It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11, What Were Your First Thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

9/11, What Were Your First Thoughts?

Where's my sister?

She was just in the North(? its funny, I forget which one she was in now) Tower that morning trying to return a birthday gift. The store wasn't open yet so she left and was outside when the first plane hit.

I only knew she was downtown that day (she lived uptown). We were not able to get a hold of her until late that evening. She is OK.

Watched the replay of the first plane hitting. I was managing a public works construction project about 60 miles away, as the crow flies, saw the plane hit on TV and we knew the building wasn't going to last very long. Not with all that impact and explosion damage and fire. We were right.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Mostly I thought why the hell is everyone making such a big deal out of this don't you know we live in a crazy as hell world with people trying to kill us all the time, it's just not always blown up on the news like this... I still feel this way, every time I hear about 9/11 I actually get pissed off because I'm sick of hearing about it...

When nuclear missiles are launched directly at us, then let me know.....

[edit on 7/25/2010 by BigOrange]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I fell for the terrorist attack hook line and sinker.
I remember as I was living over seas at the time in a Muslim population, that "we" being an America, were going to EFF up what ever sorry sob did this...

DER.. Looking back who were "we" going to EFF up??

What a ridiculous situation.
Every time I went to work I felt like I was caught with my pants down, and I was suspicious of everyone around me who was wearing a turban and the usual stereotypical Islamic ideal.
I even went back to America and joined the Army because of it.

Thank God I woke up.

Inside job all the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When I heard of the timing I thought: isn't there an official practice drill for just this scenario going on today? When I saw the first plane hit I thought: AWACS with remote control. When I saw the second plane hit I thought: too much coordination for an amateur group of any description. When I saw the map-based commentary of where they'd flown from I thought: someone must have stood the defensive jets down using the practice drill as a cover. When I saw the little explosions going off all the way down each building I thought: that took some serious planning. When I saw the empty space where the buildings had been I thought: that's saved the owner a lot of money in view of the asbestos-related demolition problem. When I saw the smouldering wreck I thought: thermite. When I saw the BBC announce building seven had collapsed I saw it still standing in the background, behind the reporter's shoulder. When it did actually come down, some time later, I thought what about all those Exxon prosecution documents. When I saw the pictures of the Pentagon with a hole in it I thought: there's no plane on the floor, and I wonder what the CCTV from across the road will show: a plane or a rocket. When I saw TV pictures of the hole in the ground made by the third plane I thought: that's too small for a plane; where is it anyway. When I saw the TV pics of the men pinpointed as guilty of these crimes I thought: I bet all those dead terrorists are actually still alive in other parts of the world. When I heard about the official enquiry I thought: a more incestuous group of obfuscators you could not wish to meet. When I saw Bush asked about what he thought of those who said he'd known about it beforehand I thought 'I've never seen the man look so uncomfortable before'.

I just get these hunches, it seems.

But when I heard about the Trilateral Commission report dating from a few years previously, saying that they wouldn't be able to achieve their foreign policy aims without another event like Pearl Harbour I thought: nah, it must all just be a coincidence.

Needless to say it was a day I have never forgotten.

Maybe one day they'll find the perpetrators.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My first thought was, "wah?"

Then I began to learn more about this "Religion of Peace" that was "hi-jacked" by "terrorists."

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was at home that day. It was a Tuesday.

A friend of mine called me an told me to turn on the television.

I think about the first thing I saw was a recorded playback of the south tower coming down. I stood there holding the phone with my mouth hanging open. About all I did for the rest of the day was watch that insanity.

My pledge father was an architect and we could see the Sears Tower being constructed from campus. There was lots of talk in the frat about skyscrapers. But the standard joke among engineers was that "architects took funny physics and funny math."

For the next two weeks about all I thought about was the physics of an airliner hitting a skyscraper and WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN. The distribution of steel and other mass MUST be important to the analysis. There is no getting around the fact that a skyscraper must support itself therefore the amount of steel and consequently weight must increase toward the bottom. I concluded there was no way for the top portion of a skyscraper to CRUSH the rest. But back then I expected it to be resolved in a few months.

This Post 9/11 Farce has gone way beyond idiotic.

This is the Piltdown Man Incident of the 21st century.

Psychologists and psychiatrists are too stupid to understand 300 year old Newtonian physics.

www.youtube.com...

Try finding the specification of the weight of a complete floor assembly outside the core. Why isn't that common information all over the net? There were 84 standard floor assemblies in each tower. The other floors were heavier. LOL

That was sequential downward destruction not a gravitational collapse.

www.youtube.com...

The problem now is that all of the engineering schools have painted themselves into a corner. How can they now say that because of Newtonian physics it is easy to understand why an airliner could not possibly have done that? Because if it is easy to understand then why didn't they say so in 2002? Now they must keep most people from comprehending Newtonian physics. And keep it up FOREVER.

psik

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was at work and heard it on the radio. I booked off and went home and saw the footage. My first reaction was, "Is this a Speilberg production?" It was totally unbelievable. It took some time to sink in.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"9/11, What Were Your First Thoughts? "

How did they manage to penetrate our trillion dollar intelligence and defense forces?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I lead a sort of isolated life, so it all seemed stark, beautiful & far away.

I remember that morning getting ready for work,
while i live many states away it was a beautiful clear blue sky here, just like there.

My boss was naturally animated about it, & even went out & brought in a TV to work, he may have even bought it.
I remember seeing what looked like a chunk of building sluff off the side of [i think] the 2nd, south tower, out of the smoking cloud, before i or anyone had a clue the building might collapse. My boss mentioned that too.

I and my boss both commented how the WTC tower collapse seemed very much like the movie 'Independence Day'. Like the empire state building did in the movie.

It seemed almost surreal to me. Like i say i live very isolated.

I think i am glad i was quite busy at work.
It made the whole thing much less 'in my face'.
Much less shocking & potentially heart wrenching.

To be perfectly honest, i didn't get clued in to all the suspicious evidence gaps until i started coming here to ATS, several years late.
I had believed it all at face value.
But i do remember quitting my job just as Bush was about to invade Iraq [March 2003?].
I remember thinking, 'I won't have to be paying any more taxes to support Bush's neocon insanity anymore.'

I still remember being pissed when the Supreme Court, completely out of tradition, overruled Florida officials & essentially gave the election to Bush,
even though Gore had the national popular vote win.

The point is there is no credible plane at the Pentagon on a brilliantly clear day, with a camera angle that should have shown the craft dropping down out of the sky as it approached the Pentagon.
And instead there is nothing but a sudden aircraftless explosion.

And then there is the absurdly too small hole in the side of the Pentagon,
so i guess the two massive engines on either side of the fuselage must have evaporated before impact.

It is just stupid.
We have been coldly, viciously lied to.

I only hope the people or beings responsible have their eyes thinly sliced into wafers while they are still in their sockets.
And that would be just the start of the fun.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by slank]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was working in the pricing department of a large grocery store. I don't know how we found out, but the store workers and customers were in the video rental watching it all. My first thoughts were for the people in the planes and buildings that knew they were going to die. And the horror that meant for thousands of people. When they started reporting that people were jumping, I had to leave.
I went back to my office, when a very personal, selfish reality hit me. My son was over 18, and not enrolled in college or married, or had any children, and was in excellent health.
If it was an act of terrorism, we would go to war. If we went to war, they might start up a draft, and my own son would not have any factors for exclusion. That's when I started to cry.

As for being an "inside job"? No way. I remember seeing a documentary about the World Trade center and how they were constructed differently, to allow as much open and window space as po$$ible. Taking out a few columns, which was apparent on the second tower, when the flames shot out the other side of the building, would weaken the building, and the upper floors would collapse onto the lower ones. And that's what happened. So

edited for clarity

[edit on 25-7-2010 by stars15k]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was pretty ill that day, so I was just laying in bed watching bad daytime TV. It was just past midday here, and they interrupted the tv show to go to the news after the first plane had struck. I thought it seemed quite a bad accident, but then when the second plane hit, I was pretty dumb struck. I just watched TV news for the next 48 hours or so, in kind of a daze, only breaking to eat and sleep.

I didn't think "Inside Job" or anything like that, I was barely thinking at all, it was like being in a mild state of shock.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

You're clearly extraordinarily intelligent and insightful.

Perhaps you could tell us what's going to happen - with a similar level of accuracy - with regard to something else that's happening in the world right now? You know, show us what's really going to go down in Iraq. Or Afghanistan. Or Mexico.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
good thread, as time goes by we begin to forget the step by steps of our experiences, good to get them written down before those memories inevitebly start to fade.

i was in class in high school, they stoped the class and rolled in a tv screen without saying anything, it wasnt until the second tower was hit that i figured out it wasnt a movie, thats when i started wondering things,

first i wondered why they were showing us, mostly us in school, these things are usualy brushed away until school is out for the day and then news comes from home or parents if need be, so i thought it was odd that they made it important that we watched,

then i wondered why they even showed the nation, our government never acts like that until they know their next step, which means knowing whos guilty and how to get them,

and then quickly in the same class i heard on the tv they suspected al-quida so i wondered how do they know that, whats their evidence and what ever happened to fair trial,

i grew up with military parents so all my life i was taught how to see the media lie and cover things up and brush things aside and give biased opinions,

my experience came from watching my own family members yelling at the newscasters on tv all my life like an arguement and i never saw the newscasters winning those arguements, so i knew when something was fishy,

and oh god before i even left school that day i knew something was fishy,

even knowing something was off and they were lieing i still didnt embrace the idea that our own government did it until a couple years ago,

i blame that on micheal moors farenheight 9/11 like the news i was able to tell he was lieing and it didnt add up, especialy once i watched farenhype 9/11,

it wasnt until a few years ago surfing the web that it clicked and i understood micheal moore was a government shiil disinfo agent, and he did it well, he had me convinced he was wrong, just as he wanted.

since then the evidence has been adding up to the worst truth, this was a "Reichstag fire" event,

for those unaware Reichstag fire was part of what launched nazi germany into war thanks to lies and propaganda they blamed the fire on the enemy when it was in fact their own government that did it.

consider me a supporter of the truth movement.

regardless of anyones opinion, its stupid not to desire a more thurough investigation, the way our governement refuses to do this is incredibly suspect.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As soon as I learned that the first plane had hit, the first words out of my mouth were, " watch, another plane will hit the other tower." At the time, I didn't even really know what the twin towers were. And after they fell, I believed the OS for probably 4 years, until I heard about Loose Change, found this site, and started doing my own research.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I was home recovering from pneumonia when my roommate called me and asked me to turn on the tv. I turned it on just about 5 minutes before 2nd plane hit the tower. My first thought was we are under attack after 2nd plane hit. When the tower collapsed, I thought how sad I was for the firemen and the people in the building, when the second building collapsed, I thought how strange, that looked like a controlled demolition. When I saw the Pentagon and the hole in the field, where is the plane. The more I watched, the more uneasy I felt about what was going on. I wrote a poem that week...

Lady Liberty

The winter nestled unto the world
As we watched a war unfold
We all watched our innocence die
Through the miracle of media's eye

I feel sadness for our futures fate
Behind empty vengeance and hate
Only to breed more of the same
Instead of the justice that they claim

The seed that is planted, we all will reap
A harvest spoiled with lies, deceit
Through loving ignorance, unprotected
Freedoms somehow are infected

I don't understand this story of fate
I refuse to take sides in this debate
The only thing I know is we've all lost
Innocent souls will pay the cost

Satan is singing on this cold night
While for a freedom we do fight
But freedom from what, I have to ask
To live a life behind a gas mask

A Country united like a broken home
Lady Liberty asleep when the beast hit home
It's people watched in horror like an innocent stepchild
Lady Liberty bruised and numb, her dignity defiled

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My immediate thought was confusion...confusion that this doesnt "just happen" like that....it was replayed over and over that morning(Aussie time zones) and I just stared and stared...shaking my head in disbelief...very somber indeed.

As an aside,and please excuse me OP, but I find it very curious that only one person (hooper) from the Usual Suspects has posted on this thread...

....dare to ask a question regarding the abnormalities to the Official Story, and your thread goes viral with these people belittling and tearing in like a pack of attack dogs(trickoftheshade posting above me is a classic example..thanks trick)....interesting and telling of their true rationale behind being on the 9/11 forums methinks.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by benoni]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

As an aside,and please excuse me OP, but I find it very curious that only one person (hooper) from the Usual Suspects has posted on this thread...

....dare to ask a question regarding the abnormalities to the Official Story, and your thread goes viral with these people belittling and tearing in like a pack of attack dogs(trickoftheshade posting above me is a classic example..thanks trick)....interesting and telling of their true rationale behind being on the 9/11 forums methinks.

Actually, there is not much here to "go viral" about. Whatever people say their first thoughts were - well we have to kind of take that at face value because there really is nothing to correct or dispute.

I mean, some of these tellings are a little hard to swallow, like ATH911 and his first thought being about how could a commercial jetliner penetrate our trillion dollar sky defense network (me thinks he has been watching too many terminator movies).

But in the end, these are personal stories or suggestions, so there is nothing to real argue about.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
First thought?

Should have killed that b*stard Bin Laden when we had the chance.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Great post!

To be honest, I just bought the mainstream media's point of view at the time. I honestly thought it was Osama Bin Laden (although this was the very first time I had ever heard of him).

It is only after the event, many years later, that I am now asking questions and being sceptical.

ONE THING THOUGH: instinctively, when the two towers fell, I thought "hey, how the hell can that happen"!! It just didn't look right to me. It looked like a demolition. Nobody said anything though when we were watching it on TV.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join