It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
One of the few people who still hasn't vomitted this propaganda out:

Yes it is pretty violent. But no more violent than Iran stating they would use nukes on Isreal.

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by virgom129

I want a regime change in all Islam countries. They need a system of government that is not run by their religion. They need to be more objective, and more receptive to outside influences.

And one of the few people who still is ignorant of history.

Many Muslim majority countries tried Democracy, it was the US which assasinated them, implemented coups against them, even used proxy wars against them.

Do you remember Iran?
Do you remember Iraq?

link   
reply to post by TheOrphic

Why do you want a regime change in Isreal. Why not let their country be, and you worry about yours?

This is not an attack, I am asking someone that has lived in an area of the world that I have not a real question to better understand his train of thought.

link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Ok direct quote from my brother in region at the moment.

"War is breaking out"

Direct quote from me "Why should I believe you have a brother over there?"

link   
Guys, this incident could have serious ramifications and is far from over. We have a chance to get information from members in the region and yet we have high octane toing and froing raking over emotive subjects that have little relevance to the thread. Orphic, if you are still up for it, then it would be great to see how this gets played out your end.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Regensturm

Irans link to Osama demonstrated in the following link

www.meforum.org...

And by the way I am not attacking his character, but the violence of his reliogion and country. If he is not capable of a logical debate, that is not my problem

I didn't state this, but I am a Christian lebanese, not a muslim, but I have many muslim friends. The only problem I have with you is your hate of Islam which is not as bad as the media portrays it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Iran has a long history of aggression.. in the 70's they attempted foment rebellion in Iraq and made preperations to invade Iraq.. they were beat to the punch by Iraq though and a bloody filled war ensued for 8 years (beginning in 1980)

Quoting Saddam's Iraq propaganda! I love it.

It was Iraq who invaded Iran in 1980, not vice versa. It was Saddam who was the aggressor, armed and supported by the West, but I guess you'll support Saddam and his aggression against Iran in an attempt to portray Iran as the aggressor no matter what the cost.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

He claims his brother works for Al-Jazeera.

Last thread he stated his brother is placed in Gaza, I think?

link   

I do not hate the religion of Islam in reality. I hate their oppresive idealolgoy that is oppresive to any that are not converted.

link   

Why do you want a regime change in Isreal. Why not let their country be, and you worry about yours?

This is not an attack, I am asking someone that has lived in an area of the world that I have not a real question to better understand his train of thought.

Well because their current regime is responsible of acts like today. If they had left Lebanon alone, I wouldn't be for a change in their government. I do not mind Israel, it's the people that run it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I do not hate the religion of Islam in reality. I hate their oppresive idealolgoy that is oppresive to any that are not converted.

I do too, but again I tell you, only the extremists think like that, if it wasn't the case then I wouldn't be alive since most of my friends are Muslims.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Quoting Saddam's Iraq propaganda! I love it.

It was Iraq who invaded Iran in 1980, not vice versa. It was Saddam who was the aggressor, armed and supported by the West, but I guess you'll support Saddam and his aggression against Iran in an attempt to portray Iran as the aggressor no matter what the cost.

He probably doesn't even know where the Chemical and Biological weapons came, which was used against Iran.

He probably doesn't even know how the Baath party came to power? And how Iraq was a Democracy before the CIA backed coup.

He sounds like he has been watching FOX news and borrow some of their rhetorics.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Perhaps it is both nations inability to communicate, and lack of mutual respect that is causing the problems.

The actions that took place today could easily be blamed on either nation. If the two nations had open dialogue, it never would have happened.

It seems to me the entire problem is a result of mutual fear, and mutual unwillingness to communicate.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12

Originally posted by jonny2410
Ok direct quote from my brother in region at the moment.

"War is breaking out"

Direct quote from me "Why should I believe you have a brother over there?"

Well you don't have to believe anything...

As a poster above me said yes my brother works for Al-Jazeera and is stationed in Gaza.

Admittedly he was not in the area of the hostilities today but he provided me with information from his sources.

The most interesting thing he told me was that at the time of the incident in Lebanon, IDF jets were flying over Gaza at the same time.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

The 9-11 Commission?....

Are you serious?!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I want a regime change in all Islam countries.

Do you notice the hypocrisy in your two statements above?????

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Perhaps it is both nations inability to communicate, and lack of mutual respect that is causing the problems.

The actions that took place today could easily be blamed on either nation. If the two nations had open dialogue, it never would have happened.

It seems to me the entire problem is a result of mutual fear, and mutual unwillingness to communicate.

But we don't violate their territory, never, if we somehow did they would bomb us to kingdom come! Any violence between Israel and Lebanon, was started by Israel first. Why do you think Hezbollah exists today? It is a resistance that was created during the 80s after Israel invaded Lebanon for the second time, and if it wasn't for them, they never would have left.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It is my understanding that Hezbollah has become an organization that uses tactics similar to those of the IRA. These tactics, only kill innocents, and rarely have any military significance. Using suicide bombers, is not a way to form a regime change. It only entrenches the current regime and units the people of Isreal under their government against you. A new tactic needs to be developed by Hezbollah. Killing civilians is what I hate more than anything, and it seems to be all that they do.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

My nuke all arabs was intended to make a point and for shock value. I all but apologized for that but if that is not enough

I am sorry.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join