It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires Artillery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by TheBloodRed

I'm in Thailand and have access to many different Asian networks on my TV. It did happen and is being reported extensively on many of the channels - especially South Korean TV.

How do you think I got to know about the bus explosion in Seoul?

I wish it were The Onion though - at least it'd be funny.

-m0r

They were talking about the post that said NK was going to capture the moon .....that was a joke.....LOL Let me know if you hear anything else ok?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
UPDATE............AP Top News at 9:30 a.m. EDT
(AP) – 10 minutes ago

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea fired about 110 rounds of artillery Monday near its disputed sea border with South Korea, the South's military said, amid high tension over the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on North Korea. The firing came shortly after South Korea ended five-day naval drills off the west coast that the North called a rehearsal for an invasion, vowing to retaliate.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Really it is a non event . If North Korea decides to invade its Southern neighbour it will mostly likely happen around the time of a leadership transition after the current nut job of that country dies . Sufficient forces do not exist to defend South Korea. The fall of that country would resemble the fall of Singapore due to the fact that the US would defend South Korea for political expediency (read American prestige) rather then good military sense . Also the myth of the high tech smaller military being a winning formula would be undone .

Remember British and Australian troops defended Singapore for reasons of prestige rather then good military sense . The myth the British had created about the Jungle being impregnable well in the end only they believed it much to there peril in Malaysia.

<< 1   >>

join