It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann forms Tea Party Caucus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Republicans have been wrangling for more than a year over how exactly to handle the tea party movement, but now Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is bringing them under the big tent.

The House Administration committee, which usually takes days to approve something of this nature, approved Bachmann's request to create a House Tea Party Caucus in a day. It will certainly give the national movement a more official voice within the House Republican Conference.

Bachmann, already a hero within the tea party, sent a letter to House Administration Chairman Robert Brady (D-Pa.) Thursday to register the House Tea Party Caucus to serve as an “informal group of members dedicated to promote Americans’ call for fiscal responsibility, adherence to the Constitution and limited government.”

Michele Bachmann?

You mean Caribou Barbie’s psycho sister!?

Okay enough laughing. So what happened to the grassroots Tea Party? It never existed! It always belonged to the Republican establishment, now it is openly official because now it is the establishment. Any surprises here?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Rick Santenelli knows all about it....many bought into it....including me unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As a Tea Party member that joined at the very start, I am FURIOUS that the GOP has been trying to hijack the Tea Party and claim it as their own!!!

The WHOLE POINT of the Tea Party at it's grassroots level is that we are sick and tired of the corrupt two-party monopoly on the system. The Tea Party founders were both liberal and conservative alike and we were united in fighting the sell-out Democans & Republicrats who sold out the American people to the globalists and bankers decades ago.

FWIW I'm a Libertarian and marched in one of the very first Tea Party rallies - alongside my dear friend and coworker who is a liberal!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

informal group of members dedicated to promote Americans’ call for fiscal responsibility, adherence to the Constitution and limited government.”

You would think this should have been the agenda without a caucus.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The real tea party's just about finished.... as soon as I saw the establishment stick that bimbo's face (Palin) all over the movement I knew things were not going to go well.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Same here. As soon as I saw the Repub's start to slither theur way onto the speaking cicuits I distanced myself. And the last Tea Party event I attended was here in Orlando and had a discussion with a gentlemen in the crowd, as a local Tea Party organizer was speaking. "The organizer was telling the folks," we need to get the dems out of office and put the republicans back to thier rightful place!" Thats when me and this fellow Libertarian left and went to the local watering hole. For the record I trust NO ONE that has the means and the want to be a politician, nor ANYONE who sides wholly with one of the 2 pseudopolitical parties.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, what do you guys expect? Can you say that the TPM was closer to the Dem's? No way, not a chance.

This does not bring the entire TPM into the GOP tent, only a subset. A similar subset could be induced to join the Libertarian Party, if someone wanted to do the work.

Don't blame Bachmann, or for Gods sake, Palin. All your misguided hate is coming out again.

Michele Bachmann?

You mean Caribou Barbie’s psycho sister!?

This is why the Dem will lose big time in November. Character attacks instead of discussing the issues. But that is what the Dem party has descended into, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

And the last Tea Party event I attended was here in Orlando and had a discussion with a gentlemen in the crowd, as a local Tea Party organizer was speaking. "The organizer was telling the folks," we need to get the dems out of office and put the republicans back to thier rightful place!" Thats when me and this fellow Libertarian left and went to the local watering hole.

Well then, what were you doing at a political gathering? At those things, you get to hear blatherings from both ends of the political spectrum. You need to be able to seperate the chaff from the wheat, and ignore objectionable rhetoric.

If you are going to flee to the nearest bar at the first sign of discontent, you don't belong there to begin with.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
So what happened to the grassroots Tea Party? It never existed! It always belonged to the Republican establishment, now it is openly official because now it is the establishment. Any surprises here?

Oh, I get it now. So because some politician went and used 'Tea Party' as a name to create a caucus and because some supporters of the tea parties support that politican, that means that the tea parties were never grassroots to begin with. Yeah, that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is,the left is terrified of the tea party and well they should be. There are members of the right who should also be terrified as well and come Nov we'll see just how strong the tea party is.

Remember when the tea party marches were first forming and Obama said what protests? Like he wasnt aware ha ha ha,then Pelosi called us astroturf and now they are attacking ala naacp,well dear tea party members take heart for we are finally in the last stage.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi

[edit on 7/18/10 by nickoli]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm beginning to realize why the Dem's hate the TPM so much....

They never came up with the idea to form their own TPM

They couldn't form their own version of the TPM, because they are so fractured and leaderless right now. Their messiah has turned out to be a court jester with no abilities at all...

So, instead, they resort to claims of racism, and attacking the character of TPM members.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

This is why the Dem will lose big time in November. Character attacks instead of discussing the issues. But that is what the Dem party has descended into, unfortunately.

The Dem's will lose in November but blaming them for not discussing the issues is hypocritical and you know it. No party discusses the issues.
Rush, the real leader of the GOP only trashes the opposition and dosen't discuss the issues.

rawstory.com...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

The fact is I had been to 3 seperate rallies here in Florida and this "rhetoric" slowly turned into a fully blown GOP rally by the last occurrence. I have been attending Tea Parties since Ron Paul began them so i am well aware and able to handle both sides of the arguements. But I will be damned if I will be a part of something that WILL (mark my words) become part of one of the 2 institutional pseudoparties.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The Dem's will lose in November but blaming them for not discussing the issues is hypocritical and you know it. No party discusses the issues.
Rush, the real leader of the GOP only trashes the opposition and dosen't discuss the issues.

rawstory.com...

I like Peter King. And I agree with him that laying out their strategy will only give ammo to the opposition, Much better to focus on Obama's myriad screw-ups, and the ineptitude of Pelosi and Reid and Dodd and Frank and....

That's plenty of ammo to sink the Dem's ship. Why go any further? The rest of it can wait till we boot Obama's skinny ass out of the WH in 2012.

Btw: Rush discusses every issue. But it's good to know that you're listening. You will soon become a dittohead. Welcome

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
WHAT IF the Tea Party was black??

[edit on 18-7-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

But I will be damned if I will be a part of something that WILL (mark my words) become part of one of the 2 institutional pseudoparties.

And I totally agree with you, djvexd. The GOP does not have my support at all, given the foolhardy way they've run the party for the past 10 years. They need to work their way back into my confidence, and that will take years.

I'm a conservative, slightly libertarian, independent.You may hate Palin, but she fits the conservative bill at least. So does Bachmann.

It's not time yet for a third party win. But I do support fielding a real independent candidate, to plow the ground for the future.

The TPM is moving closer to the GOP, but there are factions that are still indy, libertarian, and several others. It is not a one party movement; all people are welcome. Their main criteria is a conservative view of gov and spending. Don't lump them all under the same tent.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

To be absolutley honest I don't hate Palin. Though I don't think she has the galms to serve ina higher office. As a matter of fact I don't hate Bachmann. What I hate is they institutional lying. No one in politics ever tells the truth anymore. Not that I ever believed they did. But these people are supposed to be representatives of our country; of US! Instead they lie to get into office to increase thier bank accounts and secure thier power. Nothing more.

top topics

join