It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's really sad how some people here refuse to deal in facts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
With a disaster as horrible is this, it greatly irritates me how hyperbolic many posters have become.

Thinking everything is a lie, everything is a cover up, the world is ending in a methane explosion of fiery doom and pain, an earthquake that's going to crack the earth in two and pop open like an easter egg...

Enough already.

Stop letting wild speculation get the best of you. Deal with the facts. Don't let the opinion of some random "expert" take hold of you and allow you to propogate that opinion as fact. It's really sad the extent to which that happens here on this board.

Like the topic on the main page about BP "obviously" covering up another leak. Everyone's acting like that's some sort of fact, when the reality is it's nothing more than wild speculation. Treat it as such.

Remember, deny ignorance. It works both ways. Just because we're wise to conspiracy theories doesn't mean we turn EVERYTHING into some massive doomsday conspiracy.

It angers me, because even after the well has capped, it almost seems like some of you WANT this catastrophe to continue so you can propogate more of this world ending doomsday nonsense. It's really aggrivating.

The spill is bad enough, we don't need layers of hyperbole added on top of it. I can respect everyone's opinion, but only if it isn't propogated as fact.

Just because you heard XXXX from YYYY doesn't mean XXXX is going to happen or that YYYYY is even as credible a source as you seem to believe.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[edit on 16-7-2010 by Tragic]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
With all due respect, that's not an excuse to fly off the handle and deny the facts.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
With all due respect, my posting here was a mistake. It was supposed to be in a different section. (I have 2 different windows open). Which is why I deleted it out right away.
Either way, good luck.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You've got my full support OP. I'm with you.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
All possibilities should be explored, and theories should be taken with a grain of salt.

And why is BP covering up more leaks outlandish?

How many times have they lied so far?

I still havent seen an explanation for this ROV video showing oil leaking from the seafloor. ireport.cnn.com...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by CREAM]

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Lets see...
Outright lying since day 1, media blackout, police state in the gulf coast...
You wanna settle for it? Good for you, but then dont come moaning you believed them...
Oh and lets not forget that BP is still liable, and lets not forget, they have waited 3 months nearly to do something that, in my untrained eyes, could have been done 10 weeks ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Junxlinx, your eyes are just as you say they are.....untrained. If BP could have plugged the leak 10 weeks ago, they would have. Do you really think that BP wanted to destroy itself by having an oil well spew oil into the gulf all this time? No, no they didn't. Fixing this isn't like fixing a leaky faucet in your house, it's more complicated than you are able to comprehend.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I guess in some cases there are minds that run wild, but on average I feel that people have a right to be somewhat skeptical of the official line. Haven't we just been through ten years of;

Sure he has Weapons of Mass Destruction, just look at these satellite photos.

2004 - The economy is great just look at the productivity numbers..
2005 - The economy is great just look at the productivity numbers..
2006 - same line
@007 - same line
2008 - There won't be a downturn in the economy
2009 - Who would have known this would happen to the economy?

And those are the tip of the iceberg.....

There's only 5,000 barrels flowing out each day.....

I'm happy to see the cap on and I'd love to think that this will all be over soon in a positive fashion, but there have already been enough miscalculations and possible other plumes of oil miles away from the originating site to feel that they have this whole thing under control.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by The Difference]

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Your not being paranoid if they really are after you. Moving along, I agree with you about turning everything into a conspiracy as not only being absurd, but also counter-productive. At the least, it hinders the credibility of real and true conspiracies. It also bogs down the truth and confuses real and viable research.

With that being said, this is a conspiracy website and discussion board, so it is only logical that people will front these theories. You can't really knock people for posting them here. If this wasn't a conspiracy themed board, then I could easily run with your argument.

--airspoon

[edit on 16-7-2010 by airspoon]

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I do indeed understand the OP perspective.

What are the facts? Here are a few.

Fact = Science is based on some theories.
Fact = Science has specialized fields.
Fact = The Earth is one collective ecosystem.
Fact = The collective ecosystem is not considered by specialized sciences.

People have a right to freak out because they are resigned to allow the criminal to cleanup his crime scene. That makes me uneasy too.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I can understand your point bud and to an extent I agree, more so with “get the facts and tell the truth” but we know from various sources that the well head was not the only ‘leak’ in the Gulf – Fact:
One of the sources that say there are more leaks:

Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "There's Another Leak, Much bigger, 5 to 6 miles away"
Oil Well Expert stating that the Well Cap is a sham:

With stories such as those above and many more linked to from various threads on here, how are we supposed to trust and believe all that we are told.

Now the last thing would want to see is for this to go pear shaped and I hope with all my heart we are all wrong and this tragic situation is behind us (Well the leak at least) but one day one of these Corporations are going to majorly mess up, if this case was proven and people actually took note that are in a position to do something about then it would have been prevented.

After weeks of speculation, accusations and a shed load of research why are we content in believing what these ‘people just a day after they claim to have sealed the leak, well one of them at least. It’s all good because the msm say so. They are pretty much told what to say, this we know with the media blackout and the main players (msm) being spoon fed information that BP feels we want to hear.
Sorry mate but I am not going along with what BP say as much as I would love to believe a company that’s supposed to be trusted but also has the accident history they have.
People should remain calm, find the facts and report them with their own opinions added, fear mongering helps no one I agree but there are so many ways this can still go and I for one am waiting with baited breath for this whole affair to blow up in BP’s face because I feel this is the only way it seems that lesson can be learned.

As I said at the start of this post, I agree with some of your points but I don’t believe for one minute they have sealed the leak that was spewing millions of gallons of crude oil in to the Gulf. The varying flow rates displayed on the ROV feeds for one do not add up and this is something I may put a thread together for at a later time because although we are talking about the sea bed, that does not explain the fishy smell I am getting from BP. Where are all the feeds and why are they not showing us what’s actually going on and giving us the figures in order to settle our minds and give us hope.

Peace... ST

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Matt Simmons is a banker at best and a journalist at worst. He has as much technical knowledge about the subject matter as a gerbil. The fact that he is only interviewed by MSNBC should give everyone a hint about his credibility.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't think the initial incident was a conspiracy so much as the relief effort. I believe that the actual leak itself was an accident, while the effort to contain and clean it is a conspiracy. I think the relief effort is hampered by BP wanting to save money and profit from the drilled reserve.

I also find the cover-up to be a conspiracy but again, only tied to the other reasons mentioned in the above paragraph.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwizard
Junxlinx, your eyes are just as you say they are.....untrained. If BP could have plugged the leak 10 weeks ago, they would have. Do you really think that BP wanted to destroy itself by having an oil well spew oil into the gulf all this time? No, no they didn't. Fixing this isn't like fixing a leaky faucet in your house, it's more complicated than you are able to comprehend.

yes, yes!
that oil is worth BIG money
if BP could plug the leak they definitely would

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

It angers me, because even after the well has capped, it almost seems like some of you WANT this catastrophe to continue so you can propogate more of this world ending doomsday nonsense. It's really aggrivating.

I 100% agree with this...you can tell some of the people who are frantic about this absolutely WANT something to happen. I don't know if it is so they can say "told ya so" or so they have some excitement in their life or maybe they are just disturbed individuals who like to see disasters (car crash spectators).

Good thread...it had to be said...and people should listen...but we both know they won't.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
you need to be able to explore every option

no one in this planet knows the truth about everything .... its the sharing of information and discussions the way to reach the highest level of knowledge possible

its not because its far fetched that you will dis consider a theory .. you need to explore all possibilities ... you never know

but I agree, there are a lot of bad threads in this board, but there is nothing we can do about it if there are not enough tools for the own members to fix the board

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My take on people waxing hysterical? Go for it!
If nothing else it's like laughing at a funeral - It might be a bit out of place, but it eases the pain.

As for me I'd rather lean to the side of believing the worst - and be pleasantly surprised - than act like all is peachy in the world and find the fruit rotten and full of worms.

Extremists can go either way - that's a given - but erring on the side of caution is always a good thing.

And if you're pretending we're being told the truth?
Then I've got one of those peaches to sell you.

So, prepare for the worst folks - and have a good day!

peace

EDIT TO ADD: Dang, the ink wasn't even dry on my post here and look what popped up...

Obama Warns America The (OIL) Cap May Be Removed

But will I say 'I told you so?'

Not me...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

That's SOP here, apparently.

A thousand experts can agree on something, but when ONE comes along and disagrees, then everyone falls into lock-step behind him. They discount the 1,000 because they don't reinforce their worldview.

So, they disregard anyone who tells them something contrary to what they already believe. And yet they claim that they are logical, rational people who are "denying ignorance."

In summary, they're just as bad as the "sheeple" they claim superiority over.

Sure, you should doubt anything "official." But that doubt should also extend to those who seem to confirm your suspicions. It's just like email forwarders of thoroughly debunked urban legends - they WANT to believe the message, so they won't take 10 seconds to go to Google and see what they find. And thus, they remain ignorant.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The problem being, the only "facts" are coming directly from BP, who quite frankly have not been just a little shady, but outright secretive in order to cover their own butts. The fact that not one investigative jounalist (atleast part of the MSM) has actually done the work nessecary to bring us the whole story is deplorable. The fact that our government has had absolutely no part in controlling the situation, and for that matter has supported what I consider to be a media blackout, is also deplorable. Everybody at this point is playing the CYA game, and the media is as useless as a Jello doorknob.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join