It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge blocks part of Arizona immigration law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Phoenix, Arizona (CNN) -- With scant hours to go before a controversial Arizona immigration law goes into effect, a federal judge granted a preliminary injunction Wednesday against the implementation of parts of the law.

There are seven lawsuits seeking to block its implementation. U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton made her ruling on a lawsuit filed by the federal government.

The law, signed by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer in April, requires police to question people about their status if they have been detained for another reason and if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly transport them. It is to go into effect Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.cnn.com...

The judge brought an injunction against some of the most controversial parts of the Arizona Immigration Law.

The key part that was blocked, was the part that let law enforcement officers were to check the immigration status of anyone arrested in Arizona.

I believe that immigration law should be enforced by the Federal Government, I believe that the Federal Government has not been doing an adequate job in doing that job.

But to let cops detain people on the basis of their immigration status I feel is a gross violation of a persons 4th Amendment right.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

But to let cops detain people on the basis of their immigration status I feel is a gross violation of a persons 4th Amendment right.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by whatukno]

You think that people here illegally; people who literally chose to break our laws by crossing the border, should not be detained but rather should be allowed to roam free range within our country without any ramifications? Sorry, I just need clarification.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Bugman82]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
S&F Whatukno

One part I am for is the imprisonment of people who hire illegal workers but I don't believe for a minute they will stop that. The republicans got in big trouble a few years ago over that when Bush and Co wouldn't stop illegals. They won't, the dems don't want to either. The reason is their buddies are making a lot of profit from using what is almost "slave" labor.

They sneak in here for jobs, take away the jobs and they won't come. I promise.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
this is the biggest bunch of bullshjt i have ever seen.

the federal government has NO freaking right to tell az what to do.

they essentailly killed the law.

biggest part of this is the judge gave the illegals THE RIGHT TO WORK!

BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCRAP!

THAT IS NOT RIGHT and we all kno it.

ONLY LEGAL CITIZENS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT to work.
and you wonder why unemployement is 10% thats y

this is totally infuriating.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
what is unfuriating is people's lack of understanding of the issue

the U.S. is destabalizing Mexico, so the people are too scared to live there so they jump the fence and live here.

But noooo, even if we destabalize their home they have no right to come here, it's the United States of No Accountability!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Guess it time for the fed to take up the issue and solve the problem once and for all.

Tired of hearing all this stuff about immigration and very little about jobs.

so let's get this important issue out of the way.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Does it really matter?
Can't they still enforce the federal law?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There's an earlier thread posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

[edit on Wed Jul 28 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join