It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will take over America? The Mexicans or the Muslims?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Apparently there is a lot we should fear.

Pollution
Global Warming
Earthquakes
Volcanoes
Tornadoes/Hurricanes
Cancer
Pedophiles
Terrorists
TPTB

But none seem to be more a threat to our way of life than Illegal Immigrants and Muslims. According to some, both groups want to completely take over America and turn us into some third world Spanish-speaking country or a country governed by Sharia Law explicitly laid out in the Qua'ran.

So which is it? Who will prevail? The Mexicans or the Muslims? Will the rest of us who don't fit into those categories have to just sit back and watch the Mexicans and Muslims fight for control of our hearts, minds, and government?

Should we start a pool? I'll take the Mexicans. Most of us already know a little spanish and we love Mexican food.

I hate that I have to do this, but given that we still haven't developed the sarcasm font, I should explain that this is, in fact, sarcasm and a way to show the absurdity of these notions

MY (not so well stated) POINT IS:

Who gives a crap about Mexicans and Muslims when our VERY OWN government are the ONLY ones responsible for taking away our constitutional rights on the basis that we need to be mainly afraid of these two groups of people.

edit: changed "illegals" to "Mexicans" in the title.
edited again to make sure people get what I am trying to say
*sigh* edited because html doesn't like capital b's apparently

[edit on 30-7-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would say stupid, blind people who only get angry when their masters forget to feed them. Otherwise, they are completely contempt and defend the status quo.

Ohoo, wait, that happened a while ago. #

What was the question again?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Since I cant say what I think about your post without breaking ATS rules, I will just say this...

Deny ignorance. PLEASE?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Haha, you should see Europe. If you're concerned about certain groups of people with different religious views and skin color taking over the United States, just know that you've got it quite nice.

If that was sarcasm, I guess you can disregard my post.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by SinkingSun]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A strange breed of Americans will take America, it will be beautiful..

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I'm sure you can elaborate in a constructive way. I believe I am promoting the ideology of denying ignorance in that it is absurd that we have been fooled into blaming this enemy or that for the fall of America, when it is the American government who is responsible for it's coming demise unless we stop this nonsense about which "outsider" to blame.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

Not sure if that was aimed directly at me, but I think if you reread my post you will see that I am absolutely NOT concerned with skin color or religion.

link   
I vote for mexicans because well, I am one. I would rather lead than follow but you should know that I support the constitution and separation of church and state. Oh im not illegal either

link   

Originally posted by nunya13

I'm sure you can elaborate in a constructive way. I believe I am promoting the ideology of denying ignorance in that it is absurd that we have been fooled into blaming this enemy or that for the fall of America, when it is the American government who is responsible for it's coming demise unless we stop this nonsense about which "outsider" to blame.

You're aware he said that because he likely didn't realize it was sarcasm, and he likely didn't even read your post? He likely just read the title and posted. Same for the poster below him.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by SpectreDC]

link   
With any luck: The people will take over America.

I don't play games of divide and conquer. I'm not on the company payroll.

Good for you, S&F!

[edit on 30-7-2010 by 0zzymand0s]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The thing that makes us strong is diversity, freedom and the will of men to make a better life for themselves and their family. We should welcome those that epitomize the above. The second we hinder those things and those people is the moment we lose.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It won't be the muslims. They ceased to exist nearly 4 years ago.

Mexicans are usually Catholic...and Catholics won't exist in 13 Days.

I think no one group will have the strength to take over America and each will have to rely on collaboration and cooperation with everyone else.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well, that I can agree with, absolutely. I wasnt aware that the spanish or the mexicans were painted as the fall guys for your country going down the drain. Is it the mass media doing that?

Its the government, the private bankers and the secret government who is responsible and nobody else.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
In some instances they are both sneaking in together and the joke writing possibilities are endless.

Mo-Mexican
MoMex.
Mexihamed
Mojado meets Mohamed

Since most Mexicans are devout Catholics, any Muslims traveling through the desert alongside the illegals would be foolish if they ever attempted to get them to convert or die.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Who gives a crap about Mexicans and Muslims when our VERY OWN government are the ONLY ones responsible for taking away our constitutional rights on the basis that we need to be mainly afraid of these two groups of people.

Very well put.

Muslim terrorists never took away our freedom. It was our government that gave them victory by taking away our freedom in response to their actions.

Mexican immigrants never took away our freedom. It is the government and right-wing "papers, please" agenda playing out in Arizona that aims to take away our freedom. Soon we will all be issued national ID cards, but at least there won't be brown people mowing our lawns, right?

Yet still there is a vitriolic response against these two groups as if they have something against us, when in reality the Mexican and Muslims in America only want the same freedoms all other Americans want.

Who knew so many Americans would willingly cheer the dissolution of the 4th amendment? What worked in Germany is working in America. All you need is a good scapegoat, apparently.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Takeover? Do you mean by population or by power? Consider whos in control of America and you will see it is neither of the two groups you mentioned.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but I think fear and hate mongers took over long ago.

But since they aren't a race, I guess it doesn't count.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I am aware of that. But I still thought I should respond because I want people to read my response to him--even if he may have misunderstood because others will too.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Yet still there is a vitriolic response against these two groups as if they have something against us, when in reality the Mexican and Muslims in America only want the same freedoms all other Americans want.

Excellent! People come to America to get away from their oppressive government, poor living conditions, and religious intolerance/extremists. They don't come here to take over. It's sad that they come here to take part in our freedoms yet some people try to oppress them equally, if not more so.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
People don't realize that both of these groups come to America (or are born and raised in America) to live a decent life. They just want to be left alone, but no, we've got bigots and xenophobes hating on them and attacking them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join