It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all female ATS members, who support the ways of the middle east.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I just don't like ignorance or people pretending to know everything although it is just the opposite.
Funny, I thought the same thing(kinda) when you told Stormdancer: "you know sooo very little."

It is kind of funny, not like 3-eyed baby funny, like haha funny.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Azar Nafisi: Is Islam hostile to women?
bigthink.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

All these atrocities should be called out and discussed. As this thread talks of the treatment of women, I will throw genital mutilation into the bag.

Experts estimate that between 500 and 2,000 UK girls face genital mutilation this summer, when they can be "cut" during the school break without anyone questioning their absence. Female genital mutilation involves the cutting off of girls' external genitalia, including the clitoris. Some 63,000 women in the UK have suffered genital mutilation and 20,000 girls are at risk.

Full article

Now this goes on throughout the world and I have yet to hear a logical reason for its practice.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Was that an answer to me?
If yes, I really shouldn't argue with trolls.

Obviously you are trying to get me to shut up.

No matter what, you are educated as a typical orientalist, who think that there are some evil and enemy to your culture (in your position, it is Islam or ME countries or 3d world countries).
You thought I am a Muslim, but you were wrong, I am an agnostic,
you are thinking I am a male dominant woman oppresor, but I wrote 3 articles on male hegemony, both in advanced capitalist counties and in muslim countries In those articles I tried to examine some similarities and difference. So, you are again wrong.
You are thinking and labeling that way, because you know that I am coming from a muslim country. Sorry but I know such thinking mechanism very well, actually I worked on it. First of all you have to reflect on yourself, but this reflection can not be with meditation, but with trying to learn and read what REALLY was going on, and is going on today. I knw it is a hard work, but try.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I just don't like ignorance or people pretending to know everything although it is just the opposite.
Funny, I thought the same thing(kinda) when you told Stormdancer: "you know sooo very little."

It is kind of funny, not like 3-eyed baby funny, like haha funny.

Yes you are right, it was a wrong statement. Sometimes one should shut his/her mouth up and keep the truth to him/herself.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Brazilian president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has stepped into the international outcry over Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, the Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery, by offering his country as a refuge, a move which raised hopes her life will be spared.

The surprise offer prompted an immediate reaction from Iran, which considers Brazil a key ally. Iranian officials softened their tone with Ashtiani's family over the weekend and official media reported full details of the story for the first time.

"I don't think Iran can ignore Brazil as easily as it ignored other countries," Ashtiani's son, Sajad, told the Guardian today. "It is very important that Brazil, as one of Iran's most significant allies in the world, has offered a haven for my mother."

www.guardian.co.uk...

How many more Ashtiani's will remain nameless and faceless?

I think the apologist have blood on their hands.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Now this goes on throughout the world and I have yet to hear a logical reason for its practice.

Yes it does, and I think the ones trying to silence us on this subject are the hate mongers, and have to wonder what motivates them .

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Pffff....nobody trying to silence you.
Why don't you go out of your little town in Texas and visit your famous "3rd world countries"? I promise I will be your guide.
By the way, I never accept what is going on in Iran. I am just against your labeling techniques.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think this thread has brought up some very serious issues, all worthy of threads of their own. However the original purpose of this thread was designed to do something else I think. We need to get back on track and pick these discussion points up in another thread with a well constructed opening statement.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

I think this thread has brought up some very serious issues, all worthy of threads of their own. However the original purpose of this thread was designed to do something else I think. We need to get back on track and pick these discussion points up in another thread with a well constructed opening statement.

OK, you start.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Alright, I will put some thought into a few things and see what I come up with. I am sure it will get heated!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I could say the same thing about women in the USA that are beaten repeatedly by their husbands and never do a thing about it because they are AFRAID. Should I watch it happen and do nothing?

I think not, in this country it would be breaking a law.

Certainly if you see abuse you should report it. Aside from that what else can you do when a woman refuses to leave or press charges? Cops see it all the time. Should they lock the woman up for her own protection? I've known women in abusive relationships some get out but others keep returning to those same kinds of men. I don't think fear alone is what drives them.

I keep hearing about all the progressive modern muslim women well why aren't they actively helping and lending their support? Do they just watch it happen and choose to do nothing? The majority of the world hates us the ME just wants us out and Americans are tired of war. I'll ask it again what do you suggest?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I keep hearing about all the progressive modern muslim women well why aren't they actively helping and lending their support? Do they just watch it happen and choose to do nothing? The majority of the world hates us the ME just wants us out and Americans are tired of war. I'll ask it again what do you suggest?

There are many muslim women voicing their support for those women who suffer oppression and there are many who risk their lives to do so, but there are many none muslim women too, and some of them are even men. Amnesty International works very hard to identify individual cases of oppression, to identify and provide legal representation and to highlight them for what they are, crimes against humanity under international law. They get lip service from the governments of the 'free west' who then use that as an excuse, when it suits them, to wage economic war against those nations and thereby worsen the conditions under which those women have to live, or they launch an occupation that completely destroys what little safety, support and unity that they may have had. Either way, in both those 'solutions', even greater crimes against humanity are committed and the suffering all merges together into statistics. Slow and steady wins to the race. In many developing countries, where women have traditional been seen as second class citizens, NGOs have worked with women's groups, and have helped to significantly improve the lives of those women by helping them to gain economic independence from the 'men' and start their own businesses, in ways that improve the social mobility and educational opportunities for all females in a sustainable way. Which means not only do the women help themselves but by doing so, they ensure a better chance for their daughters too, creating a legacy that will inevitably lead to total emancipation. Seems like a proven plan to me. And it costs a whole lot less than war, both monetarily and in human terms.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thank you very much Kilgore Trout. Don't you all see? There are people that are ACTUALLY INVOLVED! People that are speaking out and doing whatever they can to put a stop to this. There is only so much someone can do, but arguing here on ATS is not doing a d*mn thing!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thank you very much Kilgore Trout. Don't you all see? There are people that are ACTUALLY INVOLVED! People that are speaking out and doing whatever they can to put a stop to this. There is only so much someone can do, but arguing here on ATS is not doing a d*mn thing!

amen, there should be nothing to argue about,

and TY, KT

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
Simple, go there. Do not go there as a tourist. Actually live there. Have a child there. There is a big difference in how the middle east countries treat the "tourists". Vs how they treat their own. Actually live there, See what you are forced to do. Not "asked" to do, "forced". God forbid you have a child, with a local father. At that point, you are theirs, simple and sweet. You are no longer a human being. You are lower than a slave. You are a woman under the laws of the Muslim religion, in a Muslim controlled country. I envite every one of you, who are bound to attack this post to move there and learn the truth. Do not guess. Do not retaliate under the pretense of something you have no idea about, just go and see.

Been there, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Let's keep it simple, culturally they are happy. Just like Westerns are culturally happy that their husbands beat them all the time after coming home drunk.

Same *crap* different smell.

What you shouldn't do, is blame it on Islam. And what I wouldn't do, is to blame it on Democracy.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by oozyism]

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I am a female member of this board.I am also
anti-muslim,pro-Israel and a fundamental christian.
[snip]...

Why in the world are you pro Israel when they believe Jesus was a drunk, womanizing heretic?

They still believe that you know, They kiss your arse because of the money you send them.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I find the top post by the male here to be chocked full of irony. This man decrees that stupid females must see the middle east unlike males, who apparently already know all things since we are, after all males. And then the patronizing command from one man to all females, listen to the man here or you don't know anything! Spare the feminism shroud pall. Sounds like Shari'a law would be to your liking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If black people were being enslaved in the Middle East, people would be crying bloody murder. Women? Ah, that's okay .. it's just the Muslim "culture". Bullsh1t.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal
If black people were being enslaved in the Middle East, people would be crying bloody murder. Women? Ah, that's okay .. it's just the Muslim "culture". Bullsh1t.

If you didn't watch FOX news too much there would be discussion here, but obviously you are not looking for a discussion, you just want to throw rhetorics around.

Useless

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join