It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Synchronicity Thread ~ Post your's here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My moment of synchronicity isn't as interesting as some here, but involves three people.

One day a few months back I was on a bus heading home and I happened to pass a red congestion zone sign, (for those that don't know London has a zone in the center that you have to pay to drive through and if you don't pay by the next day you are issued with a £60 fine)

As I saw the sign I suddenly remembered that I had driven my girlfriend into town the day before and hadn't payed the charge, just as I was thinking this my phone rang, it was my mom and the first thing she asked me was "did you pay the congestion charge yesterday?, you don't want to get a fine" as I hung up the phone it immediately beeped telling me I had a text message, the message was from my girlfriend saying "don't forget to pay the congestion charge from yesterday"

This all happened within the space of 30 seconds or so, and I found it a little bit unnerving at the time

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Numbers tend to play a big part in syncs as Auntie and the previous poster mentioned. The number 5 has kept coming up for me as well .

Yesterday on the way to and from work, three mailboxes wih numbers on them caught my eye, I swear to you all 3 were different houses all with the number 555.

I looked up numerology and symbolism for the number 5

-It is the number of the harmony and the balance. It is also the number of the divine grace.

-Considerated as the mediator between God and the universe, the five is regarded as a symbol of the universe.

For me it has significance as I have recently found a balance in my life through increased meditation and awareness.

Syncs usually have a way of telling you something. Like the crow from a previous poster or the number 5. Don't be afraid to do a little research on the symbolism of the signs you are getting, for me they are usually dead on and a big conformation that I'm on theright path.

Thanks to all for sharing your stories, it truly has been amazing to hear them all.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Honestly my response was just a big smile. I remember walking along thinking I wasn't seeing any crows and maybe I was reading to much into it. Then that so well showed the trickster side of the crow symbolism.

I guess one thing to keep in mind is that, in my experience anyway, these kind of events are like signposts pointing the way. They should be recognized and headed, but you have to remember where your going and not allow yourself to get sidetracked by their novelty.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
reply to post by Mr. D

I am not 100% sure of what you mean with the name and number thing but I agree, once you open up to it you really start seeing it everywhere and it can be startling. It sounds like you are familiar with the feeling?

Are you acquainted with acronyms? For example email is an acronym for electronic mail. Take a name, lets say Sally, an acronym for sally could be Sal Right? Lets say she was born in 1950. Many of the syncs that I see would then be like Sal50 or the like because I know a woman name sally who was born in 1950 (example). the sync part comes like I see a sign or a phrase with sal50 and then later I see a picture of sally or she calls or someone else says, oh, you never guess who I got a call from today.......
These are just examples of what I'm talking about. It is that It happens alot and becomes fustrating because I don't know why it happens.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wanted to start a thread on this subject but since this one is so recent I'll simply resurrect this one. I've recently began keeping track of strange occurrences such as synchronicity in my life. Here I will post the two most recent.

1.I had been talking with my brother and explaining some concepts of occultism and esoteric symbolism. I was explaining the concept of the Two Pillars and their use in certain esoteric art and architecture, including their use in Freemasonry. Later on we decided to take a walk, we walked by a store that sells salvaged antique furniture and architectural elements. Out front the two owners were staining some wooden pieces, one of which was a set of wooden pillars that came up about stomach high on us. We asked the proprietor about the pieces and he said he had actually taken them from an old masonic temple! Each pillar had 3 interlocking rings on it and I consider 3 to be my personal number in a sense.

The next ties in loosely:

2.I had recently drawn a portrait of Arthur Edward Waite (of the Ryder-Waite Tarot) which included an instance of these two pillars. Without going into too much detail this portrait was the focus of much attention in my life for a few days. Later in that week I went to my fathers house and on my old bed was my beat up old copy of Waite's Book of Black Magic, which I hadn't seen in a long time. The next day my brother and I went to a used bookstore (The Strand) and I made my usual stop at the Occult section, which in this case is usually worthless. To my surprise they had at least 20 copies of the same edition of the Book of Black Magic and at least as many copies of a different book by Waite.

I believe coincidence can happen but I personally feel that synchronicity to such an extent is communication of some form. I think we should all learn to see certain symbols and read certain things we experience in the proper way to fully understand what we are being told.

I'd love to hear more instances from other posters.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Shadowflux because: added a line

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I wanted to start a thread on this subject but since this one is so recent I'll simply resurrect this one. I've recently began keeping track of strange occurrences such as synchronicity in my life. Here I will post the two most recent.

1.I had been talking with my brother and explaining some concepts of occultism and esoteric symbolism. I was explaining the concept of the Two Pillars and their use in certain esoteric art and architecture, including their use in Freemasonry. Later on we decided to take a walk, we walked by a store that sells salvaged antique furniture and architectural elements. Out front the two owners were staining some wooden pieces, one of which was a set of wooden pillars that came up about stomach high on us. We asked the proprietor about the pieces and he said he had actually taken them from an old masonic temple! Each pillar had 3 interlocking rings on it and I consider 3 to be my personal number in a sense.

The next ties in loosely:

2.I had recently drawn a portrait of Arthur Edward Waite (of the Ryder-Waite Tarot) which included an instance of these two pillars. Without going into too much detail this portrait was the focus of much attention in my life for a few days. Later in that week I went to my fathers house and on my old bed was my beat up old copy of Waite's Book of Black Magic, which I hadn't seen in a long time. The next day my brother and I went to a used bookstore (The Strand) and I made my usual stop at the Occult section, which in this case is usually worthless. To my surprise they had at least 20 copies of the same edition of the Book of Black Magic and at least as many copies of a different book by Waite.

I believe coincidence can happen but I personally feel that synchronicity to such an extent is communication of some form. I think we should all learn to see certain symbols and read certain things we experience in the proper way to fully understand what we are being told.

I'd love to hear more instances from other posters.
edit on 13-10-2010 by Shadowflux because: added a line

Talk about Synchronicities,Pillars, Masonic Temples and The Occult. I had them all today! I
almost ran into a pillar today and a place that reminded me of a Temple. I got home and posted
on a thread about the Ouija board and it all synchronized when I found this thread again.

(not to mention the time and date).

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

That's funny, I actually posted in that thread myself tonight.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
firstly great thread i think ATS needs more threads like this and will soon, anyways it seems like my whole life is a synchronicity. Ill start off by saying that one of our family memebers was brutally murdered at the age of 5. its been a couple of months but the other day gave my first really strange synchronicity. I also am a recent father, and while i was wathcing her on the bed i noticed her cooing. Well like a babys do coo, *in there nature of course, but she was more wide awake than usual and id never heard her do this and i began to hear a vivid ringing in both my ears and instantly i thought of my fiance's niece that recently passed. Well i go outside and first foot i walk out of the door i accidently (and very lightly mind you peta fans out there!) lol and this really pretty green forest bird just starring me in the face. Well me after this happening i feel a great deal of energy. Now yes i realize that this is only a bird, i live in oregon and constantly have deer among other fury critters moving about all points of the day. But for me this one was def a fascinating experience.

I tapped on the door and rushed for my fiance' to come out side and she then went to get her digital camera, yes i have pics, and proceeded to take pictures. Well this was not a house bird, im pretty sure of it. She gets within inches of this bird and takes all these piks, with the flash on and this bird dosnt move an inch. I put gloves on and went to go try and shoo it away and it let me get within inches as well, but never let me touch it. flew over to some bushes nearby and let me do the same thing. but not touch it looked at me and then just flew away.

My synchronicity experience was that i feel that i heard ringing letting me know that our little baby has a Gaurdian Angel watching over her which was her cousin that passed away, that took form of a little green bird.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

That's funny, I actually posted in that thread myself tonight.

I dont personally think any 'communication' is going on in most cases of snychronicity. How is it me thinking of a person than to encounter him is meaningful? What kind of message is there in this snychronicty?

This and all cases of synchronicity have one simple easy to understand message.

Theres a power beyond us. This power not only arranges matters in the smallest most seemingly meaningless ways, buts its precisely this interweaving of the miraculous with the mundane that reveals the transcendental reality that encompasses both.

To reduce it to some communication between spirits and man is a tad peurile. G-d interacts with us to AWAKEN us to his presence. When were living our lives according to our mundane interests - thoughts drawn to finite, and intrinsically meaningless matters - G-d puts some synchronistic event before us. He informs us that the reality your involved in - this mundane world - is INTRINSICALLY apart of the higher world. He wants us to awaken to this relationship, to this union between the world of spirit and the world of matter. Physicality is merely a garment for spirit - a reflection of the concept which enlivens it. G-d wants us to connect with that concept, that divine he purposed in this physical creation, and use it as a way to connect with him.

Thus, synchronicity has cosmic significance. Its the creator reminding us of his presence. (this of course doesnt apply to those meddle with magick or the spiritually adept who are given symbolic messages. It applies only to those who arent awakened; either in a spiritual sense or to the exact nature of their purpose in this world. which is to know or source)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

a few years back I had just came home from my fathers funeral brought my mother home with me as well to keep an eye on her and to comfort her,well we went to the beach it was a little cool and overcast we sat there and watched the dolphins swim by,it was the time of the year when they migrate,they were just swimming along not jumping or playing at all just in a straight line I looked at my mother and said to her that dad is around I can feel him and she just smiled so I said "Dad if you are here make one of the dolphins jump out of the water I looked and sure enough not one but two of them did my mother and myself just laughed and laughed it felt really good .needless to say they went back to swimming in a straight line again.... it was a good day!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

a few years back I had just came home from my fathers funeral brought my mother home with me as well to keep an eye on her and to comfort her,well we went to the beach it was a little cool and overcast we sat there and watched the dolphins swim by,it was the time of the year when they migrate,they were just swimming along not jumping or playing at all just in a straight line I looked at my mother and said to her that dad is around I can feel him and she just smiled so I said "Dad if you are here make one of the dolphins jump out of the water I looked and sure enough not one but two of them did my mother and myself just laughed and laughed it felt really good .needless to say they went back to swimming in a straight line again.... it was a good day!

Thats really beautiful.

That wasnt Dad - But G-d, Hashem, calling out to you "your dads with me now". Hence two dolphins

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I would agree with much of what you said except that i would change it to consider the mundane, everyday world always connected to a higher, less physical, more spiritual world but not something to be discounted all together. We are made up of three different elements, our physical, ego driven selves, our astral or spiritual selves, and our eternal divine pneuma, that animating substance which identifies only vaguely with the other two parts. However, these three parts are bound together as one, neither exists without the other three. This is the same for our world, it is fundamentally bound with and in constant contact and always affected by the spiritual world.

What we perceive as the "real world" is in fact only that part of our complete existence which manages to transcend the unconscious, spiritual, abstract world and manifest itself in ways understandable to our tangible selves. Synchronicities are examples of forces just beyond our conception of "reality" working in tandem to a given end (or out of pure coincidence as mathematics will not let us rule out the possibility of coincidence).

I believe odd things happen all the time but with training and experience in the discernment of such messages and symbols you will begin to see that it happens constantly, in one way or another and you will, hopefully, be able to understand and implement the message if it is to your benefit and not originating from darker forces.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
With a degree in photography and many years of experience as a freelance photographer, I had stayed at a "day job" I loathed for far too long, but I stuck it out because I felt like I still had something to learn from the management experience and I was waiting for a feeling of peace about moving on before I would leave. It was only after many years that I finally felt I had the go-ahead to look for something new. Having just moved into an unfamiliar area of my city, I drove around until I found a coffee shop, bought a paper, and sat down with a marker (yes, this was the good old days when people still found jobs in the paper).

So there I sat, drinking my coffee and circling want ads in the classifieds section, when I looked up over the edge of my paper and saw a photography studio in the other end of the shopping center. Closing my paper, I wandered over to the studio, walked in, and introduced myself, handing them a copy of my resume.

"Wow," exclaimed the owner, "I didn't think the ad was supposed to be printed in the paper until tomorrow!"

In fact, there was no ad in that day's paper. They had just called to place the ad the day before and it hadn't been printed yet.

As a walk-in, they allowed me an impromptu working interview, and I was awarded the photographer job before the ad ever even hit the newspaper. I put in my notice at work the next day.

Synchronicity? Maybe. I hadn't even known the studio was there, nor that they were looking for help. Why had I stopped at that particular coffee shop? Chosen that particular seat on the patio? It was very, very cool, and I loved that job. It was the best job I ever had and unlike the management job, it allowed me free time. I was able to take some dance classes - where I met my husband, all because I went to the coffee shop that day to look at the want ads because I was considering changing jobs.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by dontreally

I would agree with much of what you said except that i would change it to consider the mundane, everyday world always connected to a higher, less physical, more spiritual world but not something to be discounted all together. We are made up of three different elements, our physical, ego driven selves, our astral or spiritual selves, and our eternal divine pneuma, that animating substance which identifies only vaguely with the other two parts. However, these three parts are bound together as one, neither exists without the other three. This is the same for our world, it is fundamentally bound with and in constant contact and always affected by the spiritual world.

What we perceive as the "real world" is in fact only that part of our complete existence which manages to transcend the unconscious, spiritual, abstract world and manifest itself in ways understandable to our tangible selves. Synchronicities are examples of forces just beyond our conception of "reality" working in tandem to a given end (or out of pure coincidence as mathematics will not let us rule out the possibility of coincidence).

I believe odd things happen all the time but with training and experience in the discernment of such messages and symbols you will begin to see that it happens constantly, in one way or another and you will, hopefully, be able to understand and implement the message if it is to your benefit and not originating from darker forces.

I think you have to consider the overall condition of humanity to adress the question of synchronicity.

This is connected to Jungs theory of UFOS as being projections from our unviersal consciousness to remind us of our luminous, non physical source. In the physical analogy of things, the 'sky' is the heavens, an orb a symbol for the soul. We look upwards and see our actual self, that is projected on to the pallete of the heavens.

Likewise, synchronicties, Judaism called "small miracles" - as opposed to obvious miracles. These are 'coincidences' between the world of the psyche and physical reality. These things occur to remind one of our everpresent source. When one is confronted with a synchronicity, the natural response is amazement. It imbues one with a sense of awe. These events are designed to trigger in man an enthusiasm and zeal in his divine service. Which in itself is told by solomon to "know g-d in all your ways".

In kabbalah its explained that this world is a direct reflection of the higher, abstract world. The latter is a world of concepts or archetypes.This is a very complicated science to explain but in short, Hebrew is the language of creation. The 22 letters the '22 archetypal' states that typify natural reality. These 22 'letters' are the roads between the 10 sefirot, or spiritual archetypes. These together constitute the 32 paths of wisdom (the sefirot are 10 in number, with 22 possible paths, or connections between each sefirah). Reality is thus transposed into language. language is reality. Even string thoery is showing the very sound like nature of reality - being made of 'strings' that vibrate. Each letter therefore constitutes a basic concept. Each basic concept that joins with another basic concept creates a greater concept. The Hebrew word this creates is the reality described. literally. hence, manipulation of hebrew words literally changes the reality (AbraCaDabra is hebrew for 'i create that which i speak") it corresponds to. Thus, the torah describes creation as occurring through G-ds speech. we our made in his image and possess the same ability, through Hebrew.

Thus, Concepts are the reality we experience in this world. Every thing. Whether an apple, a tree, a dog (Kelev in hebrew, means "like the heart") etc, each item has a specific purpose which it derives its existence from. Its that divinity the creator put in it, that creates that reality.

to connect these worlds - spirit and matter, doesnt require an exact knowledge of the reality were experiencing. It helps to know hebrew and understand the esoteric meaning of things. But in truth. simplicity is all thats needed. To know that theres a creator who created this world to SERVE him, hence, this world is a 'garden' of eden, which requires people to tend it. We are there to tend it and make it grow, blossom and serve its end.

This is the period of the messianic age the torah and kabbalists speak of. The period when mankind collectively works to serve g-d, in whatever way unique to the person.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
2 syncs to report here..

First is this thread making its way to the top of my subscribed list after how ever long its been running. I've been chuckling to myself about the other sync all afternoon and this was the first thread I saw!

The second one is that I've decided to take up Martial Arts classes recently and have been checking out some different places to go and reading their websites. The first one I found was by far the best looking and so I've pretty much decided to go with them after reading everything on their website last night. This morning I headed into the town the classes are based and I had considered popping in to have a word after the sunday classes finished but I decided not to as I'm not quite ready for that yet. Then as I was wondering around shopping I saw the leader of this Martial Arts club, dressed in all his gear stood there in the street. I may have stared a bit as I walked past with my jaw on my chest, I wonder if he noticed and if he will remember me!? I almost stopped to talk to him but that would have been a fairly disasterous first contact!!

I'm not sure if it means anything really, other than that thoughts with emotions can lead to opertunities.

While I'm here, I may as well jot down the bizzarest sync I've experienced. It's a bit of a long one!

So I went to uni a while ago to study music, it was a bit of last minute thing and consequently I got dumped in halls with some guys I didn't really get on with too well. I was also skint due to a late loan. Anyway, I went to see my friends band one night and got in for free and had some of their rider beer so the night was going well, then I went out for a cig and forgot to put my beer down, the bouncer was not impressed and wouldnt let me back in. So I stool out there for a while considering what to do and chain smoking. As I was about to set off on the 1.5 hr walk back to halls I got talking to some guy. After a while it transpired that he and his friends lived in the same area of town as me and they were setting off soon, and that I was welcome in their taxi despite my skintness. On the way back it turned out the lived in the same halls of residence as me. It also turned out that they were in a drummerless band of a style I was experienced at so my joining them was proposed. Finally, not only did they live in the same halls as me, but in the flat directly above mine, thus solving all my friendship woes.

Is that 3 or 4 in one?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A synchronicity happened just a second ago.

I was listening to a weekly lecture by a rabbi at azamra.org. In my mind i was contemplating something that wasnt spiritually good (porn). I than was going through a post i had written looking for some errors, and when i passed by the word 'imitate' the rabbi i was listening to said imitate at the exact same time.

Thats pretty amazing. But whats really spectacular is that at that moment, i was in dire need of remembering my purpose in this world, which is to imitate the attributes of G-d.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'll coment more later on, but a double synchronicity just happened to me at the same exact time. First time for me for a double. I often get synchronicities, but none like this. I'll read the whole post later today to see what others have experienced, but heres mine that just happened.

I'm at work. An email came in from someone named Tom just as the radio show I was listening to mentioned another person named Tom. At the same time this happened, our phone rang in the office just as the phone rang in the back ground of the radio show. This all happened within seconds of each other. The radio show was taped, so those synchronicities lined up because I just happened to click on "play" at that perfect momment 30-40mins before it all took place.

I'm going by lotto tickets today.

Right after it happened, I decided to call my buddy named Tom to see if anything was going on with him at that point and time, but got his voicemail. I left a message for him to remember what he was doing at this time and I'd ask him later about it. I'm curious. (Email said Tom, radio said Tom, synchro with the ringing of the phones...thought maybe it meant to call him). We'll see. I'll let ya know.

Derek

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

After reading through the entire post, I see that just about all of these synchronicities that people list all happen over a few hours to even days. My synchronicities don't happen that way. All of mine happen instantaneous or within seconds of each other. I'll give examples of some plus one that I call long time frame.

I was about to type in my password to my email account and couldn't remember what it was. At the same moment, I'm listening to the radio and the DJ just happens to say my password helping me remember. My password was an off the wall word and I needed to remember what it was and the DJ spoke the same exact password during his conversation with a guest. All happened within seconds of each other.

Most of mine tend to be very quick, like sitting at a stop light thinking what I'm going to cook for dinner. I decided on a ribeye steak. Yeah, a nice big juicy steak. All of a sudden, a Winn-dixie truck passes in front of me with a huge picture of a cooked ribeye steak on side of the truck. Perfect timing. And no I didn't see the truck before hand. Just about all of my synchronicities tend to be hearing then seeing (or visa versa) the same words at the same time. I guess I need to start keeping a list of the words to see if they are related to anything.

My longest sync was sitting at the DMV getting my new license plate set up. You have to list your milage. You don't have to be exact, but I put down 11,808 for some reason (and not just 11000). I knew it was 11k+. Not thinking about it, I drive home (about 8-9miles), pull up in the drive way and happened to look at the odometer....11,808.

I have a knack for calling out whos on the phone when it rings or who it's for before anyone picks it up. There's many more, but can't list them all.

BTW, from my earlier post about "Tom". He called to say he was at the military doctors office getting a check up at the time I called him this morning. He has a rare blood disorder. Nothing unusual in my last sync....I hope. haha

Q

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Synchronicty or coincidence?
This is a subject that has fascinated me for a long time,just recently over the last few months
the amount of coincidences have really ramped up! i could tell you a number of
examples that could be attributed to a form of sub concious intelligence
that is there to be harnessed for all of us to use.
Why i am more aware of this phenomenon is unclear to me but it's like i have
accessed a higher state of awareness than before and it's uncanny how things have started to
really fall into place.
Take today for instance, i'm surfing online for clips on the film "Hellboy" more exactly a scene
with a character named "Kronen" i find the clip and watch. jump forward to now and i turn
the TV over and the film is on! not only that it's the exact scene i was watching earlier on!
That is only one example that has me pondering over this topic.
I was also thinking of a certain song only to hear it a few moments later on the TV and i'm
not just talking about a popular song it was an old hit from years ago.
So many things began to match up one day it was uncanny!
I feel like i connect with everything and everyone,maybe it has something to do with
the world we are living in at the moment,so much chaos, i feel people are connecting and see
that something is very wrong,it's hard to put it into words.
So what does it all mean? what is the process that causes this and can it be controlled?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I once was at the library about a year ago. I was on the computer, reading how everyone on earth has someone who looks similar to them(I don't remember the exact context) as I was leaving I saw someone who looked very similar to a girl in my math class the year before. She looked similar but not quite. That was kind of freaky. I'm pretty sure thats a sincronicity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join