It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Deception YouTube Account Hacked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From my personal blog Fascist Soup:

The account of the YouTube channel that hosted the Obama Deception movie with over 6 million views was hacked today.

ChangeDaChannel fills us in:

ChangeDaChannel makes the point that if the video is a bunch of rubbish, as is constantly claimed by the democrats and neocon-republicans, one has to wonder why someone would go through all the trouble of hacking the account. Of course, its not rubbish. Alex directly attacks the banks and corporate interests running our government. Exposing both sides as a bunch of corrupt lying fascists.

I consider this a serious problem for one primary reason. The video was embedded all over the web hundreds of thousands of different places. When the video is deleted from the system, the specific identifier is also deleted. This means that even if Change uploads a new version of the video, all the previous links to the video all over the web will no longer be working.

It really is a sad day for liberty.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Wow. And no one gives a crap eh? Well I'm with you man. If it's BS then why did they bother hacking it? If anything it's helping to wake up millions to the corrupt lying murderers who've stolen away our government.

Guess we'll just have to start a new campaign to send the link to people! S&F for the update on the scum's actions vs the American people.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

Wow. And no one gives a crap eh? Well I'm with you man. If it's BS then why did they bother hacking it? If anything it's helping to wake up millions to the corrupt lying murderers who've stolen away our government.

Easy. And I'll play devil's advocate (I usually do): Hack yourself to increase your cred! I doubt anyone there is above those tactics.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I would agree tehy aren't above it. I would say I really don't think that hacking yourself for cred accomplishes more than it hurts you by destroying all the existing links as alluded to in the OP.

Also, I think that while they may sensationalize things (AJ anyway), the videos hold much truth. Now that being said, I don't think they are smart enough to come up with a plan like that either. That's the kind of disruption that comes right out of the gov playbook.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Considering "hacking" yourself deletes the video links all across the world wide web, that seems to be a pretty retarded way of generating "street cred"

Since neither Alex or Change is retarded, it stands to reason they didn't hack themselves.

We have to consider that no matter what one thinks of Alex Jones, it would have to be ChangeDaChannel that did the deleting in such a case.

If you've watched his videos, its clear he would never do that.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
PTB put a end to that Number 1 search victory.

During the July 16, 2010 show, Alex Jones asked listeners to search for the term “The Obama Deception” on Google, Yahoo, and other major search engines in an effort to show the strength and influence of the patriot movement. You responded en masse and within two hours of putting out the call, The Obama Deception was the number one hot search topic on Google.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I really don't think that hacking yourself for cred accomplishes more than it hurts you by destroying all the existing links as alluded to in the OP.

exactly... that vid was constantly being linked to people's facebook, websites etc... with over 6 million views.... they have no choice but to encourage people to double the effort

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All people would have to do now is work twice as hard.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
@Redwookieaz and mnemeth1:
Oh, but it draws attention. As is often said, no publicity is bad publicity. Of course they know that it affect all references, as do I. Then you can say "OMG, they must be taking us very seriously." It makes the stunt even more significant. A good portion of links will be repaired. The new ones will be used instead and life will go on.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Sure.

Killing yourself draws attention too.

Its not very productive though.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There have been plenty of accounts hacked on youtube. I think its a shame but then again Im sure the owner of the account has copies of his videos to upload online, and I am sure he can report it. But then again it is a great opportunity for the owner/uploader of these videos to scream for attention and make it out as if the government or some shadow group did this to him. What better way to make yourself feel special than to act out that the government is out to silence you?

I certainly hope he gets his videos back up, Im sure he will. But I highly doubt the hacker was some CIA NSA agent or what have you. This guy gives himself too much credit.

As for Alex Jones? Plenty of videos are on DVD, and I highly doubt he is any threat to the government, infact all he does is lead people away from the real problem with the government. He is an essential component to covering the real problem with the government.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

He never said it was the CIA/NSA that did it.

With 6 million views, the video is bound to have pissed someone off.

I'm sure some big government loving dork with too much time on his hands decided to take down the videos because he didn't like someone pointing out the criminality of our government.

Free speech is not in the lexicon of fascists.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Curse you!!! I shake my fist in your general direction for jumping on this before me.
I was wondering if you were to hack yourself per se and advertise for the ratings or views. Good play!
Someone said they are not smart enough to do something like this as it is like right out of the Gubbmment playbook, if so the foundation has been laid, and all you gotta do is follow the pattern, nothing hard there.
Now for all of the work involved with reposting videos….what else does Change do?
I’m sure he does things around the “off da grid” area he lives but web is his forte.
And Alex, I’m sure he has a web tech for these things, as he has mobs of brainwashed end of the worlders.
Now someone has said “Killing yourself draws attention too. Its not very productive though”.
I say nonsense, these people have not died, a http link will have to be rejoined simple as that, death was a bad thing to use as a comparison.
But let’s go to an extreme, let’s be dark here.
Would you die for a good cause, or would you even die for one of your children?
I know I would, I also know that other people have died or even killed themselves to get an idea across. They are called Martyrs some have been known as nuts but there are some who are remembered as a noble person.
So in my opinion it nullifies your argument.
This was a nice try at a diversion by whomever orchestrated it tho

(Edit) frainbart, I forgot to add something.
Just because a video has 6 million views does'nt mean the video has been finished 6 million times. alot of people will see the opener and say oh no I'm not watching this brainwash.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

dude.

Coherent:

1 a : logically or aesthetically ordered or integrated : consistent b : having clarity or intelligibility : understandable

2 : having the quality of cohering; especially : cohesive, coordinated

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

DUDE?

Explain
Main Entry: ex·plain
Pronunciation: \ik-ˈsplān\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English explanen, from Latin explanare, literally, to make level, from ex- + planus level, flat — more at floor
Date: 15th century
transitive verb
1 a : to make known b : to make plain or understandable
2 : to give the reason for or cause of
3 : to show the logical development or relationships of
intransitive verb
: to make something plain or understandable

— ex·plain·able \-ˈsplā-nə-bəl\ adjective

— ex·plain·er noun

— explain oneself : to clarify one's statements or the reasons for one's conduct

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Words cannot describe how little I regard Alex Jones and his ilk. I wouldn't put them hacking themselves out of the picture. More than likely, the user or some inner party members in the Alex Jones circle was 'careless' with their password and someone got wind of it and used the password to log on and delete vids. To call this hacking is doing a complete disservice to hackers everywhere. They make it sound like some Neuromancer used his super 1337 skillzorz to 'hack' into it. Their password was stolen/found/cracked/planted... nuff said.

I'm sure some big government loving dork with too much time on his hands decided to take down the videos because he didn't like someone pointing out the criminality of our government.

Prolly just another Obama Cultist trying to piss off a bunch Alex Jones-heads..... hey, it worked.

I think what is the ultimate irony is the fact that if Alex Jones was right about everything, it would be a lot easier to get freedom.... sadly, the conspiracy runs so deep that every man, woman, and child is not a victim of the conspiracy, but a co-conspirator. Jones has this idea that centralized power must come from a centralized conspiracy, but in fact, the lies are so entrenched in our society that it is almost impossible to find a single person who is, one way or another, not part of the underlying problem. It isn't some small group or commission, or council.... it is all of us.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I take Rothbard's stand.

Anything that takes us closer to liberty is good, anything that takes us further away is bad.

Alex Jones does a lot of good and very little bad.

Of conspiracy, Rothbard writes in Reason, April 1977:

Far from being a paranoid or a determinist, the conspiracy analyst is a praxeologist; that is, he believes that people act purposively, that they make conscious choices to employ means in order to arrive at goals. Hence, if a steel tariff is passed, he assumes that the steel industry lobbied for it; if a public works project is created, he hypothesizes that it was promoted by an alliance of construction firms and unions who enjoyed public works contracts, and bureaucrats who expanded their jobs and incomes. It is the opponents of "conspiracy" analysis who profess to believe that all events – at least in government – are random and unplanned, and that therefore people do not engage in purposive choice and planning.

Alex isn't perfect, nor am I. But as far as talk show hosts and movie producers go, he's heads and tails above the rest.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
More Rothbard from the same article:

Do we say that David Rockefeller's prodigious efforts on behalf of certain statist public policies are merely a reflection of unfocused altruism? Or is there pursuit of economic interest involved? Was Jimmy Carter named a member of the Trilateral Commission as soon as it was founded because Rockefeller and the others wanted to hear the wisdom of an obscure Georgia governor? Or was he plucked out of obscurity and made President by their support? Was J. Paul Austin, head of Coca-Cola, an early supporter of Jimmy Carter merely out of concern for the common good? Were all the Trilateralists and Rockefeller Foundation and Coca-Cola people chosen by Carter simply because he felt that they were the ablest possible people for the job? If so, it's a coincidence that boggles the mind. Or are there more sinister political-economic interests involved? I submit that the naïfs who stubbornly refuse to examine the interplay of political and economic interest in government are tossing away an essential tool for analyzing the world in which we live.

I find it interesting to note that he wrote this in 1977.

One year after I was born.

Rothbard was a visionary.

Or was he plucked out of obscurity and made President by their support?

Sound like anyone we know today?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just another case of a poorly thoughout Password

Nothing to see here so move along folks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Alex I know... you and the dog I don't

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join