It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism: If you are not terrorized, it doesn't work.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Guess no one thinks this is an issue. Maybe it's been covered before or covered to death or people just don't care about they psychology of it all or don't care to think about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Maybe it is because this thread takes away the ability to just point and yell -Moslems is evil!!!! I am not sure people want to consider the deeper realities behind things. Remember this last election, there was a lot of talk about how stupid it was to be college educated and to think instead of just react. Intelligence was mocked as eggheadedness and the idea of trying to understand our enemy was one of the biggest punchlines out there.

Here you want to discuss the rationality behind terrorism and how nullified it becomes without terror and no one wants to bite. Have a thread about a mosque in NYC and there was no shortage of people ready to yell about how afraid they are.

I do not get it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That was a concise way of expressing it...
I admire that.

OK, Adevoc I'll lighten up.
In regards to the Mosque...
It is interesting to note that one of the main groups behind the mosque
is described as a Leftist Jewish group ( not my description, I stand against multi religionist Zionizm, never Jews), and that the reported result is not generally regarded as conciliatory, but is being reported as a slingshot effect of anger against Islam....
kinds seems odd....but par for the course

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You and Luc bring up a good point.

Personally I think the title speaks for itself
It’s an open and shut title.
Maybe another reason a subject/thread doesn’t go as expected is due to intent

If a person is blindsided, sure they react with fear a lot of times. Shock and fear.
However, when they are aware of tptb and that they are capable of blindsiding again but maybe not as bad this time, or maybe they decide to become even more deceptive, at another angle, regardless, it shouldn’t rule one’s life and emotions to the extent of it being the center of their universe and they orbiting around what they fear.

Fear is an emotion, imo, it’s a positive emotion that we should take into consideration in order to hopefully prevent harm against us or someone else.
For the majority, fear evolves into a need to understand then to possibly take precautions which leads to a better sense of confidence, which elimates fear and replaces it with common sense and a forward and healthy movement in one’s life.

Fight or flight I think plays a role.
Personally, I hit the flight button and hard! A great example is snakes…..(shudder
).
If I see one in my yard, I soil my drawers and take flight higher than any professional basketball player could imagine in his wildest dreams!
All that happens in the blink of an eye. By the time I hit the ground, I’m mad! I’m mad at the snake although it’s his yard too!
So I instinctively want to kill him as I feel the heat of the shock and fear overcome my skin causing me to sweat. Typically, I’ll look for the closest weapon but being such an astute and wise but soiled and sweaty girl, I come to my senses and freeze like Michelle O. when it’s bedtime!
Soon the snake, having his tri annually thrill, slithers away.
Knowing he exists and that he seems to like my yard, I don’t allow that to stop me from enjoying the yard, day or night. I don’t really think of him either.
That’s because my fear was warrented at the time but since it doesn’t rule me, since the emotion evolves into the next normal phase, I can say with pride, I don’t go around wearing soiled clothes. (sits up straight and proud).

I should add, if I knew of another being living in my yard, one that was once harmed but recovering or recovered totally…..
I have to say, it also has the right to occupy the yard. If by chance I think it may be harmed be it physically or emotionally however, I will feel the need to keep an eye on it or the one possibly threatening, I said Possibly.
No need to intervene if it’s holding its own. Last resort though, if I absolutely had to. Yes, I’d intervene for the sake of it’s right to be there and to exist, taking into account if it was there first or any other factors..
The reaction to intervene as a last case senerio would carry an element of fear, yes, but greater than that, it would be out of simple understanding and acceptance.
Do I care if I’m labeled for this, heck NO. (“heck” instead of hell for not wanting to lose even more points as I try even harder to deny ignorance

Emotions are natural and healthy and can save lives. Hopefully we can manage them, balance them in our day to day lives.
Fear creates all kinds of actions that might lead into constant daily reactions if not identified and managed.
One reaction could be name calling. When someone is used to being in control but then things happen and they find themselves going in circles instead of what they are used to, well lack of understanding can create fear. If fear isn’t identified by the person who is uneasy, then another kind of emotion/reaction might dominate.
For instance, labeling someone. If that label doesn’t work, then lets just try another one and another. Finally they start to ask questions. For instance, they might ask why good intensions don’t get the same reaction it used to get.
Intent might be why.

Best Regards,
Sl

Note: this is the opinion of this poster so take it for that please. If by chance I don't respond it's simply because this was just my opinion and all I can do is allow it to speak for itself regardless if it looks like I'm a fear mongering, racist, evil, anti religion, lying typical christian, emptyheaded ho! or just someone with a little bit of gas

Peace

[edit on 6-8-2010 by sweetliberty] and to an

[edit on 6-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I ordered that book from Oxford University. I'm also going to continue looking into the psychology of the effects of an event like 9/11, or hell even 9/11, on children who were of a certain age at the time and might have been ignored or seen too much as their parents stayed glued to the coverage. I think this effected everyone psychologically in one way or another and that people are definitely taking advantage of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

You might be interested in hearing Dennis Miller's take on it. He is like a textbook example of someone way too touched by something indirectly. I used to really like him way back in the day. I thought he was clever and I loved the fact that his references were so hard to get that his jokes made me feel smart for understanding them. He always seemed ready to mock the man in charge no matter who it was and speak out against the establishment. 9/11 happened and he went through a complete personality change.

I saw him on Bill Oreilly a few times talking about what an awesome president Bush was for keeping us safe and I was kind of in shock. No matter what anyone thought of Bush, this was not the type of thing he would say but he meant it and he was angry. After a few times, I googled "what happened to Dennis Miller?" and it seemed I was far from the only one asking. It did not take long to find a few interviews where he just stated that 9/11 scared the hell out of him and completely changed the way he saw everything. Then he spent the next 8 years calling Bush the greatest president ever. Even Bush supporters have a hard time going that far.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In places that are affected by terrorism this philosophy or as some call, open denial thinking, is mute. Its one thing to sit in your living room or board room and talk about how much you'll do this or that. But when the time comes to get with the program many have no clue as to the challenges that time will bring upon them.

I'm a supported of bringing our troops home and deploying them around the entire border of the US. Many issues would be solved by doing that.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
In places that are affected by terrorism this philosophy or as some call, open denial thinking, is mute. Its one thing to sit in your living room or board room and talk about how much you'll do this or that. But when the time comes to get with the program many have no clue as to the challenges that time will bring upon them.

Or how we will react, right?

I'm a supported of bringing our troops home and deploying them around the entire border of the US. Many issues would be solved by doing that.

That would make sense. I find it ironic how many of the very same politicians and leaders who screamed about terrorists and terrorism seemed to pay such little attention to our border and ports situations.

Use it as a convenient manipulation tactic to convince people to support wars, but don't really do anything concreted about it.

Is that hypocrisy or is that one of their agenda objectives conflicting with another?

But you're right...the money we spend "fighting them over there" could go miles to securing us better over here. Then again, think how much profit would be lost "over there."

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Been saying this awhile.

But my father gets upset and angry at the suggestion that we don't have to fear the terrorists.

Terrorism is a rallying point, used very well.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I see you've been following my posts.
Terror is only effective if it works. 911 was 9 years ago. No attack since then but it's still being played up? Why? The PTB WANT you to be afraid. Keeps them in business. And the media is more than willing to help them put.

One could as who are the real terrorists now?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Exactly.

You have posts on this? I'll have to check them out.

This is something a lot of us saw happen from 9/11 onward. The fear started for many people on that day on many levels.

Muslims I knew were terrified everyone would fear and hate them. That they'd be tossed into detention centers. That didn't happen, but...

Americans got so scared they allowed changes to our fundamental values, allowed the Constitution to be all but voided. Allowed pols and pundits to control their thoughts with it so that they supported bad wars, crazy spending of money, and hundreds of other irrational things.

It's a powerful tool.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

It's hard not to with the way we're bombarded from every direction. You've seen the clips on YouTube where they count the number of times pols and pundits say the words that are so meant to invoke the feelings of that day, right?

Not just war on terror either...war on drugs...crime...swine flu...whatever.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Makes me curious how many people have died from car crashes in the last 9 years. Where are all the fraidy cats screaming about the menace to society that is traffic? I imagine there is quite a long list of things people are in danger of dying from other than terrorist and yet, they still manage to keep people so scared.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You might love this thread..

Saw Dennis Miller on O'Reilly about recent topics and agree with you. Dude jumped the shark. He was downright...nuts.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yep. Still true.

Redux.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join