It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swampgas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I have a question that may sound silly at first, but I am serious about this, well more or less.

I have allways wondered about the swampgas explanation for some ufo sightings.

Instead of looking at a ufo pic that could be or could not be swamp gas, I then tried to find pictures of swamp gas. Well this was not really succesfull.

Can anyone point me to a picture or video of swampgas that can be mistaken for a ufo? Does it self ignite or glow in a way? I have really no idea.

Maybe the swampgas thing was a joke to begin with, and I am not getting it, but if swampgas is supposed to be an honest explanation I would like to see some pics.

Thanks for your time and now back to work

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I dont know what the hell this is all about but it seems a likely explanation for all those aliens,its even got cows in it ,aliens like cows,right?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wow, now that you mention it I second this motion!! xD

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
Can anyone point me to a picture or video of swampgas that can be mistaken for a ufo? Does it self ignite or glow in a way? I have really no idea.
Well it doesn't look like a UFO close up, but it could look like a flickering light in the distance. What I've always wondered about is the ignition source. I don't know if it can ignite spontaneously. Apparently this gas was ignited by a person intentionally:

www.flickr.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25a4ff6f2564.jpg[/atsimg]

The rotting leaf creates methane gas that gets trapped in the ice, like gaspockets. When you make a little hole in the pocket, and lights it, it burns. I use a match. (No manipulation)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, that is a start thank you very much! Does not look very convincing as of yet, but lets see what else people might find.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Sorry, double post. Mods please delete. Thanks

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Nightaudit]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you want to know if UFOs are real go to google video
and search for NBC confirmation, and watch the full length
documentary there.

They show some that are likely fake, but some that are
likely quite real.

At the end of the show it pretty much had me convinced
that UFOs are real.

As for swamp gas, that is pretty lame.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thanks fpr your reply, but I am allready very much convinced that ufos exist. If they are of extra-terestial origin, I don´t know. But ufo´s that display behaviours that no normal plane could perform are definately real.

There is waaaayyyyyy to much first hand testimony from credible witnesses like pilots and especiall military personal.

The intent of this thread was to pose a challenge to the debunkers, that usually come with the "weatherbaloon or swampgas" answer.

I just wanted to turn the thing around a see a picture of swamp gas that actually could be mistaken for a flying object.

But thanks for the hint anyway.

join