It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can shoot at Obama in Rosetto, Pa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A lone gunmen stares down the President of the United States through the top of a rifle. His aim unwavering, his body calm. He hesitates making sure to hit the right spot. He jerks his finger back and fires.

"And we have a winner. Bulls eye. Here is your prize, kid."

A small Church Carnival in Rosetto, Pennsylvania has come under attack by various news media, locally in PA, and now abroad on the web through the Huffington Post and Talking Points memo of having a home-made shooting gallery of Obama. During the controversy the church made the stance that it wasn't Obama specifically, just a non-descript black politician with martian ears, holding a health care bill.

The game maker has apologized, and the Secret Service has been in contact with him, though it sounds like nothing major will come from it.

You can read more at Talking Points Memo

They seem to be taking it rather lightly, though I've read some reports and heard through the liberal grapevine of accusations of racism, intolerance, displaying severe hatred, etc etc. Now I heard about this and I could only chuckle. I remember going to the local indoor shooting range a few years back and finding Bush and Cheney targets for about a buck a sheet. I just sort-of shrug this off as your standard Presidential hatred that comes with the job.

I don't remember ever hearing about it in the news, or hearing the gunshop owner having to issue an apology. I also don't recall him being investigated by the Secret Service.

I think the real issue I have is that it somehow has become a thought crime to dislike the current administration.

I'm hardly a Republican or a Democrat. I don't think Obama has been worst President in history (I'm pretty sure Bush is a contender though) but I do see many things that are valid criticism of his policies. This seems like your standard "I hate the president" gag, but this time, it's being viewed as though it was a near treasonous action done by racists.

Why is this different then the shooting range with Bush?

Do the Democrats finally have a good PR campaign manager? Or is it because of the color of Obama's skin?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

It's not like they tried to lynch a a non-descript black politician with martian ears, holding a health care bill.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Looks like they stopped it...

Carnival game featuring Obama-like shooting gallery is pulled

Also, I think I do remember a game that involved Bush that there was a flap about. Trying to think....

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'd imagine that the difference between the two is no one complained when it was Bush (if there wasn't an investigation and it wasn't shut down that is), but someone did complain because it's Obama. Or a nondescript black politician with martian ears holding a health care bill, if that's what they prefer to call it. Either way, creating anything that imitates shooting a bullet at the president generally isn't the brightest idea in the world regardless of who the president is. They tend to take things like that seriously no matter how innocent the intentions are.

Edit: Note to self, don't talk and type at the same time. You can't do both without messing up your post.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Shut up and go foe someone.
^^
jiminey crickets wish I could be as cool as you.

I personally shot at Bush an Bin Laden targets. This is a non issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Rosetto is an Italian community of some 1650 people who will make you a deal a non-descript black man carrying a healthcare bill can't refuse.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Shut up and go foe someone.
^^
jiminey crickets wish I could be as cool as you.

I personally shot at Bush an Bin Laden targets. This is a non issue.

I'd be careful, personal attacks makes one look weak and unintelligent, I'd stay away from acting childish in the future.

And no, you could never be as cool as me.

That said, my entire point is that: I also shot as Bush targets. Many people have. There has never been a problem. Why now? Why national media attention?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Mmmmmm.....doctors call it the Roseto effect. Rosetans suffer forty percent fewer heart attacks than any other community in that general area of Pennsylvannia.

Ya know, I think Roseto has something going for it. We should all live so well.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow...time lapse of the Roseto Carnival...with some eerie music. Put on them headphones and watch.

vimeo.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by earl call]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Maybe because we've been bombarded and sensitized to all the accusations and issues being thrown around lately? Just a thought. A pretty obvious one, but no one's going to say it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Maybe because we've been bombarded and sensitized to all the accusations and issues being thrown around lately? Just a thought. A pretty obvious one, but no one's going to say it.

You seemed to have said it. Do you need an echo?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by earl call

Nope. I'm not going to say it. That just perpetuates the insanity.

If we ignore it, it will shrivel up and die.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

join