It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a fat woman in a wheelchair: Primary Narcissism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No way dude. Narcissism is just being selfish. I'm not like that and I'm sure there are a lot of other people on here that aren't like that. You're just making a general assumption about everyone here. I'm all about living for today and this world fascinates me so much that, no matter how good or bad it may be, I'm always looking forward to the next day. Life is all about an experience and that experience is what you make of life. And I mean, why would anyone want to go back into the womb and suck on their mother's teat again? That's just gross.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by tgidkp

Perhaps there is more wrong with her, than her weight.

the point is that there is much much more wrong with ALL OF US. it is just unfortunate for her that her problems have surfaced up to the level where we all are able to see it for what it is.

but i maintain:

YOU = HER

And ...YOUR POINT = ????

Seems to be another "You, yes YOU!" thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hmmm don't know enough about the woman, but i will say the vast majority of obese folks simply eat too much and don't exercise enough. Only a small percentage can link their obesity to genetics etc Although you will hear 9/10 fat folks give these excuses, it would be almost funny if it wasn't a serious health problem that is effecting society and future generations. Irresponsible obese parents with 8 year olds that are huge. Oh well, all the information is out there. If they are greedy,lazy and simply don't give a flying hoot then theirs not much you can do.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmm? Primary Narcissism and Me a Primary Narcissist???

Nope! Here is why!....

1] Truly vain people are so vain that to even consider themselves at all would be to much effort. They are so much better than, even themselves!

2] To be a Narcissist [primary or secondary] would require for there to be another objective person outside of you to become judgemental about AND since this is clearly not the case as neither you, I or anybody else actually exist... [well mathematically at least],

... Then the argument is a mute/moot point!

Personal Disclosure: There is of course, nothing WRONG about possessing a deranged imagination unless of course you think you actually exist, in which case it might be a good idea to return to "Cognito Ergo Sum" and actually prove that you do exist without unethically self assessing etc!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think you are trying to get us to pass judgement on a person we know nothing about. Where is your compassion? Not nice, not nice at all!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Narcissism being an "infantile" state? Wanting to be back inside the womb? I don't know what century your mental health practice is operating in, but today we don't use Freudian clap-trap. It's bull. You need to blow the dust off your DSM-IV and look up the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. You are way out in left field.

The woman in the wheelchair your brother described would most likely be given a diagnosis of "Personality Disorder NOS" (not otherwise specified) with a Rule-out of Dependent Personality Disorder.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting,
she can be as fat as she wishes
Thing that bothers me is that I am sure that some of my tax dollars
are assisting her.
since you are referencing religion here by speaking about judgment.
The lord helps those whom help themselves.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i like that fat, miserable woman more than i like the OP

2nd line, same as the 1st

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
to paraphrase JFK-
we do not need an excuse why not (pause) we need a reason why

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join