It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather be a sheep than a man who lives in fear.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by RRokkyy

Nice, love your unbiased source, well done.

Yes that was sarcasm

I am biased against religion,all of them.

Why dont you tell us the ten things you like best about the muslim religion?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's kind of hard not to be a bit fearful when much of the food we eat is GM modified, chemtrails keep appearing in the skies, flouride in the water, etc. And the police keep messing people up. If you are not afraid, you aren't paying attention!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
People seem to be saying that it’s not the fault of the authors the OP is talking about because they are only providing the information and it is therefore how he is interpreting the information. Let’s face it on ATS we often discuss how the government is fear mongering by spreading disinformation, is what these authors are doing really any different? Don’t you all see that your fascination with conspiracies is providing them with a market and the more fear they preach and the louder they should the bigger their market becomes. Do you really believe that if they didn’t make any money from book sales, they would bother writing this stuff?

They make all their money by spreading lies and fear, this has driven the OP to the brink and all you brainwashed people can do is criticise him for seeing the light. He, by ignoring this stuff is probably now the least ignorant among us. Really what is wrong with you people don’t you understand that for these authors who you hold in such high regard it’s all about the money and nothing to do with the truth and consequences.

Why do any of you even care that he has chosen to ignore what all these fear mongers are saying its not like its going to directly effect you’s in anyway, the only people it will affect are the book sales of these ignorant bullies who prey on the fearful and stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have been into the doom and gloom fantasies since about 3 years ago. I have some to a realization that even though there are monsters our there, we have the good guys who counter balance the equation.

Think about it, how much evil, deception, and manipulation is used in the media to make you fear? They use that because fear sells itself. If it didn't than we wouldn't have guys jumping out of the sky in parachutes or people who bungee jump. People live for fear and thrill.

Do you guys honestly think that the news would report that Dr. so-and-so saved another life? They would be all over the news if Dr. so-and-so accidentally killed Frank.

Frankly, I understand our obsession doom and gloom. It gives us the feeling of being on the edge and alive.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

People seem to be saying that it’s not the fault of the authors the OP is talking about because they are only providing the information and it is therefore how he is interpreting the information. Let’s face it on ATS we often discuss how the government is fear mongering by spreading disinformation, is what these authors are doing really any different?

Yes it is. The government is the official source and reaches almost everyone, and most people accept what they say as truth, they are in a position of power and trust, it's different from random people claiming all sorts of stuff.

And people that fall for government fear mongering have themselves to blame also.

Don’t you all see that your fascination with conspiracies is providing them with a market and the more fear they preach and the louder they should the bigger their market becomes. Do you really believe that if they didn’t make any money from book sales, they would bother writing this stuff?

I never, ever spent a dime on conspiracy theory in the five years of being interested in CT. I think this goes for the majority of us.

You have this notion that every CT blindly follows these people, and spends money on them, wich is total BS, and a figment of your imagination.

I asked you this before, what is your ultimate goal?

You seem intent on attacking and descrediting CT in general, like CT's don't even exist, or never existed.

They make all their money by spreading lies and fear, this has driven the OP to the brink and all you brainwashed people can do is criticise him for seeing the light. He, by ignoring this stuff is probably now the least ignorant among us. Really what is wrong with you people don’t you understand that for these authors who you hold in such high regard it’s all about the money and nothing to do with the truth and consequences.

The inability to deal with "stuff", has driven the OP to the brink, and I don't even believe his "story" is sincere.

He is not even seeing the "light", he claims that he still believes in CT's, but he actually acts like a skeptic to protect himself from the "fear caused by CT's".

He is actually sticking his head in the sand, by his own admission. No light there.

Why do you keep acting like these authors are the most important pieces to a CT?

They're not, most people think for themselves, and these authors are just a small part of conspiracy theory.

People like you actually seem to give them more attention as CT'ers themselves, almost every Alex Jones thread here on ATS, is made by skeptics dissing him.

Why do any of you even care that he has chosen to ignore what all these fear mongers are saying its not like its going to directly effect you’s in anyway, the only people it will affect are the book sales of these ignorant bullies who prey on the fearful and stupid.

Yes, ignore is the right word. He ignores what he actually believes. You think it's a good thing to ignore your own beliefs?

Why do you care about all this? Does it affect you personally?

You are whining about a problem you made up yourself. Most people never spend a dime on these authors, and almost all info is available on the net for free.

What is your agenda?

the only people it will affect are the book sales of these ignorant bullies who prey on the fearful and stupid.

You keep reminding my of another poster. Not sure.

Maybe...maybe not.

I also feel there is a connection between you and the OP.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

This tells me so much about you, kevinunknown. Im disappointed but I cant say I did not suspect it from your previous postings.

We all have our own path. I wish you luck on yours.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

You haven’t addressed anything I have said, there is no difference between the scare mongering the government do and the scare mongering the conspiracy theorists community do other that the government can reach more people. There probably a further difference in that the government scare mongering is usually based on more fact that the conspiracies, and its less bias. You might not have spent any money on any conspiracies, but there will be many on ATS who have an entire personal liberally full of conspiracy material. Also worth noting is the revenue these conspiracy site generate from advertisements

I have no agenda, I am not “anti-conspiracy” and I don’t have any connection with this OP and for the record I only have one ATS account. This paranoia of yours that I might be connected to the OP is only as a result of the realisation that this thread actually validates what I have been saying all along “conspiracies can be dangerous”. The idea that a site with hundreds of people running around shouting “the world is going to end in the next year” is not in any way dangerous of any of its member is just total ignorance, no worse than that, its stupidity.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I know you are fond of this subject but the OP's posting history doesn't actually support his Opening Piece.

In fact any thread I have ever seen him post on he has been anti-conspiracy in every regard, and vehemently so.

Further his citation of his fear of FEMA Concentration Camps is almost beyond absurd since he actually lives in the UK, or has claimed to live in the UK on other threads he has posted on.

I wouldn't go so far as to say you might be colluding with him, but I would go so far as to state I think his opening post is a pure fabrication for the purpose of an agenda of his own.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You haven’t addressed anything I have said, there is no difference between the scare mongering the government do and the scare mongering the conspiracy theorists community do other that the government can reach more people.

I honestly think what appears to be extreme bias on your part prohibits you from seeing is that the conspiracy world is not made up of solely theorists, but buffs as well.

When you sign on to ATS you join the ranks of conspiracy buffs, even if your interest is a skeptical one.

Conspiracy theorists, true conspiracy theorists are first and foremost investigators.

Like any other investigator be it a police detective, a private detective or insurance investigator, investigating always entails two things, theory and speculation as to who had motive and opportunity, and active pursuit of evidence to either prove or eliminate that theory or speculation.

We know from the law enforcement, judicial and prison world that often the wrong people are sent to jail, even after exhaustive years long investigations by skilled and trained investigators that have all the governments resources at their disposal. Years sometimes decades later new evidence surfaces that often then establishes the originally accused and condemned innocence and very often someone else’s guilt.

Two important things to note, one is it can take decades to track down absolute evidence, so just because someone can not completely prove a theory with evidence that supports it today does not mean in the course of time that they won’t.

Two is that conclusions drawn and even apparently proven sometimes then later in light of new evidence turn out to be false.

Conspiracy buffs, do little theorizing, or investigating beyond formulating some broad based fears and assumptions in regards to the conspiracies they expose themselves too.

Conspiracy theorists however are dedicated to the truth through an ongoing investigative process and like any good investigator are only interested in ultimately discovering the truth. They are indifferent to what that truth might actually signify. In other words the true conspiracy theorist doesn’t particularly care that FEMA is building a series of concentration camps, they only care about the truth of them being built and why.

What you are in fact witnessing Kevin is that the governments have done such an abysmal job at education and disseminating full and complete accurate information and running the nations in fiscally responsible and peaceful ways that a greater and greater number of people no longer trust the governments or the media and this is in fact leading to a rash of rather ordinary everyday concerned people seeking out alternative news sources and answers for this dismal and often perplexing state of affairs.

Hence many people now show up on ATS who are neither conspiracy buffs nor theorists, but simply concerned people looking for answers that they intuitively or instinctively feel that the government has not provided.

This has created a whole new entertainment market that studious capitalists’ every where are increasingly looking to profit off of and capitalize on.

Conspiracy theorists don’t live in fear Kevin, and they don’t draw rash conclusions, and even once they have drawn conclusions they continually seek out evidence that might take years or decades to uncover.

This is a vital and critical process because history is fraught with one conspiracy after another, sometimes the scope of which are not known for not just decades but centuries.

If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen, but for pity’s sake if you or anyone else is going to choose to be in the kitchen, understand it is a kitchen, and what goes in a kitchen.

Where you and others are missing the boat is you literally imagine if you are just outspoken enough in being critical of a process you have yet to even fully come to understand that the process will change.

It truly offends the more serious members at times, I know because they have told me.

Rather than you focusing on the true conspiracy theorists and doing quality investigation and research of your own that might sway them to pursue another avenue of investigation or develop a different perspective or theory, you seem to be focused on a far less experienced and skilled crowd of people, and how they immerse themselves into the conspiracy world, and have tried to portray that select few as being representative of something it’s not representative of.

Some of us on ATS are actively investigating, exchanging information, sharing speculations, running down and eliminating and confirming suspicions and theories through that process.

Do you really imagine your anti-conspiracy world rants, and desire to dominate ATS and the process with a highly biased purpose in mind by being highly critical of the environment and a minority of people in it is really productive or conducive to that process?

Personally I think you should spend a little less time trying to teach others, and a lot more time objectively considering and investigating the entire extent of the world you live in and leave the site’s administration and policies up to the site’s owners.

Further what some posters like the OP don’t understand what you post on ATS stays on ATS, and if such people really want to convince others that there are no such things as conspiracies, they really are defeating themselves, when their own posting histories don’t substantiate the stories and views they are trying to sell people.

[edit on 5/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just take it all with a grain if salt and live as you would usually. Should that information be true, you have an advantage and are mentally prepared but for the moment there is no point in stressing out over what may not come to pass for some time if at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I personnaly doesn't agree with what you just said. I'd rather know the truth about my own world instead of doing what people expects me to. (Sorry for ruined sentences, I`m from Quebec...) I did a text, in a complete opposite opinion of yours. I learned that I was supposed to be the only master of my life.

Also, the Suicide should NEVER be a solution, this will not help at all! Thinking about your family, friends, and so on, you realize that they may be your ONLY way to supress this fear in your mind. Now one week ago, a girl commit suicide by creating an intentionnal crash accident. We do not know the reasons yet, but she took the time to say on facebook with her cellphone

«I`m now driving at 200km/h, I love you all, you`ll miss me.» (In french for sure). The police still wants to determine why the hell she did that, was she lonely? Sad? or... maybe she was afraid about her fear! The worst in this story, his dad was getting maried in the next month, maybe you can think about the sadness her family will have... for a long ** time!

Sorry to the mods, I do assume that my English vocabulary isn't perfect, but I wanted to express mysel on this thread. GL my friend, get some sleep also, this may help!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This paranoia of yours that I might be connected to the OP is only as a result of the realisation that this thread actually validates what I have been saying all along “conspiracies can be dangerous”.

Actually, I suspected the OP to be a made up story with a specific agenda, way before you entered this thread.

You started caliming this story backs up your previous work, wich made it even more suspect.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join