It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Back, Alive and Well (now the real work begins)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well.. Alive at least...

We certainly appreciate the emails and other 'messages' in regards to our disappearance, it can be told now that we were on a "special assignment" in Oregon to investigate and if possible debunk outrageous claims being made of 'Unusual UFO Phenomena'. This supposedly has been ongoing for about 8+ years or so and being experienced/witnessed by several people on numerous occasions.

I was fortunate enough to have as my companion my esteem colleague and friend Frank Warren of the website UFO Chronicles, and a long-time UFO researcher that was responsible for the release of the 1942 'Battle of LA' UFO photograph to the world (just one of many of his 'pet projects').

We just recently returned back to California, making it back alive contrary to the many sorted rumors of us being sucked into a dimensional vortex to the other side. As soon as Frank and I get some much needed sleep and rest, we will both be posting our results of our preliminary investigation. There are literally hours and hours of both audio and video (not to mention witness testimony) that needs to be analyzed and scrutinized. Although our presence is no longer in Oregon investigating, the real work starts "NOW" in the processing of said data gathered and seeing what path it takes us down, (hopefully something more than anecdotal).

So please accept my apologies for my ongoing absence while we (Frank and I both) get knee-deep into this analysis. I wont be on much as I don't want any distractions until we feel were ready to release what we have gathered...

So Stay Tuned (and be patient),
Johnny

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/791368c33f1a.jpg[/atsimg]

Just one of the many pics obtained during our preliminary investigation (& "NO" we don't think this is a UFO)

[edit on 8/9/2010 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well it looks like one! Anyway hurry up and rest and get back to us as quick as you can!

Glad to know you did not get beamed up, but I realllly hope you got some good stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to your analysis with eagerness, Johnny.

You may not know it but you are a true Fortean.

p.s. Thats probably the greatest compliment a shmuck like me can give anyone!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was wondering where in the hell you guys were, good to see you back.

Don't forget to go through those hours and hours of footage frame by frame to catch any of those 'fastwalkers' zooming through the shot. That shouldn't take long at all.

I Look forward to your findings.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
As soon as Frank and I get some much needed sleep and rest, we will both be posting our results of our preliminary investigation. There are literally hours and hours of both audio and video (not to mention witness testimony) that needs to be analyzed and scrutinized.

While myself along with many others are still interested in your findings, with the above statement one can easily guess that you didn't get anything that you can call a smoking gun, nor did you get anything that is even remotely conclusive. If you had, your opening post would have been much more sensationalistic with the required 42 exclamation points, lol.

So yeah, your data obviously needs to be gone through, but just like any supposed "ufo hotspot" all the evidence it yields is usually nothing more than questionable eyewitness testimony and typical lights in a dark sky video. It never live up to the claims and imagination that people have of these places thanks to the wonderful internet.

So, looking forward to your information, but already know based on your post that I shouldn't be holding my breath for anything amazing.

Please, oh please have something that will make me eat my words!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Johnny
"to investigate and if possible debunk outrageous claims being made of 'Unusual UFO Phenomena'. This supposedly has been ongoing for about 8+ years or so and being experienced/witnessed by several people on numerous occasions. "

An open minded investigator should ONLY approach a study with a single goal. That goal should be to find out the truth! To approach a study with the aim of debunking is foolish and unscientific.

If you are just going to collect the testimony of SEVERAL witnesses on NUMEROUS occasions over 8+ years then dismiss it as outrageous then why collect it? Should we only take seriously claims to have spotted, "something" in the distance", or a ,"light in the sky" but any sightings of say "it was definitely a flying saucer and I saw the 4 foot tall occupants", as outrageous and set out to debunk?

IgnoreTheFacts (NOTE THE NAME READERS)
"but just like any supposed "ufo hotspot" all the evidence it yields is usually nothing more than questionable eyewitness testimony and typical lights in a dark sky video."

The purpose behind your post appears to be to create the impression that there is no good evidence out there. Yes, there are many false alarms some of which are deliberately designed to discredit UFO and alien research! There are also excellently researched examples and the testimony of EXPERT witnesses including pilots, air traffic controllers, astronauts and even former presidents to study. There are at least 50 ex-military and ex-intelligence service whistle blowers who have admitted (some of them on their death-beds) that contact with extraterrestrials is already happening. Surely they aren't ALL lyeing. Some military personnel have seen the bodies of crashed UFO occupants. Or is that simply outrageous so it must be lies? There are NASA photographs and video footage of what appear to be craft and "critters" in space. There are tape recordings of astronauts discussing alien craft and UFO's with Houston. There is much more too... And please don't respond by asking me to analyse lots of examples in detail as I have a life and will do that for the ATS readers in my own time. The evidence is there. Go look for yourself!

To all readers of this thread. Please be careful not to ignore the masses of evidence out there. It would be very easy to believe that all alien or UFO evidence is bunk if you take too much on board from people who are BELIEVERS that there is nothing out there or HAVE FAITH that it is all bunk. Their approach is dishonest in that only with questionnable sightings should we believe the witness. Anything definite is too "outrageous" to take seriously and is ignored.

Of course a healthy dose of scepticism is also important and many examples of hoaxers etc can also be cited. Many of the hoax claims and footage is deliberate disinformation by interested parties as part of an orchestrated disinformation campaign by members of the intelligence community. There are also compulsive debunkers and poeple who post on here who deliberately attempt to steer the debate onto blind alley topics or endless debating about poor footage etc. They are again part of the campaign (or unwitting assistants) who disinform you guys. My advice is to state the facts then move on or you will be bogged down in endless and unresolvable argument. If video, witness and photographic evidence cannot ever be believed then what can? If you have seen it for yourself then you KNOW. However that does not mean that you will ever be able to convince people who have already decided that that kind of evidence (witness) is of no value. The debate becomes pointless...

Good luck in your search

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Pimander]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
im in oregon,

were in oregon was this?

any sources or info on these supposed previous 8 year old claims? are there other threads on ats about it already?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Johnny, et al,

reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Speaking of "pet projects" . . . (just kidding)_javascript:icon('
')

I might add that we did experience (and record) a very hair-raising experience--that we have yet to explain.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dear Johnny,

The question is not about UFOs, that case is clearly reasonable and accepted by most... the question is who drive them if it is not the 300 top elite of this world or Bush's "thousand points of light" ?

Hope this saves you time and effort and progress is made in that sense
Read you soon

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sounds like fun, I love Oregon. I have family in Grants Pass (try and nail me down now PTB)

Welcome back!! (what was it like on the other side?)

I cant wait to hear the results of your research. When should we expect any results? Will you release small bits and pieces as you go or all at once?
Should I follow this thread for the finding's or will it be a new thread?

K, thats it for the questions.

I cant wait!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Cant wait to read the results

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Welcome back ...but you better hurry up, 2012 is just around the corner (you know the rumours that it is the end end ) ..not to mention everything else that is taking place these days (the oil the fires the corexit the floods the economy) ..I hope yall have time to get it on here before we all go bye bye ..I am praying that you can get to the bottom of UFOS before they come and get millions of people and take them to some other planet or wherever they claim they are gonna take people to be reprogrammed .. (I believe they are man made and will be used for deception every chance they get especially the closer we get to the end of times ..I believe Project Bluebeam is a very real possibility ) .............

I was born in Oregon (raised in Alaska) its beautiful country for sure ..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am looking forward to your analysis as well. I love hearing stories about the UFO phenomenon.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I must say that I am a bit perplexed by the "if possible debunk" segment of your statement, OP.

Should not your only goal be to rationally and skeptically analyze the information you've gathered and, to the best of your ability, determine its veracity, implications, and meaning, or lack thereof? That is what a skeptic is supposed to do, is it not?

Setting out to "debunk" something (if possible) which you presently do not know with certainty is true or untrue as of yet seems at odds with the aims of honest skepticism to me. You do not need to debunk it if your investigation proves that it is without merit. If, on the other hand, your investigation proves that it has merit, then you will have biased your investigation by having as one of its goals to "debunk if possible."

Am I missing something or misinterpreting this statement?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Don't forget to be open minded Mister Johnny
. I have been diving into Kundalini Yoga and noticed the purpose for a turban is to stimulate brain power. Hmph imagine where they got that idea from? A lot of older text's say that knowledge of yoga and enlightenment procedures were passed down from gods. God's in older text's also point to ancient aliens. Don't these idea's shake the foundation of thinking? I have no evidence for this it's all out there just looking at you in the face. All you have to do is open up to it.

I also listened to past life shows throughout the internet. I remember one particular segment that talked about 2! not 1! 2! great migrations "to this planet"! :O Interesting stuff the human mind can make up eh? Or is it true? The souls from the migrations say that they could have just come to this planet as souls but they decided to bring their culture because they were so proud of it. Anyways take care and I look forward to your next show it's nice to know that someone is working to lengths to bring information like this to light
. I hope you enjoy it all!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

reply to post by AceWombat04

Guys, "debunk" has always been used as a term meaning to "get to the bottom of" or to "find the truth of". The definition is "to expose falseness of" which is nearly the same thing.

If there is any false or misleading information I am sure it will be exposed, a.k.a. debunked. This is the same thing as finding the truth. In order to find truth you must first expose/find the lies.

If there is not any false or misleading information to expose, than you have a more credible phenomena. However, if there is falseness or misleading information, than you have a less credible phenomena.

"Debunking" is not a bad thing like is always portrayed in the UFO communitiy. In fact, it is one of the best approaches for finding the truth.

I think the "debunker" definition has been misconstrued by a certain group of "believers" who don't like when their beliefs are exposed as being lies. Being a debunker, or debunking a certain sighting is a good thing, not a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join