It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Deep Space Camera Locates Host of 'Earths'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo
my god humans dont even show respect to the life on this planet with their unethical animal testing crap, fur farms etc

Well, one human does, me, FSF. I have changed my life around so that the more I become educated in a particular subject the more I can do something about it that doesn't envelop any of the above. For example, changing dietry habits and using organic products. I am but one person but the people I speak to have started to change its a ripple effect and this is what is needed to revolutionise this world.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by booblessed
I sure hope there's no oil on those planets....

No telling what we'll do after that.

Ha Ha Ha!!! Don't worry United states by now will be planning and preparing for next mission/invasion "Deep Space Oil exploration"

Between nice find, So we are a step closer about the possibility of alien life else where...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by snowlord]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I never mentioned that the earth is the center of the universe. All evidence is pointing to the fact that there is no intelligent life out there.

You call your self "The Professional". Is that another word for "SUIT". Open your eyes. Thousands of people report seeing the same thing, little gray men, UFO's, etc. independently observed. Witness is a measure of truth in the western world. I suppose you don't believe there are miracles? How about Crop Circles? But you can't see any evidence?

I've been working with extraterrestial presense on a daily basis for 25 year, decoding and documenting a hidden language in the English language. There are thousands of examples of Alien messages hidden in the English language. See the websites after the "Signature".

Translation of the words "Out There" -- "UFO ET Here".

[edit on 26-7-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have been steady reading this page for over 2 years and this is by far one of the most posts that caught my eye and made me be like wow! But Faux news?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Sure these planets can sustain life, but that doesn't mean life has ever existed on the planet. Even if life has existed on any of these given planets, it doesn't mean that life exists there today, at this particular time. In particular intelligent life would be hard to find. Humans have only been around 200,000 years out of 4.6 billion years of Earth's existence. Although these planets may support life, there is no guarantee that life exists, and an even less chance of intelligent life existing.

But still, these findings are incredible in that they show just how much more there is to learn about the universe, and perhaps one day those findings can render my entire paragraph above useless.

I really hate it when people post exact dates.... no-one knows exactly how long Earth has been here... no-one knows exactly that humans have been around for 200,000 years....

As for the findings of these Exo-Planets, it's great news!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
I once heard a projection that by 2025, our knowledge of the universe will almost double every week. I never thought that was plausible but this article seems to suggest that humanity is on the way there.

Eventually we will hit a point in our awareness were our knowledge of the universe will grow exponentially very quickly due to whatever is found.

I have no idea when or what it will be but let me give you all an analogy so you understand what I'm saying more...

For example, let's say (completely fictional, just using this as an example) that we found a stargate and got it working. How fast do you think our knowledge of the universe would grow then?

Honestly, who knows what we'll find out... One thing I do believe is that there are an infinite amount of earth like planets, and other planets able to support life, we just do not have the technology to find such planets nor even have the knowledge to come to such a conclusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

What is a "Star gate" -- something from "Star Wars" or from the Bible -- Jesus said "I am the gate".

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods

What is a "Star gate" -- something from "Star Wars" or from the Bible -- Jesus said "I am the gate".

It was created (although some believe it to be real) within the show "Stargate SG-1" which lead to "Stargate Atlantis" and then to the now newer series "Stargate Universe".

Basically a Stargate is an artifact created many eons ago by an advanced civilization which allows stable wormhole travel to other planets that also have a Stargate. The concept/idea is awesome, and if it is/were true, I know I'd be ravaging trying to get a chance to go through it and see another universe/planet.

Sorry for not explaining the analogy in the original post, the show is pretty popular hence the reason I used it for an example.

Some believe that we have a Stargate burried deep under ice in the South Pole, and that there is government activity going on there, including drilling and such... I wont believe it thought until I see physical proof - which even if there were any we'd never see it nor have proof of it's existence.

//Edit to add: I recommend you try watching the series - the first series is a bit out of date since it's a bit old but it quickly gains better CGI effects and the 2nd series it's just awesome - I honestly watched around 45-50 episodes in a row it got me sucked in from the start, but you have to be patient to wait for the effects to get better).

Mail me if you want more info - The show (sorry going off topic here) is very original and the story lines are amazing. Alright now I'm done

[edit on 26/7/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Great news story.

This news was released last month. See fox news are on the ball again

They must have been holding this as filler story or to deflect from something else.

Odd.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It seems to me that NASA knows for definite that Extraterrestrial life exits,
The catch is this, they want to be the first ones to disclose it so they can have control of anything that comes of it, whether it be primordial or intelligently advanced.

[edit on 26/7/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I know that ET life exists. I have worked with ET's on a daily basis for 25 years. With all the reports of ET/UFO encounters --- everyone should know that ETs are here.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
what a waste going to the language links...

you basically take whatever letter you want apply a value, and in the process you have no defined or pre-existing controls.

using your method, i can take any word in any language and make it mean any thing.

bad science

[edit on 26-7-2010 by wx4caster]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Well im not 100%. Im 99.99%

They want to control the official discloser and put a stamp on it, copyright it and whatever else they can gain out of it.

[edit on 26/7/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
what a waste going to the language links...

you basically take whatever letter you want apply a value, and in the process you have no defined or pre-existing controls.

using your method, i can take any word in any language and make it mean any thing.

bad science

[edit on 26-7-2010 by wx4caster]

Be my guest -- let me see you do it. You are so smart, let me see you do it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I used to be a space scientist at NASA. I don't believe they know anything more than the average person who has had encounters -- maybe less than most. They are honestly looking for planets.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RockCreekMan
Something to ponder. I have always been fascinated by all of the conspiracies surrounding aliens, UFO's and our government - as most of the ATS family is too! Upon reading this article about NASA and all the new planets they are discovering and all the money they are putting into these discoveries, does anyone else begin to doubt these theories of aliens and the theories that NASA and our government have been covering up Alien existence for many years.

I mean...if this superior and much more advanced alien race have been in contact for years with our government and NASA shouldn't we expect that the aliens have informed them about the universe and everything that's out there. If these aliens are coming from far off planets with much more superior technologic advancements then wouldn't one believe that the aliens could just tell top NASA and government officials what all is out in space or more importantly show them?

Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that if Aliens have been in contact for so many years with Government and NASA then why would we spend billions of dollars making spacecraft to take pictures of far off planets when these Alien friends of ours could show us pictures or even take us there. Seems strange. Curious to know your thoughts friends.

You're assuming that you know what the motivations of a non-human intelligence would be. And I'm not so sure that there is much evidence that, even if they are here, they have been in contact with any of our governments.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Stargate the motion picture was first so I understand, but you never know, I could be missing the mark there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
yeah, let's find us some new planets to get polluted, abused and destroyed

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by Ezappa

I used to be a space scientist at NASA. I don't believe they know anything more than the average person who has had encounters -- maybe less than most. They are honestly looking for planets.

Forgive me for asking but you say you were a space scientists, yet you are blissfully un-aware of what a Stargate is???

Before you go rushing off saying it is not a real thing, I agree it is not, but I would have thought that any space scientist would have considered wormhole theory and be aware of the concept of a Stargate, even if rejecting it on final analysis.

I rather like the idea another poster advanced of NASA rushing of into space on a Deep Space Oil Exploitation Exploration. How can you be positive they are just 'looking for planets'?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
100 million earth size planets? or 100 million earth size planets in the hz of sunlike stars? i need to watch the TED video again but cant at work atm.

the numbers they give are strange. 100 million for the whole galaxy for terrestrial size planets is pretty bad. Anyone remember this prediction news.bbc.co.uk... 30 BILLION "earths" , 100 million is quite disapointing in comparison.

The details they give in the TED video are really vague. He goes onto say they should find 60 earth size planets capable of supporting life with the kepler telescope. But he doesnt say if thats just G type stars or if hes including M stars too. If just g type then there must be more than 100 million around all stars in the galaxy. If hes saying theyll find 60 including M stars then thats quite bad really, only around 5-10 will be around G type stars. They predicted 50

Really puzzling presentation because of the vagueness.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by yeti101]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join