It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the Sun in the sky.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
the sun is the source of all life. It is at the highest stage of life. A black hole would be non-life, a void of energy, but the sun is the opposite.

Heres the problem...with enough technology, we could actually live without a sun...we could not however live without water or oxygen...which makes those "lifeforms" a way more cooler godthing or whatnot...does that make space or a desert the anti-god?

silly arguement we are getting into here.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Actually without black holes there would have been no galaxies, solar systems and you.....!

Without blackholes all matter would have just spread out and not formed the foundation for life as we know it.

Peace!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They will be exposed to the sun and the moon and all the stars of the heavens, which they have loved and served and which they have followed and consulted and worshiped.-Jer8.2

who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever.-Rom1.25

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them-2Cor5.19

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John3.16

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This theory might actually work if:

1) Our solar system was the only thing that existed and the Sun created all the planets
2) Humans would be like any other basic animal and not self-aware or spiritual

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Don't mean to be rude but there is a slightly wider view of existance - quantum physics for example?

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

ATS has always been fairly diverse when it comes to religion but this is the first I've seen an Atenist on here.

Heck, this is the first time I've seen an Atenist anywhere. I thought that religion had long died out.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
God is the Sun. God is many things.

Although I cannot provide God to you on a silver platter for your inspection, I think that it is pretty funny that people think God is a being of somekind. A person floating in space. I dont think God is that, and the OPs statement that God is probably the Sun is WAY more accurate than anything any religion has made out God to be.

many lolz to religion. Pagan beliefs were probably closer to the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

I definately am not being rude, shoot I used to make fun of christians/bible/god anything very bad boy lots of trouble very popular until-

I heard an audible voice one night as if sitting to my left as soon as I began to open the cover of a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier, say-"my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"-I stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord, did'nt know the scriptures and was'nt raised churched either, and here are just a few interesting ones-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hey I was apologising and not meaning that you were rude.....!

All I was suggsting is read wider... Sometimes it hurts but it is worth it.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
God created the sun.
He is more powerful than the sun.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

'He'?

So you know for sure that God is a 'he'?

Here we go...

That the sun is God......

Think I'll bow out quietly....

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wrote an essay for a class analyzing Jordan Maxwell's book "That Old-Time Religion: The Story of Religious Foundations," which focuses on the similarities between Jesus Christ and the Sun/ Astrology. Wouldn't it be interesting if this information was presented on a global scale? It's definitely changed the way I look at things

circularuniverse.wordpress.com...

For that same class I re-presented the information in video form (called a "remix" in the class), along with symbols and logos which point towards an astrological influence in our modern times.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Circular Universe

Great but I thought the sun was a sphere - without wings? Symbolism yet again! And false at that!

H to He it's all very simple....

Now regarding the universe (or multiverse...) not so simple....

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

trust me this is not the only thing that's happened, I think I've read evrything possibly related over at least 16 years intensely and nothing agrees better to what I've seen and heard than the scriptures, I think you are stereotyping possibly, you should read up on just the word freedom and new covenant

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Hi

if you are right then you are right....

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Please don't insult me by calling me ignorant. I didn't insult your beliefs, but merely expressed my opinion.

No need to be rude because I don't now, nor will I ever believe that the sun is God. You do.

Good Luck with that.

eta: The ancient sun worshipers also believed that the Sun revolved around the Earth. Just wondering, do you also believe that?

[edit on 7/25/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

silly arguement we are getting into here.

Yes, I'm rather done. Any moment this might take a turn to the "earth is flat".

Don't have the patience for it. Good to see you Sat.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

Naa, Jesus is just the story of Horus with new names...Horus did have domain over both the sun and moon, was known as the savior and the light, etc...but if u were to try and parallel christianity with the sun, you would have more luck saying Lucifer was/is the sun...the morning star...the sun is a star that we see starting at morning, etc (although most agree it is venus they were talking about).

Mythology is a interesting tangled web.

Horus is quite a bit different from jesus in many regards.
But alas, there are several character archetypes of Jesus.
It's a very simply concept to be honest, I'm surprised there aren't more.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If God was 'only' the 'Sun'....then does that mean there are more Gods? For we must have water, oxygen, earth, ect....for life too. So is there also a God of the water, a God of the Earth, what about all the other Sun's out in space, do they represent a 'god'?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Doesn't anybody greet the sun anymore on a daily basis??

I have my own ritual every morning where I say thanks to the sun for all it brings and I like to think that this is the way our sun-God stays pleased........but am I the only one keeping everybody save from it's vengeance by doing this???

I need a reward or a medal of some kind......heck, I'll settle for a ribbon.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join