It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Footage from Northeast England 7-18-10

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Apparently some things haven't changed too much. Cadets seem to still have fun with pyrotechnics.

The camp highlight is definitely the field exercise where the Cadets are trained in section drills and carry out a full fledged night ambush with arty sims, para flares, trip wires and loads of blank ammunition. The Cadets carry the GP rifle which is a bolt action version of the British Army SA 80 rifle.

kilby.sac.on.ca...

Camp Warcop doesn't seem to be all that isolated. Surrounded by estates, farm fields, the village of Warcop...etc. Surprising that sort of thing is allowed.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That takes me back, lol. I left in 1999, just after my 19th birthday. The GP was a pain in the arse to fire, as it had to be cocked everytime. I always managed to wangle gunner, so I used the LSW, which is like the Daddy SA80, and like the SA80, semi or fully automatic with a BFA.

Back on topic, it's starting to look like the video in the OP are flares. Why so many though? It's also possible, if they are flares, some local yobs could have broken into a boat somewhere and nicked flares off that, i've seen it round here. Heck, one time it even got a "UFO SPOTTED OVER WORKINGTON" headline in the paper, lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes. now why would they do that in Scotland... would it be cos it's basically, pretty much, uninhabited and there is very little in the way of arable land in the highlands? Scotland isn't England, it where the army does a hell of a lot of its' exercises because of the *middle of nowhere* factor. So thank you for proving that very point.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So why wasn't it acknowledged and nailed from the word go if it was that easy? Wheres the crime report for flares being stolen?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If you read, it states Camp Warcop in the NORTH of England. The cadets were from Scotland..

BTW watch this video, very similiar, especially with the lights fading in and out.

www.youtube.com...

EDIT:

As for the flares (if they are flares) being stolen, it was a suggestion as I have seen similar incidents. Isn't that why we are here, to offer suggestions as to what something may be in the hope to solve the problem?

I live about 40 / 50 miles west of Warcop, I spent a lot of time there as a cadet. Fun place, and certainly not in the middle of nowhere.

[edit on 27/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Um. Warcop is not really in the middle of nowhere (and it's actually pretty far from Scotland). That was my point.
Estates, farms, village. Though the actual training area is probably in the hills.
Google Map
And the point that woogleuk was making is that if cadets are allowed to use them...

[edit on 7/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice find Phage.

Further, Warcop is a mere 40 miles away from Albemarle so the airfield environment at Albemarle may be used for specific types of training by the Warcop cadets.

And when did the training exercise begin in 2010?

"Annual camp in 2010 is again at Warcop for cadets between Sunday the 18th July to Friday the 30th July. We look forward to seeing everyone there again."

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Parachute flare being fired...note the clear trail into the sky before the light settles. Now can we finally put this explanation to bed. ? If they were flares they were dropped from the sky not shot from the ground.

www.uapreporting.org...

More flares than you can shake a stick at. www.militaryphotos.net...

Note how the ones that look similar are the ones released by Helicopters. Virtually all the others produce a definite elongation effect, not s sphere of light.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Firemoon, the examples you use are decoy flares and video of a parachute flare filmed close up. If these flares are from Albemarle they are 19 miles away. Too far to pick up the launch trail I would guess.

The best example is the Brazilian video posted by Freespirit which looks very similar. In both videos you can even see the ignition of the flare - a very feint flash that precedes the bright illumination.

The first object that was filmed (video 1 in the set) looks like a Chinese lantern and appears unrelated to the "main event".

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmmm. I am still very interested in this set of videos, and like Free Spirit I think it is inconclusive. What I am most interested in is seeing or hearing from any other witness or news report, and I've checked and not been successful.

I honestly think that the video represents something that should not be dismissed easily or sarcastically. Whilst we cannot expect a scientific analysis or a breakdown that would hold up in a court of law, I really want to see deeper analysis of the footage, the dropping light that catches the wind (seemingly), the wind, daytime shots of the actual view. The video deserves this rather than being dismissed out of hand or the thread becoming an (all too typical ATS) argument.

I am a skeptic and one of the first to dismiss garbage, and this is definitely not garbage, it is one of very few 2010 videos worth discussing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by Freeborn

Military flares are not used for other than absolute emergencies anywhere on land in Britain outside of a couple of areas specifically given over to military exercises such as the Salisbury Plain. This is not the USA, every thing is virtually cheek by jowl in this country. Albemarle in slap bang in the middle of a lot of woodland and cultivated farmland. You don;t go firing off flares ad hoc, in areas like that as it could lead to severe consequences. The military in Britain receives nothing like the freedom it does in the USA to do, pretty much as it wants and needs. If you speak to any serving officer they will tell you the hoops they have to jump through to carry out the most basic of tasks.

WRONG WRONG WRONG see below ,our base surrounded by the same arable farm woods and a main rail line ...use shamooleys all the time , especially at the moment.......

In Britain every last round of munitions has to be signed off for, when not in a combat zone. You simply don't have them swanning around the country at night packing any sort of live ordinance outside of the areas already mentioned. The idea that they were just banging off a few flares for jollies at 2 am is ridiculous. That's ignoring the fact that one of these lights was seen earlier in the evening miles from the area they were later seen in.

WRONG , blanks are used for majority of training , hundreds of them , how would all of these be tracked?
I found 400 rounds of belt fed gpmg blank ammo after an exercise , nobody had missed it at all.......

The barracks in question are surrounded by arable farm land. There isn't a freaking chance they would be allowed to go ploughing through farmer's crops in tracked vehicles , they have to get special dispensation to drive tracked vehicles on British roads anyway, unless in case of an emergency.

Having been studying UFOs for nearly 40 years I've spoken to military personnel of all ranks. On several occasions they have bemoaned how hidebound by rules they are at virtually every level when operating, in peace time, in this country.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by FireMoon]

sorry , but yoiur wrong the military use flares all the time over land , and I mean all the time last weekend over 30 shamooleys where used at our local camp, which has housing, woodland and arable farm around it and is next to a main railline

TORSION , nice find , yep it looks all the world like a Cadet frenzy lol, makes perfect sense to me and the timing is perfect

[edit on 27-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Anyone can claim that. What camp, where and under what conditions ?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by gambon

I thought I had just explained that , without going into to much detail it is in the midlands training area just north of stafford......Cadets love them , lol

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well so far on this thread Phage has managed to move the 1 million people of Tyne and Wear to a field Scotland and the British Army is now conducting military exercises en masse in a farmers field without any of those million people noticing.

I have searched high and wide and the only orange military flares i can find are released as part of ECM measures and NOT for battlefield illumination. What's more, they only appear in this formation when dropped from a slow moving or hovering object such a Helicopter. So, now we are meant to believe that, along with re staging D Day on some Geordie farmer's land they were also running ECM exercises as well. Why else would you drop flares, as shown in umpteen pictures in broad day light, for any other reason than part of ECM package?

Military illumination flares are , more often than not white/green/red/blue, I cant find any being quoted as orange apart from used in tracer bullets. So therefore, if these were military flares and they were orange they were almost 100% likely to have been dropped from a helicopter. That is, they had absolutely nothing to do with this phantom army people have now invented.

That further begs the question of what threat the Helicopter pilot thought they were under to release them.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

reply to post by gambon

I thought I had just explained that , without going into to much detail it is in the midlands training area just north of stafford......Cadets love them , lol

Oh you mean up on the Stafford Moors in the predesignated area for military training...not some farmers field in Tyneside

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
....Cadets love them , lol

The cadets also mention shamooley parachutes and flares here.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

No, Phage moved a bunch of Scottish army cadets to a field in the north of England! LMAO!

I can see where you are coming from though FireMoon, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. The camera not picking up all the available light seems more plausable. That video I posted of the parachuted fireworks behaved in the exact same manner, with the exception of in that video it looked less windy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Ahh the great shamooley ring debate , tbh lt hawkins sounds a right knob, Probably never been in the field in his life lolol,Shamooley rings on smocks makes you Leet , everybody knows that ,

The video is blatantly parachute flares(shamooleys).

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

No not on the moors at all ...way to far nth of stafford , I mean the base surrounded by farmers fields, houses woods and a main rail line , just like the one up in the n/e surrounded by houses fields etc, You stated the MoD does not use flares in such places < I am insisting they do........

where shamooleys are used all the time,

[edit on 27-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Just to add to the confussion:

Location of Sighting: South Shields
Date of Sighting: 31/10/09
Time: 17:30 to 18:00hrs
Witness Name: gary sinclair

Witness Statement: looking out the house towards the south i seen a bright orange light first thoughts were a plane landing at newcastle but it had no flashing landing lights the average hieght for a landing plane to newcastle over s/shields is 2,500 to 3,500 ft .this ufo was about 6,000ft and moving very slow as it passed over my house it headed north i went to the back window and it accelerated really fast and sped of in a north direction towards northshields direction.this was not a plane or helicopter as it was making no niose.my brother also seen it from a nieghbouring estate and he said it was not a aircraft as we are both keen aviation enthusiasts and we both described it as a plane on fire sort of experience

Source: www.uk-ufo.co.uk

So not the 1st time orange lights have been seen over that area!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join