It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when "the apocalypse has begun, judgement day is here" - what next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
when TSHTF eventually, we should have an organised system whereby ats members (+friends) in whatever areas can meet up - like say in every town / city, we meet by the ruins of the old main central rail station.... maybe eg going there every suturday between noon and six pm - look, this is purely a random idea, but it kind of makes semse. just think.. what if?? what if? say it all went t*ts up tomorrow, we could at least know that on saturday we could meet up with others ...

so i reckon we should, as a community, organise some simple basic emergency arrangements so that whenever it comes, whatever happens, we can try to meet up with likeminded folk and start sorting it all out... you never know, it might just all go doolalley tomorrow - time to be prepared, people.

(this whole post is just a random stream of thought off the top of my head, but i reckon it merits further thought and discussion...)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That's a terrific idea because every town has at least one! Especially those of us who live in rural areas - it's hard to find like-minded folks around here. Now, how do we get the word out? *Star* and a ~flag~ for you coming up with this idea.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You probably already know the people that are like minded around you. If it is a SHTF scenario you might not want strangers to team up with. I personally want to know the people I would be trusting my life with. It will be important to get back to a clan type mentality with your friends and family. There also needs to be a food to person ratio worked out. You can't have more people in your group than food. Every person has to have a trade also. No parasites eating the food and not helping out. Children, the elderly or handicapped being the only exceptions. Everyone carries their own weight.

If you want a place to meet you might want to start at the nearest Grocery store in the can goods aisle.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by twentythreedom

Hooking up with likeminded folks is the most difficult part of this scenerio you speak of. Sorry to say but there are very few here on ATS I would trust.

Some on here would just as soon kill you as to look at you, especially if you have something they want. Some will just take without asking.

No, I don't feel I can trust someone that I have never known in person. And, I don't plan on meeting any of you. Too much hate and discontent on ATS.

Why do I come here if I feel this way? Because I can and I like to be heard as much as anyone else does. Most believe they have somewhat to offer to the crowd. I believe I do to. I say it and they take it or leave it.

But, ya'll ain't my family. My family does not talk to me the way some on here has talked to me. Meet with members? No thanks!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
if there is a judgement day its already here just sit back and watch it all come to an end.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
That's a terrific idea because every town has at least one! Especially those of us who live in rural areas - it's hard to find like-minded folks around here. Now, how do we get the word out? *Star* and a ~flag~ for you coming up with this idea.

ta. it just occurred to me as an idea that it'd be wise to have some "if all else fails" plan in mind. maybe not meeting fellow atsers, but at least like minded people, people prepared to work with others for the communal good. the railway station idea was because yes most towns have one, railway tracks are easy to see, find and follow... fairly straight and level, usually the most direct route from place to place.

the whole OP was just a thought i wanted to float out there, something to be developed and refined, but a basic when-all-else-fails, worst case scenario, fall of civilisation back up plan way to be able to hopefully meet up with other likeminded people....

i just think it's wise to have a basic plan in place, as a starting point for (if and) when it happens... time is running out, i think we need to make these plans NOW!! you know, something more than just tins of beans and a big gun... (aswell as, not instead of!!)

come on people, this is important stuff, there's loads of clever sayings about the supreme importance of being prepared and having plans in place...

any further suggestions, anyone?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Some simple WTSHTF guidelines:

1. Determine if it is worth it to try and fight for survival. You may not want to be around in the resulting aftermath of chaos and suffering.

2. If you do plan for survival then stock up on garden seeds and survival tools now, not later.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Death. But do not be afraid. Why would you be afraid you are a being of infinate llife.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is where those who are of faith will have the advandage, we will go to our Halls (or churchs to some) where we are familiar with our fellows, have similar thinking, and an established sense of community being already familiar with eachothers strengths and weaknesses.

If this does not seem reasonable or even ridiculous right now, after TSHTF...get down to your local Kindom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses(almost everybody know's where there's one in their town), you'll find dozens of people there willing to lend thier fellow man a helping hand, and willing to console those suffering losses.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.colinandrews.net...

Grand Maya Itza Council Speaks About 2012

November, 2008

To the caring Women and Men of the World:

Below you will find a greeting and explanation from the Grand Maya Itza Council regarding
2012. I agreed with Council members to do everything I can to get this word out to the World.
It is simply this:

1) Their calendars do not END in 2012 - soon after 2012 we, on planet earth, will experience the return to the astronomical configurations present when one of the calendars was begun 26,000 years ago ......and we simply experience that day and move on into a new cycle.....of another 26,000 years......
2) Others have mis-calculated dates, but the Grand Maya Itza Coucil do not want to point fingers. There is no healing in that.
3) The only way for Human Consciousness that has been pushed SO LOW is for those of a higher mind to do as they suggest, below - Concentrate with high intent on each of 52 sacred sites - designated below - and ask the caretakes of those sites to activate the positive energies available from each site......and by the end of 52 months - December 28, 2012, the entire planet will have the sacred-site grid re-activated and 'alight'.

Scroll down to the bottom of the link. Meeting places given.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
This is where those who are of faith will have the advandage, we will go to our Halls (or churchs to some) where we are familiar with our fellows, have similar thinking, and an established sense of community being already familiar with eachothers strengths and weaknesses.

If this does not seem reasonable or even ridiculous right now, after TSHTF...get down to your local Kindom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses(almost everybody know's where there's one in their town), you'll find dozens of people there willing to lend thier fellow man a helping hand, and willing to console those suffering losses.

that's sound advice, thankyou. when the rapture comes, how will the JWs that do not make the grade (ie the ones that aren't in the 144,000) deal with being left behind?

thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
in a SHTF scenario you won't want to meet at the station, all those bodies left rotting will bring about some unpleasant virus' then people's dog and other animals will revert to a more feral state so watch out for them too, you will also have to watch out for other survivors you may not be as kind as you.

if you have to stay in a town/city i would suggest staying at home as you will have superior knowledge of the area, if you really must leave your house i would recommend a church as these are built to last and are easily defendable from raids

as for food and water make sure you stock enough to survive for at least a month and have seeds for when it runs out, get a water filter so you can purify your own water if need be.

i live in england so the first thing ill be doing is going to the army base near me and getting some firearms to defend myself and my family

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Who needs a community of people to survive in the post-apocalypse. Sure theres strength in numbers, but numbers also draw a lot of attention. And when there are numbers in your group there will be fights, arguments, rivalries, betrayal, and splitting off. It would be much more efficient to have just yourself, Maybe even your dog or cat for companionship so you won't get lonely. I've been thinking a lot about the apocalypse for the past year or so. I saw something on youtube that was really cool. This man had a shipping container as a home. So I'm thinking, dig a big hole, slightly bigger than the shipping container.Pour a layer of concrete on the bottom, lower the container on top of it, then fill in the sides and top with concrete. Have a smaller hole at the front for stairs. Move in a bed, books, paper and pencils, canned goods and the sort. Viola, there you have it, a post-apocalyptic shelter. Then your set for a couple of weeks. Go out forage, stick to the shadows, and you could have a successful life without anyone getting in the way.

Also there's this new series on Discovery called The Colony. It's very interesting and I'll be watching the whole season. Some of you interested in this subject should check it out.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by CoFMinion]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by twentythreedom

If you see some witnesses on the streat, or if they make it to your door this month, as them for the August issues of the Watchtower, and Awake magazines. Many of your misconceptions about them are cleared up in these issues. Pretty timeley I guess... the Watchtower theme article is "Is the End Near" and the Awakes theme article "Jehovah's Witnesses - Who are they"

But, in case you don't get the opportunity...witnesses don't beleive that they have a monopoly on being included in the few 144,000 that recieve a heveanly position.
Almost all of the current 7 million plus active (that means the ones that regularly make it out in the door to door work-that number does not include their family members and bible studies) Jehovah's Witnesses believe in an earthly hope, one that after the appocolypse, or rather armegeddon, there will be a rebuilding and cleaning of the earth...that is why they chose to do their best now to practive living good lives, and working together in an organized manner. But...if you are interested in what the bible teaches you can try the website watchtower.org

new topics

top topics

join