It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, Bombings in Northern Ireland.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Everyones human rights must be respected no matter what their religion is...bashing Protestant Orangemen for walking down a road is really stupid compared with bombers out to kill and maim

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Or shooting door men for doing their work

As you said your not listining to all the facts.

Control is the problem... Religion is a tool for control.. goverment is a tool for control..

The lads going out with bombs are no different than the lads beating orangemen.. there no different than you or me.. just fed bull# idoligy.. built up anger from lost family members and lack of education

[edit on 3-8-2010 by spungy]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spungy

Whilst it is stupid to suggest that The Troubles had anything other than religous differences and intolerance as it's primary source I think that this has been exploited by those who wish to control through fear.
Those self same people profiteered through both gun and drug smuggling, their associated activities and other illegal operations.

The para-militaries on both sides were both cowardly, murdering terrorists and racketerring gangsters who sought to exploit and manipulate the very communities they allegedly defended and represented.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
They walk past a few shops....they dont walk past no ones homes...it takes 60 seconds to pass by the shop fronts ....they walk in silence....its the only route to the city centre....

The Greater Ardoyne Residents Collective are a bunch of republican dissidents who threatened violence before the parade...Sinn Fein has even condemned this group as bunch of troublemakers and yeah....Republicans marched by the bottom of the Shankill Road a few weeks back and there was nt riots and bombings because of it.

Theres only one or two parades that are contentious anyway nowadays out of hundreds on both sides.

The biggest threat to peace is so called republican dissidents causing mass loss of life by one of their car bombs just like in Omagh when 29 men women children and an unborn child were murdered.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by The_Coo]

You seem to be the one ignoring the facts.

We can argue all day about the Orangemen marching through nationalist areas but it wont get us anywhere.

Look at the countless times the Orangemen march around the walls of my city in the cityside, which i might add is by far a predominantly catholic cityside, and on the grand scale of things these marchs do pass off relatively peacefully so you cant make out that everytime the orangemen march through a catholic area they get attacked.

I have already stated in a previous post that i found the riots in Ardoyne to be disgraceful. But i am still allowed an opinion and you should still look at things from both sides. The Ardoyne area at the centre of the debate is by far a predominantly catholic area, thats the entire point of the trouble, if it wasnt then there wouldnt be any trouble! and why exactly do the orangemen keep feeling the need to march through it? especially when they know how volatile things are.

Its just pointless.

I agree that republican dissidents are the biggest threat to peace here at the moment. The communites here should pull together to show their disgust at what the dissidents are trying to do. I dont think the Ardoyne march had any sway whatsoever on the bombing here recently, the dissidents would have done it regardless, they want to drag the people back to the past and they have no desire to look towards a peaceful future together as a people.

They are a very small minority but they can cause a huge problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I never made out they get attacked when they walk through a catholic area ...im stating that they dont walk through catholic areas in the way you are trying to portray....yes they may past by Catholic area like ardoyne but its kinda hard to avoid when protestant and catholic areas are right beside each other across Belfast.

Thats why i pointed out the Hunger Strike march a few weeks ago passing along the bottom of the Shankill area...sometimes this is the only way to get to certain parts of the city by passing by anothers so called territory.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I think it is imperative that people like yourself continue to speak out against these dissidents and I think it can't be stressed enough that they are very much in the minority and represent only a tiny porportion of The Catholic community in Northern Ireland and hopefully The Republic as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Does anyone see irony in the fact that princess will-i-am is dating a supposed "catholic" girl?
Sounds to me like the zionist "crown" has it's panties in a bunch to be crowned by The Pope.... a british "Emperor" ???
WE know not, but funny watching the queen think she's pulling a fast one on GOD!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I think it is imperative that people like yourself continue to speak out against these dissidents and I think it can't be stressed enough that they are very much in the minority and represent only a tiny porportion of The Catholic community in Northern Ireland and hopefully The Republic as well.

I would tend to agree with this. Good call Freeborn -I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already, LT. Just keep yourselves as safe and sound as possible. Everyone be vigilant about your surroundings. I'm sorry this is happening to all the innocents over there. There isn't a need for this nonsense.... I can't believe you were so close. Scary.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hmmm I always thought the conflict ended already and yet it actually still going on ?

When will people learn that bombs and bullet cannot talk.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hmm,so the Troubles continue,that is sad I would say that's what happens when you are brain washed by releigion but these wankers are not "christians." it's simply a group of thugs looking for power and these ex-IRA guys need to go.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pjl_u2

According to the current British line of succession, anyone who is Roman Catholic, becomes Roman Catholic, or marries a Roman Catholic is permanently excluded from the succession. This policy stems from the Act of Settlement of 1701, which was introduced under the reign of Queen Anne.

Not everything is a Papist plot and what is the nonsense about a 'British Emperor' and more to the point where is the relevance with this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

They get a bomb anywhere,they got one in the queens quarters before.. Question what are british troops on irish land for??? to protect!!
Well if you hadnt cleared the english prision of prisioners to come over and murder irish men and rape irish women [e.g THE BLACK AND TANS]
You wouldnt need protection,yous all make me sick on your moral high ground,while America/england destroy half the world .One bomb and everybody goes back on this #.
REALITY CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GOVERMENTS ARE DOING IT ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
iF ITS SO BAD GO PROTEST TO THEM

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
fOR EVERY ONE BOMB OVER POLITICS ,THERE IS 10 IN GANGLAND SECTOR!!! DONT HAVE PEOPLE THINKING iRELANDS BACK ON THIS!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
rublician freedom fighters dont you mean?????????????

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
another attack on an off duty soldier was carried out this morning luckily the bomb fell off the underside of his car and he was unhurt

these scumbags will kill again very soon unless the police crackdown hard for once.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by The_Coo]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Freedom fighters who kill innocent women and children indiscriminately?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

They get a bomb anywhere,they got one in the queens quarters before.. Question what are british troops on irish land for??? to protect!!
Well if you hadnt cleared the english prision of prisioners to come over and murder irish men and rape irish women [e.g THE BLACK AND TANS]
You wouldnt need protection,yous all make me sick on your moral high ground,while America/england destroy half the world .One bomb and everybody goes back on this #.
REALITY CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GOVERMENTS ARE DOING IT ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
iF ITS SO BAD GO PROTEST TO THEM

Maybe that should be more of a hunh?...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I agree. The majority of the catholic community here do not want to see this happening, we want an end to it. I did and still do support republicans and SinnFein as we were fighting for equal rights as a people. We now have equal rights, we now have our voices heard in government. There is no need to fight anymore. Its up to all over here to move forward and work harder at peace, we share this land together and theres no going back, we have to make it work as it is for future generations.

Those dissidents are not freedom fighters, we can have all the freedom and peace we want if we just work together, catholics are treated as equals now. The dissident republicans are intent on spoiling things for everyone, they have to be stopped. It does not sink in to them that this generation is quite happy moving forwards, why should the children here now have to put up with the fear of bombs when it is not necessary. Those bitter eejits do not represent the catholic people, they represent what bitterness is left over from the troubles.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
I never made out they get attacked when they walk through a catholic area ...im stating that they dont walk through catholic areas in the way you are trying to portray....yes they may past by Catholic area like ardoyne but its kinda hard to avoid when protestant and catholic areas are right beside each other across Belfast.

Thats why i pointed out the Hunger Strike march a few weeks ago passing along the bottom of the Shankill area...sometimes this is the only way to get to certain parts of the city by passing by anothers so called territory.

You know aswel as i do that its not simply a matter of 'but thats the only route we can take ' if thats the case other routes could be easily found and agreed upon by the marchers.

The orangemen have been doing it for years as a way to try and show their superiority over the catholic people by marching through their areas.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi! I spent a week and a half in Northern Ireland in 2005, and a week and a half in Southern Ireland in 2009 for vacation. I am part Irish, so I look Irish. Until I spoke with American accent people thought I was Irish. It was funny to see people's surprise. Anyways, Northern Ireland has better
road signs and public restrooms, and fancy wider roads than the Southern half of the Island. I did pass through check point areas where army men with machine guns were looking for ? in rush hour traffic. That was scary, we don't do that here in the states. The country is beautiful and both halves have their good points and bad points. Belfast is very modern and cultural. I really enjoyed their museums. I think they will lose a lot of tourist economy stimulation if they start scaring visitors away protesting via bombing.
But I can understand the Irish are out spoken, I am a decendent of Mathew Lyons who came to America as an identured servant, worked his way up to owning a newspaper in Vermont, becoming Senator of Vermont and then later Kentucky. He disagreed with President John Adams and was jailed for seditious remarks. I don't think John Adams was very popular at that time. I think this was around the war of 1812.
People should use their words to express themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join