It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok.. 3am WTH just happend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi so i'm here .. sleeping.. dreaming well more so having a nightmare i'm running, not sure what from just running.. as i'm running i'm been sucked in to nothingness .. the dream quickly turns nightmarish as i feel pain and my chest is getting heavy trouble breathing and then i awaken!

i'm alert feeling short of breath my chest heavy. i feel disturbed at such a short nightmare.. i uncover the blanket from over my head and then there it is. i see a sillouette in the corner of my room up near the roof. It looks down on me and swoops down dissapearing almost as fast as i see it.

Naturally a bit frightened by it i think well it's late a had a nightmare i'm seeing things it's late. so i attempt to close my eyes and fall asleep

I hear a noise at the curtain the blinds are rustling and i think gee what now sounds like an intruder, i see a black shadow move past my window from what looks like across the room!

i get up ready to fight the intruder when i realise there never was one, peering out my window i see nothing touched nothing different...

So i think wow i must be tired i turn around and there it is. i don't know what it is i can't describe the feeling it gave me but that 2 second glance was all it took, despair mysery death it felt like coldness running down my spine i tried not to stare at what i thought where the red eyes of the very devil himself and i turn away keeping my eyes closed i feel my way into bed and lie down.

5 minutes later i uncover the blanket and all is as it was before quiet nothing around well now the lights on and i'm typing this up what the hell just happend ! what was that! maybe i'm tired i dunno but that sure as hell freaked me out!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Your account nearly perfectly mimics a recent incident my friend had, with what she called, 'Evil'...

Unreal how close it is to her exact description of the nightmare/awakening.

Like I told her, it's my opinion you need to reexamine what your belief system is, and call on it. Center yourself in it. Get grounded in something that will help you.

For me, that's Jesus.

I dunno what you choose, but, considering you've just gotten a little glimpse of what life/death will be without Jesus (complete utter despair, etc) - this might be the time to check Him out.

peace to you and hang in there!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Could you have been dreaming the entire time?
Are you certain you were awake?
Freaky, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have no idea, but whatever it was -- it has been happening to people all over the world for thousands of years. Some say "evil" (demons, succubus, etc) and others day the Blue-Cheese dressing you had for dinner causing a dream state / sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
do you believe it was an evil entity? or perhaps what they call a shadows person, i defo belive in jesus. I know he existed no denying that i might need to start going to church cos damn! that thing whatever it was freaked me out

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i know i am awake now and simply not dreaming as it's now 3.30am here in Australia

lol at the cheese factor mate i had dinner nearly 7 hours ago i'm certain what i had didn't cause my dreams let alone what i saw when i woke up!!!@

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Alienslayer]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienslayer

I'm sure you are right, of course, but cursory research will tell you that the debate over this phenomena is by no means settled. Frankly -- if I had to guess -- I'd wager you were still asleep until you "uncovered the blanket" 5 minutes after the last sighting.

Of course, it could be "the devil", aliens, or a seizure of some kind as well. It's hard to say, which is why the phenomenon has been happening for thousands of years and there is still debate.

In any case, I am glad you are ok!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hi, thats sounds exactly like an evil spirit or demon tried to enter your body. Like someone else said earlier its happened to many people all over the world since time began. Since you believe in Jesus I would suggest praying next time something like that happens and ask Jesus to make it go away.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now why do you have to go freaking me out with creepy stories like that? Lol
Seriously though that sounds horrible, and I have had similar scenarios though not quite as lucid as that.

In my case I usually try to ignore such things. The last time it happened I was going through about a week of those kind of events.

The worst being when I awoke from a dream where an unseen force dragged me out of bed ,down the hall and tried to forcefully eject me out of my own house through a window. Upon waking I felt very unsettled and kept seeing shadow movement. Who knows what the hell that was about?

I just know when I woke up I felt like you did.
It’s almost like a 6th sense that comes on you. Your fine and minding your own business when suddenly BOOM..You feel despair, like your soul just dropped out. Your skin is crawling and you feel cold chills all over your face and body.
Like you said death, despair and fear. I hate when those occasions come, and they are not by any means easily dismissed.

At least it’s over for the time being.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey man, or woman, I've had this happen to me several times, usually its just a negative fearful feeling but in the last year I've had pains in my chest, shocks in my back, and trouble breathing. When this happens try being light-full and loving. I know that will be harder than it sounds when you are in a state of panic and fear, but just think to yourself how you will benefit from the fear, and then focus on something positive, like a beautiful day.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

yep, its like missing the turn off and thinking...." how the hell did i get here "

[edit on 7-8-2010 by scratcher]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Or it could have been a gargoyle. Y'know, the demon things on churches? Their function is to bring you back on the way to the Lord, strange as it sounds.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

jesus ?

wow

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow, you must be well spooked. I've had something similar myself and got an awful fright. Did you put all the house lights and telly on after it? I did.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I am fairly new here and this is just my second post - so hi, everyone.

Alienslayer, I have had a simialar experience. This happened about a year ago (give or take). I was dreaming about something large flying through the room (sounded like wings fluttering in the dream) and it was trying to get me. I woke up and saw a shadow and a red glow. I thougt it was my imagination from coming out of the dream but I got out of bed anyway, turned on lights and looked around. Found nothing and the house was secure. Calmed myself and satisfied that it was just a dream I turned off the lights, went back to bed and then saw this thing staring down at me from above my bed. It had red glowing eyes and they had a halo around them like they were actually providing light (like car headlight but small and red). I could make out its face. It had a ridged forehead that turned up at each edge - not like horns exactly. It was dark but had lighter, chalky looking, areas around parts of the face (illuminated by the glowing eyes) and a slit for a mouth, the mouth was opend a little but I could not see teeth. It had a smallish nose in relation to the face and I could make out two nostrils. It had a triangular shaped face and was larger than a human's face. I could not make out the rest of the thing - just felt like it was really large. We just stared at each other, it did not move and neither did I - just stared. Then I said, "Enough" and it just dissapeared. Not sure why I said that - it was just a stunned reaction. It was a very strange experience. Again I turned on the lights and looked around, checked doors and windows and went back to bed, turned on my lamp and made notes in my journal that I keep in my nightstand. It did take a bit to go back to sleep but I really wasn't afraid for some reason - stunned is a better description. The rest of the night was peaceful.

I am actually shocked at my reaction. My normal reaction (to things of the unknown) is to get the heck out of the house and not come back until the next day and then sleep with the lights on for days after. I just had the strongest feeling that it was just observing. My cat was in bed at the time and was hissing and growling at this thing. I scoured online sights trying to find others who saw anything similar but just kept coming up with Shadow Beings. I have had experiences with Shadow Beings but never saw anything like this. Maybe similar to what you saw???

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
im 16 now but when i was in the 4th or 3rd grade i the samething happend to me except it was a dream and it felt so real, it was in the downstairs of my house, but yea samething just a girl with a dress, glowing red eyes, anyways samething happend to me a couple months ago, i couldnt even sleep for the next few days, same dream, same effect, except no glowing red eyes.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LRP2010

This is a reply to both yourself and alienslayer.

The question is this:
What’s with the strange reactions that people seem to be displaying upon the confrontation with the alleged entity, which by the way sounds like a moth man description to some degree?
Whatever it is it can’t be called fear per se.

Shock yes, but not that normal fight or flight response you would expect.
It seems strange to me that the reactions are almost on another level of consciousness whereby the normal instinctive mind that we deal with daily takes a backseat to this stranger ego. I don’t know what to call it.

What your currently talking about is something that if a person were to see it in reality, hovering above or near by, immediate response would probably be $#%#$^$%^!!!!!!! Followed by a soiling of undergarments.

This is hardly the case however and more over the human seems to take the offensive stance toward it rather than defensive.

I find this behavior very intriguing and I would like to know more about it.

Does anyone have any ideas for why a person would behave in this manner?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Very good question and I have thought about this quite a lot. Not that I have come up with any real answers. But, maybe it is something that this thing does to the observer and maybe it has to do with the glowing eyes? Hypnotic effect maybe? I don't know, I just know that my eyes were locked on this thing's face and I just didn't move - just kept looking at it. I was uneasy enough to get up and check things around the house but the normal fear I usually feel with strange experiences was just not there. But I will never get that face out of my mind and don't wish to see it again.

I haven't figured out how to highlight a quote yet so just adding here...

"What your currently talking about is something that if a person were to see it in reality, hovering above or near by, immediate response would probably be $#%#$^$%^!!!!!!! Followed by a soiling of undergarments."

Exactly!!!

[edit on 8/7/2010 by LRP2010]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LRP2010

I have thought the same thing, hat maybe it was a hypnotic state.
I have also considered that it may have something to do with coming out of a dream state where your brain is processing information a little differently.
I have no facts to back that claim.

I think it's interesting to note however that I have read in the past about similar encounters that produced the same response.
The encounters were with various beings. Aliens as reported by abductees, moth man witnesses, and those who see these apparitions if that's what they are.

A feeling of doom, death, paralysis sometimes, hypnotic trances, and loss or deep depressive states have been described.

To me that sounds like a connection.
The question in the end is why the freck would a red eyed long toothed beasty want to have a stare off with you from the ceiling.
The goal from the entities point of view interests me. it obviously didn't want to paralyze you with fear.
Maybe it didn't know you could even see it and
that's disconcerting because it means they are probably always hanging around.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That is very interesting, I don't know what to make of it.
Something similar happened to me a few week's ago when I was in turkey

You know when you wake up and you see some hanging clothes or something that just happen's to perfectly resemble an old creepy man or something, that's what happened, after the incident I discovered it was just clothes but ile tell you what happened.

I make this shape out of the clothing on the end of my bed, and then (this is soon after waking up by the way), I am completely paralyzed, can't move a friggin bone in my body, the closest I could get was rolling my head ever so slightly, but even then, try as I could, I coulden't call for my girlfriend, my voice just woulden't work (She was laying next to me) freaking horrible.

My take on this is I woke up, but my body was still asleep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join