger) made the one movie comparison that he should have never chosen....it didn't even have to be a movie.

I've heard the term, and not to offend anyone here, "Porch Monkey" my entire life growing up in Indiana as there were many racists around the area where I lived.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OK, hold up. I just watched this for the 3rd time and it seems like the movie piece wasn't put in by Fox. The bottom leader disappeared. That said, Beck knew what reaction he was going to get AND the other side embellished it. Gotta love the moronity(new word) of American politics.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You are right, that part was added in. I should have pointed that out. Whomever made the youtube video did do that...I thought it was obvious though. I'll change my OP and point it out.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I watched the video. Beck just seemed upset enough at obama's disingenuous speech that this just popped out oh his mouth. It did not appear to be a pre-conceived statement.

Is that why a piece from the movie with the NRA big guy in it was pasted in? This was preconceived no doubt about it.

Edit: Secondly, TPOTA was a planet run by apes to subjugate the humans. Fairly obvious to an outsider.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by intrepid]

No, actually "TPOTA" was the future earth after humans had destroyed their own civilization which allowed the apes to take over. Hence the ruined Statue of Liberty ...

plot

After an unspecified time spent following the shoreline, Taylor and Nova finally do discover the truth that Dr. Zaius warned them about; Taylor stops the horse and dismounts, staring up in disbelief at an object not quite clear to the viewer yet. He begins approaching the object before descending into a fit of rage and screaming: "We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell!" The picture zooms out to reveal the charred remnants of the Statue of Liberty, half-submerged in the shoreline, revealing that the planet he was on was actually Earth the whole time, and that the paradise that became The Forbidden Zone was once New York City

I see another possible parallel here if Beck was thinking that Americans could be doing something similar to our country - as in the movie - by letting the libs run it into the ground.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Before I even look at this thread I must interject:

Traumatic hypnosis is a weapon of PEACE!

We've had the apes here, precisely where you stand. They're hideous creatures. Either their skulls were too thick, or they really knew NOTHING at ALL.

There are times I can tell your sanity is leaving.

We HOPE that DOES not happen

We HOPE that you can...

...tell us of the APES!!!

But I don't know..

You're lying.

As usual, glen beck misses the meaning of the cultural icon. The underground people are the nwo. Mind penetrants, punishments. Technology beyond comprehension.

The monstrous, slobbering, materialistic APES are those whose ignorance leads them into war, in search of 'new improved feeding grounds'.

Actually-more complicated than that...sorry. At this point I could probably get through life with only sentences and words spoken from movies. Hollywood is very up on things.

Very up on things.

I look forward to a perusal of mister becks pronouncements. I'll bet he interprets it to mean that corporations have too little power, hence the economic situation.

Sorry...I hold the Ape series in high regard.

Nova? What's that? Some kind of star or constellation...

(in comes Nova)

"We never do anything, Mister Brent. You're going to hurt her..."

There is no way on earth this series can be tied to beck's interpretation.

I cannot wait to hear his take on this.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The comparison can easily be made...you can't say otherwise. He could have made a million other comparisons yet...somehow in his anger (or fake anger) made the one movie comparison that he should have never chosen....it didn't even have to be a movie.

I've heard the term, and not to offend anyone here, "Porch Monkey" my entire life growing up in Indiana as there were many racists around the area where I lived.

No, you need to admit that the "connection" is only conjecture on your part based on your own personal beliefs and dare I say prejudices based on what you just posted above.

You have no proof that is what Beck meant. You have only one politically altered and skewed video to back up your charge.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

May I ask why you're defending this guy? Would you do the same if this was the disgusting bald freak with glasses? You know Carville?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

May I ask why you're defending this guy? Would you do the same if this was the disgusting bald freak with glasses? You know Carville?

I'm simply tired of the race card being played ad nauseum. I hardly ever have watched Beck.

Carville? Now if ETs truly walk among us as another current ATS thread suggests, I'd have to have Carville checked out
based on looks alone.

But you know I still listen to Carville because he seems to be connected to the core (not the fringe) of the democrat party, and as such, likely to tell the real story (when you filter out the hyperbole). I still remember him putting a trash can over his head while covering elections that the democrats did not fare well in. Carville is also married to a staunch conservative - so how bad can he really be?

Now you have me thinking on this. Could Carville be the democrat's Beck? What if they both are actually ETs?

[edit on 8/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf Eyes

Hudson - It's not obvious to me, can you explain how you took GB's comment?

He's saying that Obama's move was so strange, that it was like being in an alternate reality. He's always saying things like that. Sometimes he uses the Twilight Zone as his metaphor.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I recall reading years ago that the original Planet Of The Apes novel was intended by the author (Pierre Boulle? as memory serves) as an anti-racist allegory, to begin with...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was pretty young when these films came out and would have enjoyed them and watched them a lot.

Hearing anyone referring to them now in regard to how a country is being run would conjour up images of a police/military state.

If you watch some of the riot scenes, i think from the second film, they are remarkably similar to riot scenes you watch at any G20 protests today.

Don't think this was meant as racist.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 9-8-2010 by JohnySeagull]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join