It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
heres a conspiracy for ya.

why do people who just want to piss all over the ats carpet continue to visit?

cant be hard to log out and not come back?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Frankly i think all this freemasons control the world crap is complete bs. This guy is wrong to accuse the moderators of being world dominators simply because he was banned for doing something wrong. The moderators were possibly wrong in banning him, but we cant see his original post. But i feel like what he said in his blog post was just chlidish retaliation, he was banned and he wanted revenge, so he accuses mods to be power lusting members of a secret society, know this guy seems like hes spent a long time on ats, and he would surely know the second he posted that, a good portion of people from here, the "conspiracy nuts" would start believing this.

thats just my view on this.

On a side note: all the freemason accusations are becoming so annoying and ridiculous. Everytime somebody posts something about a person not named david icke or zechari stitsin, within the first page somebody is accusing that person of being a freemason. And on top of that, freemasons are not some power hungry organization, my uncle was a freemason and i went to his lodge sometimes, all the guys are just normal people who gather to make friends, even the higher ranking ones are just nice guys.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sn00daard

I've said this before and I'll say it again: ATS is (first and foremost) some peoples' income; us users might do well to remember that

How much money does it cost to power the servers for a site this size? How much does equipment cost? Wages for sysadmins? The whole damn thing costs money. Nobody can pull money out of their asses or run this stuff for free. Even damn charities are businesses these days. It's the world we live in.

The guys that own and run this site need income to run it. They live in the real world and hope to make some money on top too. They have bills, expenses, families and whatever else kind of crap that takes our money every month. A lot of people hate success.

I hope they get very rich out of it. I like the place and it costs me nothing. To the owners it's business and pleasure. To some members it's conspiracy heaven. To others it's just one more thing in their lives that they don't trust.

You know what pisses me off the most reading this thread and others like them? Same old people still sulking about threads being closed months or years ago. Harbouring grudges against Mods who've probably forgotten the thread in seconds flat. Don't take it so seriously.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've been waiting for someone to start a thread like this, it is a question i have wondered "can ATS be trusted" my definate overall answer is no they cannot.

For a company or website group to really start commercializing (which is how i found out of ATS) they need to make deals with some larger corperations.

ATS' role is a place to talk about conpiracies so why block a thread that talks of the best conpiracy yet? really whats a greater way to take down a nation? MAKE THE PEOPLE DISTRUST THIER OWN GOVERMENT.

Yes our goverment(s) are known for secretacy and lying untill someone clues in, but they have an overall prpose, this could be our own goverment trying to figure out what the people are interseted in.

When it comes to making someones mind race nothing works better then the idea of the Global elites, if can make any idea sound true and real if there was a mastermime behind it all but i believe this term was used so people start thinking of TPTB as unstoppable tyrannts of great power, but really have such little power.

This site is montiored by federal agencies for multiple reasons 1. avoid rebel groups from forming 2making sure other say agencies from other counteries dont litter poraganda (because many ATS members believe what they read on this site without question.

The slogan is "deny ignorance" but that is all i see on this site most of the time. Everything we do is controlled one way or another so why would one think is it too far of an idea to say ATS is also under a control, if this was public information some may become more overly paranoid and do something rash "thier last safe haven is controlled by greedy warmongers"

That is the reason the topic is hush hush, there are overly paranoid members on this site that would take unnessary actions when they would begin to feel "cornered"

It is only logical the mental complexity of our species is very nile, very predictible actions in certain situations can only cause panic to others.

so really not talking about ATS being controlled telling you all of your polictical opinions, which you intake without question is trully an unruly illogical action that requires more depth input than anything.

ATS STAFF i call you on this thread, to answer your place(s) in this matter

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
CHAOS.. I applaud you for creating a post that is so controversial, because that is what ATS is all about. The mandate of this site is to provide an environment where we can discuss the types of issues that you would not be able to discuss elsewhere.
That being said i have to thank ATS as well for allowing such a controversial post to run. As the site owners and Mods are human just like the rest of us they obviously make mistakes as well, one of those being the plea for the members to go out and buy Robbie Williams latest CD. What was that all about?
Back to my point, which is that if our posts were being censored would we be here discussing this right now. I think not! That said it appears to me that the moderation system here is working just fine.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A question, maybe stupid, I asked myself:

If ATS has been around for so long, how come such portal for conspiracies and 'top secret' discussions has not received the kind of leaks and inside intel a young site like wikileaks received?

Maybe it is because people do not feel safe posting such material or the people in the know well know ATS is compromised?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
OP, I lost interest in your topic right when you mentioned the Meta Tag Spamming...

In the past ATS had a feature where users were allowed to create their own meta tags for each topic. For example, I would be able to submit the word "COINTELPRO" for this topic, and it would show at the bottom of this topic even though it wasn't my topic.

That feature was removed because people were using it to insult others, and they were spamming links to websites, and normal spamming of message when they were post banned, and generally just abused it.

I think the user you were talking about was banned for abusing that feature.

ATS is what I like to call "trigger happy". If a user complains about another post, the mods don't care about what is right or wrong, and they don't care about context of the situation, or the information included, they will censor your post to please the cry babies and the sensitive. Sometimes they do it in such an unjustified way that they anger the people who are censored and those people go out of their way to talk down on the mods and ATS.

Most mods don't care if some troll found a uniqe way to insult someone so that it goes unnoticed, because they don't want to take the time to understand the context of the situation. So when you defend yourself or do it back to the troll, it doesn't matter, you will be punished, and most of the time the troll gets away scott free.

Because ATS is "trigger happy" a lot of good posts get removed because there is one line out of 100 which made someone cry. This creates the illusion of censorship.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ok...well, there's the "official" explanation...
sorry, I just couldn't help myself...seriously though, I don't know if that was enough to convince me of anything...

Honestly one attribute most serious conspiracy theorists have in common due to the conjecture and speculation involved in trying to piece together and investigate conspiracies is active imaginations as a result.

Sometimes those imaginations lead some to what can best be summed up as paranoia. Sometimes that leads to people forming hasty conclusions absent all the pertinent facts as some people are more prone to just conjecture and speculation and not the physical real time, real world investigation that is typically always needed to actually solve a conspiracy.

Hint: Neither Watergate or Iran-Contra was solved using URL’S.

Yet because conspiracy theorists are often limited by budget or lack of experience this critical real world investigation when it comes to ATS usually just involves surfing the Internet to look for articles and sites that lend credence to the speculation and conjecture that comprises the bulk of most ATS members published works.

So a lot of conclusions, including the one this thread’s Original Piece is based on, are in fact based on very limited information that not only just rely on other written sources but often omit other written sources that don’t support that conclusion.

To my knowledge no one making these accusations against ATS has ever done a true real world investigation. No one that I know of has tailed the Three Amigos and gone over a list of known associates through those tails (not recommending anyone do this by the way) nor has anyone been over their books, to forensically audit anything that would comprise a money trail that would substantiate these accusations, nor has anyone investigated the Above Top Secret Super Secret rumored to be beneath the Polar Icecap and only accessible by submarine ATS server facility (I just made up that rumor) or anything that would better substantiate or dismiss these rather slanderous charges leveled against it from time to time, by what truly are disgruntled former members and competing sites.

I have written some pretty controversial all original content threads on ATS and never has the staff or ownership done anything to attempt to censor them. In fact the opposite has occurred where often members of the staff will U2U me and say, I like your theory, you should read this book, have you ever heard of this author, they think similarly, you would likely enjoy what they have written on this subject.

The one thing about ATS is it is almost all entirely user generated content with the Ownership rarely posting about topics that are either one of their true passions or concern how the site is being run.

There is no consistent ‘counter intelligence’ style message coming out of ATS on an Ownership or Management Level.

The Government does not need the Owners collusion to monitor the site, and that would include any government, all they need to do is type www.abovetopsecret.com... to read about anything that’s posted on ATS.

No one who’s ever leveled these allegations has ever conducted a real world, real time investigation, but instead are relying simply on the written word of others that have never done a real world, real time investigation either.

Life isn’t fair, but considering the great platform ATS does provide for all original user generated content, I think it’s rather unkind to voice such speculation without any real world proof to substantiate them.

All these allegations add up to as a result of nothing but here say and third party opinion and speculation, none of which would be admissible or valid in a court of law.

That high standard is what is ultimately required to prove a conspiracy, evidence that would stand up in a court of law.

No one has that kind of evidence in this case, and honestly I think there are a few competitors that if such evidence existed might have unearthed it by now, and clearly haven’t, because it really likely does not exist.

For the overly paranoid out there I leave you with these lines from the Eagles:

Take it easy
Take it easy
Don’t let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy!

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm impressed.

It is no surprise to me as to why there are detractors out there, people who feel they are some great victims of ATS injustice etc. Those who would say or do anything to raise doubts and suspicions about this community.

That said, this thread is on the site home page, and has not been removed, SkepticOverlord has responded in this thread, and that alone speaks volumes about the subject.

In the minds of conspiracy theorists, especially here at ATS, sometimes (especially on a slow news day) ATS itself is the conspiracy!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Someone should author a book or something online, ATS's very own story!

Would make for some good reading indeed.

A lot of posts on here, apologies I didn't get to read all of them but I will focus on the OP's comments.

I am an admin on a fairly successful IT/Techie site which is entirely driven by the forum backend.

To cut a long story short websites of this scale, that generate this much bandwidth don't come cheap and eventually something has to give.

In our case we started to introduce selective advertising that was driven of the meta information generated by the pages (dynamically), this allowed for key product placement of adverts e.g. if someone posted a question about Microsoft Sharepoint Server, the post would appear with a key advert at the top most likely showing offers on Microsoft Servers - you get the idea.

That generates revenue for the authors, which in turn allows them to pay the bills and trust me, hosting a growing forum with an ever increasing user count and bandwidth consumption can get costly and needs to be managed.

But to also give the OP merit, I can see the conspiracy here being a commercial one. End of the day ATS has started to evolve into a business platform whether we want to admit it or not, this explains some of the decisions that were made (however ill advised they seemed at the time).

Unfortunately this site doesn't run by the number posts per second (however that would be cool, queue virtual hamster in a wheel) so money has to be made some how to pay the bills.

Adios,

K

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
edit: I've grown weary of the whole subject so edited to remain uninvolved.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As a few others have said you can't trust everything you read you need to research for yourself. How do we know chaos isn't a govt employee trying to make ATS look like a site not to look at for the info is tainted.

Also how do we know there isn't people like on that digg site which was posted a few days ago trying to disinfo subjects which have some truth. I see the problem with sites like these that you can only take some things with a pinch of salt.

Read the info think about it and research a little more otherwise you'll just end up being the dumbest gullible people around. Some people sound like they are back asleep with some of the things that haven't been thought of not everything is a conspiracy some things just have unusual curcumstances which end up looking like they are hiding something.

Don't believe everything!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
here's an idea for the OP, and anyone who agrees with him:

This is not your website. You subscribe here. Anything that happens, even if you, myself, or "we" disagree with it, its totally at the discretion of the people who OWN this website.

Im not sure who the subject was related to in the original post, nor am I sure what he's done.

But i know that i've crossed that threshold, before, of T&C violations, albeit unintentionally, and i'm still here.

I can be brash and unforgiving at times with my opinion...Im not banned.

It's no different than when some one gets fired, they start with accusations of racism, sexism, nepotism, and any other ism that exists that could suit their case to make it look like it had nothing to do with their performance, and everything to do with being a victim.

Summed up: They're too immature to handle the truth, so they deflect to a higher authority

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have never understood why people are so afraid of Masons, the leaders of said club are nothing more than a bunch of day dreamers, who get their kicks out of people believing they have a deep dark secret.

A secret which can control Mankind so some believe, in reality they hold nothing, the Governments hold nothing, and the so called NWO hold nothing, they think they do.

Those secrets they think they hold belong to the Human race, not a bunch of manipulating old farts with their hands in every pot in town, just to make them some money while appearing to give it to good causes, a small fraction of it maybe, but it does nothing but open doors to other lucrative opportunities, hence why the top branch has all the cash, and the lower bodies do all the work.

Its the fear they direct at you keeps you afraid of them, when you realise they are nothing but an old boys club the fear begins to wane.

If the owners of ATS are involved, then they made their bed and they will have to sleep in it, you have to remember, this site is full of revolutionaries, militia members, as well as some who have a few nuts and bolts missing, if it was proven that these people had been led up the garden path for money, who do you think they are going to seek out for that?

They wont be given a ticket out of here if TSHTF if they believe that then they are seriously deluded, they would be just another slave to their agenda, leaving them to face the music with no protection.

So as long as your true to yourself, and believe only what you know to be correct, then you have no worries, just don't allow anyone to steer you in the wrong direction, keep true to what you know and discover, if information goes missing, then go and research, find out why it went missing in the first place, why would someone move it.

Just because something makes sense does not make it correct, it just means it could fit, but do you have all the information that makes it fit, or was it manipulated to make you believe it?

Nobody can ever get to the bottom of anything, if they keep letting people direct them in the wrong direction.

Where is Simon Gray?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Moon Knight

Maybe members come here because they like the other members...

I use to go to a hotel, it was a horrible place, the staff were pains, the bouncers were brutal, but my mates were there..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hmm, these are very good points and pose some very important questions. I have also gone back and looked at previous posts about Masons and none of them seem to be "against" the masons which is a little fishy. There is no doubt the Masons are in Hollywood and everywhere else. Masons running this site would not surprise me one bit, but that doesn't mean this site is still useful and helpful.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have lost all faith in the staff after having my conspiracy thread deleted which had no relation to this what so ever, apart from the use of one link to support the conspiracys origin.

They really are trying to cover up this Butt Dart thing which makes me wonder what else they've covered up

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

You already have a thread here about the ATS conspiracies, why not post your material regarding the "Butt Darts" conspiracy here rather than starting new threads?

Seriously, Butt darts?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Because it likely goes so deep it warrants it's own discussion.

I made a clearly presented and well thought out & documented thread highlighting this secret society of butt darters on ATS which is being covered up and suprise suprise it gets deleted straight away.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There is no conspiracy.

We created a business focused on promoting user-generated content. At no point have we ever done anything other than what is best for the vast majority of people posting to ATS who have the expectations that we will do our best to promote what they post.

Its fair to believe there is no conspiracy. I don't think there is one. But, what there most definitely is on ATS, is some moderators who are offended by what people say, and it causes a bias for them to remove postings that they otherwise wouldn't. You should consider the chance that the moderator for the thread about masonry was a mason and may have been bothered by what he believed was "obviously just a bunch of slander" even though there may have been something to it.

There should be a rule, and perhaps there is one, that masons should not be allowed to moderate threads critical to masonry, Christians should not be allowed to moderate threads critical of Christianity, etc. This would go a long way towards easing people's fears. In other words, if someone is being critical of any organization the moderator is a member to, this would reduce the bannings due to bias which I have seen happen in my opinion.

A lot of the times there are borderline situations and if a moderator is biased it will tend to tilt one way.

Another thing that should never happen is that threads should simply never be deleted, but rather moved into a trash bin category, spam category where hyperlinks are removed, etc. because it is easy for someone to believe they are being censored when that happens "because they are too close to the truth". Even if some thing God awful is said a disclaimer of some sort can be attached before being sent into the trash bin folder. Once in the trash bin, no more replies would be allowed of course, a mod would note the reason it was moved, and it would no longer appear in the "recent posts" listing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join