It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REX helps Paraplegics walk again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I was just watching this on the news, yea it was mainstream, but it was something that I thought should be brought to our attention. This was written on back in Feburary, but I'm giving you guys a update to it. Heres the link

Link

The legs move slowly, but its a HUGE step towards people that are paralized walking again. Makes me happy that there are still people in the world that are trying to help humanity, not destroy it.

-Drake Darc

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DrakeDarc]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Still new at post, I screwed up the Youtube link embedd, but at least you can click on it and it will bring you to the video.

Heres the link

YOU TUBE Link

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DrakeDarc]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

Thank you for posting this thread, I also saw the report on the MSM news. It's excellent that these bionic legs make it possible for people with severed spinal cords to be able to walk upright again. What an awesome invention from these 2 kiwi guys.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
that reminds me of the japanese walking assist machine

mostly i think it is for people with weak legs or elderly, or i suppose other uses

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Seems like were getting closer to replacing lost limbs with bio mechanical ones. Its definitly a ray of hope for people with these types of problems.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Yea, I remember seeing this too a few weeks ago. It seems like a new toy for kids, even though its not, just seems thats what it would turn into, I know I would get one just to screw around and try doing jumps or something, lol.

new topics

top topics

join