It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, Bombings in Northern Ireland.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They call themselves the Real IRA....the leaders broke off from the Provos because they feel they sold them out...

Of course its up to the police to stop them...thats what law and order is about...I already said in a previous post that the Catholic community must do their bit to as well to rejects these terrorists and pass on information to the PSNI about terrorist activity.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They are terrorists not the bloody A Team....they dont make their weapons from scratch lol... they were well armed withshipments from Colonel Gaddaffi etc

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo

Of course its up to the police to stop them...thats what law and order is about...

Yes it IS upto the police to sort this out, but the sad fact is they wont, and probably couldnt without a bigger uproar. Riots, wider scale bombings and a lot more unrest than anyone needs at the minute are just a few reasons why they wont.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The Real IRA at present are incapable of conducting a wide scale bombing campaign in Northern Ireland as for the riots last month they had to bus in people from miles around tostart trouble in Ardoyne Belfast....and most of these were bored school kids as young as ten!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The Real IRA at present are incapable of conducting a wide scale bombing campaign in Northern Ireland as for the riots last month they had to bus in people from miles around tostart trouble in Ardoyne Belfast....and most of these were bored school kids as young as ten!!!!!!!!

I completely disagree with the riots that went on in Ardoyne, it was a disgrace, kids as young as ten rioting, there is no excuse for it.

But, should a good part of the blame not be laid on the Orangemen who were bused in from lots of diferent Protestant areas of Northern Ireland for the sole purpose of marching through a catholic area?, none of those orangemen could call that Catholic area their home!, would it really be so hard for them to just march through and bang their drums in their own areas instead of inciting violence by marching through a nationalist area, and shouting abuse at the people who live there?

Leaders of both communities in Ardoyne need to sit down and talk to work this issue out, something which has so far failed to happen and we can probably expect the same thing to happen again next year at marching season. Compromise's have to be reached for the sake of a peaceful community.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

My heart goes out to the people of Ireland. I've always watched Ireland and the goings on there. It is a beautiful culture and I'm proud to say my grandparents are from there. I hope and pray that the troubles end once and for all. I realize problems carry on for generations but this getting absurd these supposed brave IRA Republican fake soldiers and Ian Paisleys(sp?) Orange men fake soldiers are a bunch of cowards who have kept Ireland in the grip of terror, fear and guilt. These dogs could care less about the people. All the beauty of the people, music and the land would be ruined by a handful of malcontents. Shame on the militants.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Im glad you agree the rioting was wrong and its wrong no matter what side is doing it...

Orangemen werent bussed into Ardoyne....the Pride of Ardoyne band and a local lodge walk down past the shops in silence onto the Woodvale road....its an 80 metre walk past a few shops to get to the city centre....they already changed the route a few years back by going onto the Woodvale Road instead of straight on down the Crumlin Road past the Brompton Park which was a flashpoint in the past.

Both sides agreed that the band would walk past the shops in silence and local residents in Ardoyne would hold a silent peaceful protest sadly a local dissident group decided to hijack the protest and we know what followed

[edit on 3-8-2010 by The_Coo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sorry Im trying to read your post but Im getting distracted by your profile picture

On a serious note.

Im really sorry to hear that.

link   
Why are they attacking the armed forces?? Most so called disident attacks are on the police not the loyalst communitys.. They think there at war with the goverment not the people...

The riots are a completly seperate issue If you go waving your colours in the wrong nabourhood your gona run into trouble.. They are provoked organised riots every year to keep the seperation alive..

[edit on 3-8-2010 by spungy]

link   
double post

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Im glad you agree the rioting was wrong and its wrong no matter what side is doing it...

Orangemen werent bussed into Ardoyne....the Pride of Ardoyne band and a local lodge walk down past the shops in silence onto the Woodvale road....its an 80 metre walk past a few shops to get to the city centre....they already changed the route a few years back by going onto the Woodvale Road instead of straight on down the Crumlin Road past the Brompton Park which was a flashpoint in the past.

Both sides agreed that the band would walk past the shops in silence and local residents in Ardoyne would hold a silent peaceful protest sadly the a dissident group decided to hijack the protest and we know what followed

Oh that makes a change then, most years the orangemen come from all over, well in Derry they do, i have seen dozens of busloads of orangemen from all over the North come here to march in this city.

It does not change the fact that they do not live in Ardoyne's nationalist area, yet they insist on marching through it every year, and every year the police let them and allow them protected entry through a nationalist area, despite the residents association continuous pleas and protests. How do you think Orangemen/protestants would feel if busloads of catholics pulled into their neighbourhood and demanded to march through their area on a yearly basis? Do you really think it would be allowed? I doubt it. It would be accused as inciting violence.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

look what happened when they came to march in dublin... It was completly organised by both sides.. O connell st Happened to be a construction site the day the march was organised.. Word went out on republian websites there was a march, Dublin city council filled O connell st with bricks and steel bars.. The orangemen didnt even have to show up and all hell broke loose.. Stick a celtic jersey on a scumbag and hes a republian

It was prob organised by the irish goverment.. they just invited the orangemen knowing what would happen

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Your still ignoring the facts....

They walk past the shops on a main road that leads to the city centre not through a nationalist area

Protestants live in Ardoyne too you know...and have the right to use the main road to and from the city centre just as much as Catholics have the right too

I guess your totally against a republican hunger strike march that walked past the bottom of the Shankill Road last month???? Loyalists held a protest but didnt attack it.

And yeah thousands of Apprentice Boys will March in Londonderry 2 weeks but they walk in the city centre not through any republican areas. Its an annual celebration just like the Catholics will have their parades to remember the Easter Rising and also their parades on the 15th August

And no the policedont allow themto march...you are totally distorting the facts here...the Parades Commision makes a decision on contentious marches not the police.

Live and let live would solve a lot of probels

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What is there questions. whats the point why are they doin this, The republic cant afford the the north for a start how can ey explain that. also think about the republic voted the Lisbon #, why you fighting and for what

link   

Your still ignoring the facts....

They walk past the shops on a main road that leads to the city centre not through a nationalist area

Protestants live in Ardoyne too you know...and have the right to use the main road to and from the city centre just as much as Catholics have the right too

I guess your totally against a republican hunger strike march that walked past the bottom of the Shankill Road last month???? Loyalists held a protest but didnt attack it.

And yeah thousands of Apprentice Boys will March in Londonderry 2 weeks but they walk in the city centre not through any republican areas. Its an annual celebration just like the Catholics will have their parades to remember the Easter Rising and also their parades on the 15th August

Live and let live would solve a lot of probels

Actually you are wrong. They marched through a Nationalist area, The Greater Ardoyne Residents Collective have been campaigning against the route that takes the march through a Nationalist area and through a nationlist street. If they were not marching through a highy predominant nationalist area then there would not be a problem would there?

I just dont understand why the Orangemen are intent on stirring trouble by continuosly year after year marching through catholic streets, and for what reason? Tell me how many times do nationalists do this in comparison? how many times have catholics insisted on marching through protestant areas? and what road was that you said they marched along to honour the dead hunger strikers?

And yes i have seen the apprentice boys many times over the years marching along the city walls whilst shouting abuse over the sides.

Yes people do need to live and let live, the people here need to make this easier on eachother by working together to find peaceful solutions, that means people have to be willing to sit down together and be able to compromise about things.

link   
Fair enough different strokes for different folks.. Marching is der culture and tradition but it is provokeing and to cause seperation ... any march by any side is provokeing and the fact there is 2 sides means its still working.. All the red white and blue curbs.. murals on the sides of houses is so we cant move past it..

Look were all from this gorgeous little island if it wasnt for the british goverment.. the irish goverment.. the queen and the pope we have it all to ourselfs.. and we'd all march up the street drinking and laughing

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Troubles will only return to Northern Ireland if the people of Northern Ireland allow them to.

Of course all isn't perfect but massive progress has been made thanks to the efforts of many people from both sides.

The activities of these scum bags need to be resisted at all costs.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They walk past a few shops....they dont walk past no ones homes...it takes 60 seconds to pass by the shop fronts ....they walk in silence....its the only route to the city centre....

The Greater Ardoyne Residents Collective are a bunch of republican dissidents who threatened violence before the parade...Sinn Fein has even condemned this group as bunch of troublemakers and yeah....Republicans marched by the bottom of the Shankill Road a few weeks back and there was nt riots and bombings because of it.

Theres only one or two parades that are contentious anyway nowadays out of hundreds on both sides.

The biggest threat to peace is so called republican dissidents causing mass loss of life by one of their car bombs just like in Omagh when 29 men women children and an unborn child were murdered.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Its a damn shame!

Northen Ireland (and its inhabitant) have come along way in the past 8 years. For these eejits (lol) to break that is insane.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Were all cought in this web of corruption and control there keeping us fighting ourselfs so we dont fight them..

I know a lad who was shot twice in the head the other night by so called dissident republicans.. In reality he was working as a door man in dublin and stoped drug dealers dealing in the pub he was working for... Drugdealers and scumbags ur dealing with not political activists..

reply to post by The_Coo

I cant believe your defending the Orangemen here on ATS of all places.. A society that base there Hierarchy on masonic systems who meet in Lodges and have Grand masters.. The first thing I learnt about brootherhood was its to cause seperation and delay spritural eveloution..

Read the gods of eden..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join