It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism: If you are not terrorized, it doesn't work.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"Terrorism is defined by the response of the onlooker. If you are not terrorized, it doesn't work."

I don't know if the video above has been posted here before, but it's food for thought and maybe some discussion. Is Zakaria on the right track?

John Adams said in his book Thoughts on Government:

Fear is the foundation of most governments; but it is so sordid and brutal a passion, and renders men in whose breasts it predominates so stupid and miserable, that Americans will not be likely to approve of any political institution which is founded on it.

He also said that political leaders have an inherent interest in maximizing fear levels because that is what maximizes their power. I think there is a strong case that can be made that there are those who intentionally keep us fearful and paralyzed, politicians with the complicit media and even the snowballing effect of people who continue to be fearful...of terrorism...of Islam...of losing their jobs...of the economy.

Along these lines, here's another video that shows how people are still trying to prey on our fears about terrorism, to get our votes. Truly pitiful.

Just something to think about.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Tee hee. Sounds familar.

I hope some of the folks crying about how this NYC mosque needs to be stopped because it scares them will stop by and take a look. I really do not understand how they do not see that they are doing just what those 19 dead guys wanted them to do.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

They win if we surrender to our fear and let them fundamentally change us? Let our values and principles crumble? Randomly run around the world killing innocents and demonizing and entire religion?

Yeah. Kind of like that. But I always figured I was weird this way. Not sure how many would agree.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

got news for ya

At Least 7 of the 9/11
Hijackers are Still Alive
National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States

The muscle hijackers 'picked by bin Ladin':

Satam al Suqami, Wail and Waleed al Shehri (two brothers) Both Alive, Abdul Aziz al Omari Alive, Fayez Banihammad (from the UAE), Ahmed al Ghamdi, Hamza al Ghamdi, Mohand al Shehri Alive, Saeed al Ghamdi Alive, Ahmad al Haznawi, Ahmed al Nami Alive, Majed Moqed, and Salem al Hazmi Alive (the brother of Nawaf al Hazmi).

whatreallyhappened.com...

i think this list has grown since too

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Please, there is an entire 9/11 forum in which to have that discussion. This thread is specifically about terrorism and not whether or not 9/11 was an inside job. The people I am specifically speaking of do in fact believe it was 19 terrorists and in the context of their specific rationale, that is all that matters. Please do not derail what should be a thoughtful conversation about the American psyche today at a time when tension of the NYC mosque is so crazy with conspiracy theories that really have no bearing on the subject and have their own forum for anyway. Go argue with weedwhacker.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What we have here is negative spreading negative.

Thats all. There's no fear. There's people doing now what they should have been doing before. This isn't about fear. I truly don't think anyone is afraid!

Best Regards,
sl

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I agree Luc
A most excelent thread idea and a key point.
IMHO, you have hit the nail on the Head.
FandS

Terror is like being afraid of the dark...
The perps want to shut the net down because they are terrified of the light...
They hate us for our freedoms all right..
Like the freedom of speech, the freedom to own and bare arms, the freedom of assembly...etc

Well on Romantic Rebel's Elena Kagan thread there is a good example of who is taking away our freedoms cause they are terrified of them, and she just got elected to the supreme court after defending against the birthers for Obama.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Thats all. There's no fear. There's people doing now what they should have been doing before. This isn't about fear. I truly don't think anyone is afraid!

Best Regards,
sl

Go back to that other thread where people are litterally telling you they are afraid on every page then. Invite them over here and we can have that discussion.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

just correcting your comment on the 19 hijackers, see that is the key to terror...like being afraid of the dark..here be monsters...not knowing is the key to it all...and 911 is the mother of all terror attacks...which is why the whole obfuscation, In the light of day...the terrifying shadows disappear and so does the terror....

See if the peeps knew that the hijackers were a fraud and it wasn't Muslims at all, which how could it have been if they are still alive...
then they wouldn't be terrified of the mosque...

terror works both ways
the US government is terrified of the American patriot.
and in that terror is their down fall
nothing ends a tyranny faster then making it act like one...
hence putting Kagan on the bench, is a step towards that down fall.

and ps
stop telling people what to do we'll do what we want
up the mods discretion of course

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Please explain this statement.

What is here?

What is the negative?

How is the negative spreading negative?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Haven't watched the vids yet, about to now, but...

Fear is the root of all evil...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

just correcting your comment on the 19 hijackers,

No, you were not. You did not prove anything, you just offered up a conspiracy theory about 9/11. Please stop. It does not matter if there was only 1 terrorist. It does not even matter if was remote control planes. What matters it what people are afraid of. Did you read the OP? It is not about 9/11, it is about terror. If you are afraid of the government blowing up buildings then great.

I WAS SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSING THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY AFRAID OF ANOTHER 19 HIJACKERS!!!!

If you have an issue with THEIR beliefs then take it up with them and stop trying to send this thread into the trash bin with truther arguments.

and ps
stop telling people what to do we'll do what we want
up the mods discretion of course

How about you worry about what I tell you to do and leave it at that. Are you having trouble finding the 9/11 forum?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You seem to be terrified of something..
I suggest a nice cup of tea....Chamomile, I understand is calming

911 was a terrorist attack
Committed for the purpose of terrorizing a population in order to manipulate them into behaving a certain way.

So If you are of the opinion that a terrorist act commited by terrorists in order to terrorize a target population and to terrorise another population into being terrorified they will be falsely blamed for being terrorists...isn't terrorism...

maybe the Tea will help you, I most certainly can't

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It is terrorism! Did you see what I added to the OP?

During the past decade, we have witnessed a dramatic transformation in the nature and uses of terrorism. In the 70s, it was often repeated that terrorists "want a lot of people watching, not a lot of people dead"; today, it is more accurate to say that terrorists want a lot of people dead, and even more people crippled by fear and grief.

A major strategic intent of modern terrorists is to use larger scale physical attacks to cause stress in the general population. These changes in terrorist strategy have made it clear that we need better psychological and social responses to terrorism and man-made disasters.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I have no clue what your post is about and no clue what the point is. Terrorism is terrorism. You can blame whoever you like for 9/11 but this thread is not about that so you should be doing it somewhere else. If you want to correct me on 9/11, do it the next time I jump in a truther thread. Please stop trying to argue whatever nonsense you are just to argue. I hate to think I have to start using ignore just because of this.

I am guessing you missed the entire premise of the OP of this thread and all you want to do is discuss false flag ops or inside jobs. Too bad this aint about that so please, stop.

And no, I am not in need of any tea. I am not afraid of terrorists or the government coming to get me or planning WWIII inside some mosque in NYC.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm not scared of terrorism. I am more scared about the crazy people in my own town. I've never seen a terrorist...but I have seen some crazy thugs. I would like they spent trillions of dollars cleaning up America before cleaning up the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Absolutely. Just think how far a trillion dollars could go here at home. Our foreign policy is out of control.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sorry Lucidity my above comment was not directed at you or your thread.
You wanted discussion on the OP, hopefully this detailed explanation of my tangential approach will suffice.

My point is
Terrorism is for manipulation.
War is for elimination.
Occupation is for theft.

The US/Zionist controlled west, is totally controlled at this point by terrorism, and its government, though no longer representative of the people, is a terrorist organization.

Zacheria is wrong in that terror can be from real sources and in not investigating those sources and eliminating them, the terrorist still exists and likely has been successful, and will strike again.
Misdirection is to help the real terrorist get away with it, and then to continue to terrorize, while serving the dual purpose of terrorizing the falsely accused.
Like the gulf of Tonkin...
The US - be afraid of communism...
The North Vietnamese - be afraid of "democracy"
both sides paid,,,who gained?
Certainly the Dope dealers...air America /the CIA/ Poppy Bush, the military industrial complex, the bankers....

the Kennedy assassination was a terrorist act...he was going to oppose the Zionist agenda.
He was assassinated...by Muslims? no by the same people that are in control of the US government now.
US presidents are scared now.

To address his point directly, the 77 bombings ( or 911, or even the gulf oil spill) and the stock market...the real terrorists WE KNOW short sold the markets massively in anticipation of the market drops caused by the incidents, and then rebounded, and then they sold on the rebound.
Claiming that the people are resilient and that the terror was not effective is a complete misdirection, because the rebound is half of the anticipated result-a dead give away as to the real source of the terrorism.
if it was 'Muslims" they would not have wanted a rebound.
They would want permanent damage.

Rothschild told the British that Napoleon had won and in the ensuing terrorized panic he bought up England for pennies on the pound.
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
- Infamous Mayer Amschel Rothschild Quote

Zacheria's point about the British being resilient in the face of IRA bombings completely leaves out the bombings in Ireland were about keeping control of the Irish nationals. The British are an imperialist force in Ireland after all....it isn't like the British haven't been caught dressed as the opposition and planting bombs to cause terror to manipulate, because they have. They have been caught spuriously jailing the innocents too...
Why? To cover their own complicity in the bombings and to justify their presence there maybe?

Miss direction is important in getting away with terrorism

911 was created to create terror of and in Muslims in order to motivate the west into attacking Muslim countries in order to get their resources like oil, and opium, and land...to further the Zionist banker agenda. It was designed to get the US to accept draconian measures like the Patriot act.
That is easily seen as the result. What did Muslims gain?
WMDS 45 minutes be very afraid
Don't speak the truth, look at Dr David Kelly...

It is not enough to choose to not be terrorized because the real threat still exists. It may not be the obvious threat, it may be more subtle.
Furthering the myth that Muslims did 911 just perpetuates the "Terror"
911 was meant to cause.

Hence the correction Adevoc, your statement aids the real terrorists, as does the comments by Zacheria

The Bankers got the bail out money by threatening the US congress with a stock market crash, and dropped the the stock market to get them to acquiesce. they dropped the stock market to prevent an audit of the fed...
now the FED has just been given unprecedented control over the US economy by the most recent financial reform bill.

The closest thing to a cure is knowledge that isolates the actual danger and exposing the source to truth and putting a stop to it.
Advertising even is often about terror, often the treat doesn't even exit, but sometime the threat does exist, and exposing it and eliminating it is the only cure. or you get separated from something.
Like your money, your rights ,your property, your guns, your children...
your heritage, your culture your family etc.

By manipulating people into doing or accepting criminal acts, false flag terrorism is just taking it one step further.
Whether it is the Hells Angles, the Mob, the US, the offspring of a cloned cow in the food system, chem trails, west Nile virus, H1N1, Gay marriage, Muslims, mad cow, etc etc you name it...
to say the West isn't or won't be manipulated by Terror is just dishonest and a direct aid to the real terrorists.

The US and the WEST is totally run by terror...
To quote yet another Terrorist from a country which was created by the Zionist banker terroists...

"every time we do something you tell me Americans will do
this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear,
don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish
people control America, and the Americans know it." - Ariel Sharon

sorry for the Tangentlism
thank you for your time.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thank you, Dan. That's a great summary of how fear has been used to manipulate.

Two very simple things to take away from this thread.

1. Terrorism wins when we change our fundamental beliefs or actions and compromise our principles. For some it manifests as fear. For others it manifests as jingoism, or extreme patriotism in the form of aggressive foreign policy.

2. Politicians and the media are using Islam as the new focus of fear to manipulate and change our fundamental beliefs and actions. Just as they used Communists during the Cold War era.

In both, the psychological implications are strong.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Hence the correction Adevoc, your statement aids the real terrorists, as does the comments by Zacheria

Thanks and all but I will try this one last time. I was specifically addressing the people in the mosque thread that had expressed fear based on the act of 19 terrorists.

Even if 9/11 was pulled off by an angry god with magic weapons from space, what I was addressing was the specific fear based on the idea that 19 Muslim extremists pulled it off.

I was not addressing 9/11 or the reality of how subversion achieves great goals and it is all a chess game.

I was just addressing a current fear of Islam based on the fear born in the belief that 19 Muslims attacked us.

I really hope you can understand that now and why your correction seems out of place to me.

The point was terrorism, fear, blah blah. I was addressing a specific fear and it would be a detriment to the point to subjugate the true inspiration in order to pronounce some greater knowledge. Got it?

p.s. I get what you are saying. I do not disagree with anything you are saying. I am just trying to explain to you how the two things are not matching up.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

<<   2 >>

join