It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012- My thoughts on the end times and doomsday prophecies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have given this much thought over many years.
Over the course of my research I have jumped on many bandwagons.
Alien invasion, meteor/asteroid strike,natural disaster,nuclear war,god's return..you name it.
Many cultures have prophesied the end times in one way or another.Some as a definitive end of civilization, some as a transition from one way to another.
The common theme to all of them, is just one thing...
FEAR
Long ago man realized he could use fear to control those around him. If creative enough, he could use it to control armies, cities, generations of those long after he was gone.
He could make people believe anything he said was true..whether spoken, written, or carved in stone.
Whether fact or fiction, it was accepted as truth, and passed on.
As stories get passed on, they become more sensationalized, more elaborate.
And so we face them today..stories, told for the control of others..elaborated to STILL control US.
What will we see December 2012?
Those who believe/ fear alien invasion...or disclosure..will watch the skies will be disappointed.
Those who wait for the second coming, will flock to churches and pray to be saved from a failing life...will go home empty of spirit and faith.
Those who believe natural disaster or nuclear war will be hunkered down in their safe place, with their MRE's and guns..bug out bags nearby...and wake up to a beautiful sunrise, with the world still intact, and no mushroom clouds.
The change in our world will not come about because of any of the above.
It will come about because now we go forward into a new unknown.
We will change, of that I have no doubt. And because we create the world around us..the world will change.
Some will not make it intact..the fear will be too great.
Iam sad about that....but they have their own destiny in this life and the next.
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
Good luck to all in your new beginning.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
and so it goes. The doors of perception shall be cleansed.
Enjoy your new beginning as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The common theme to all of them, is just one thing...
FEAR

I disagree, 2012 is nothing to fear, even the myans themselves say its an event to look forwards to.

I think you've been caught up by this pop culture fiction of it somehow being the end of the world, it could be the end of the world as we know it but transition would be a better term.

Why should I fear things transitioning for the better in 2012?
Why should I fear a mass raising of consciousness, a global spiritual awakening? Abandoning of religion..
Why should I fear TPTB loosing control?
Why should I fear the cessation of an incarnation?
Why should I fear then dawning of an age of peace, and the ending of an age of war, famine, pestilance and death?

The fear you think you see is actually within yourself....you need to come to grips with your own fears that lie within, not "out there" being spread by others.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Think of 2012 as, oh, sort of like what the human body experiences. I read and was taught in a college course on human biology that the human body undergoes a change in metabolism every 7 years. No, it doesn't all occur at once. It's a 7 year process and at the end of 7 years, the metabolism is not at all what it orginally was 7 years prior.

I recall it was a theory, but it was receiving very good accollades and data to support it. As the doctor who taught the class mentioned, a heroin addict, if he/she can live to be about 40 years old, can kick the habit easily, because the body's metabolism changes. I dunno. I was just there to get a grade so I could move on and get a degree in something else.

The doctor also had his own ideas about it all. Like, perhaps the period isn't set at 7 years. Perhaps there are major changes that occur during the 7 years, but overall, there is a longer time period as well, concerning changes in the human metabolism. Yawn. Yeah, I did that a lot in the class. lol. What does all this have to do with me becoming an accountant? lol Anyway, we all know the drill, you gotta have introductions to other ideas, careers, subjects, etc.

Oh, back to the topic.

So maybe what is occuring is an advancement in some way, of humanity, and at this point in our time, Dec 21 2012, humanity, in regards not to physical states, but inner states of the mind and spirit, will be a very different "thing" than previously viewed so many thousands of years ago, whatever the number of years, according to the Mayan calender.

But! So I turned 14 years old and my metabolism was completely changed from when I was 7. What about the kid born a year later than me? While I have undergone a complete transformation, it can't be expected that this younger fellow, also did. He's got another year to go!

So, I suppose what I am rather poorly getting to is that some people might realize this great change in themselves, and others, well, they haven't reached that point yet. And it doesn't mean, in my opinion, that all hope is lost for them. Hell, they are on their own time schedule.

Meanwhile, while this doctor was theorizing about people having their own personal development schedules, it sure didn't stop him from saying, " Ahem. Mr. Kyred! We have a schedule we are on and would it be too much for you, sir, to adhere to this schedule and not arrive late?"

2012? Meh. Physical changes that will effect everyone? Perhaps. A sudden change within every single living person at that time? Meh.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just have to laugh.
Who in their right mind can point to any evidence that anything in the world is improving?
As a country or even the acts of the world or earth itself.
“Feel” anything you want to but the evidence is ….you have to really be special to believe anything else….
Sorry.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Im personally betting on nothing of significance happening in 2012. Other than a mad scramble to find the next plausible date upon which we can hang our new doomsday fascinations on.

I personally think it ties in to people all feeling special. On some level I think the idea that "the end" might happen in your life times makes you somehow more special than all the people who have died by other means over human history. Im not so sure its just fear, as it is fear of being utterly insignificant. Being here for the final bell seems to me kinda like getting invited to that real popular kids birthday party when you are 6.

I personally think that no matter how much I might want to be special, I am really just not. I will likely suffer the indignities of old age, and end up crapping myself in a diaper somewhere, and die of hemorrhoids or something equally undignified, rather than go out in some cosmic blaze of glory.

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Got any links, videos, facts, evidence, or proof that nothing will happen in 2012. Just look at the economy, the oil disaster, and even NASA has even admitted the their is going to be solar storms in 2012.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

Nasa said 2013,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

While scientists have previously told of the dangers of the storm, Dr Fisher’s comments are the most comprehensive warnings from Nasa to date.

Dr Fisher, 69, said the storm, which will cause the Sun to reach temperatures of more than 10,000 F (5500C), occurred only a few times over a person’s life.

Every 22 years the Sun’s magnetic energy cycle peaks while the number of sun spots – or flares – hits a maximum level every 11 years.

Dr Fisher, a Nasa scientist for 20 years, said these two events would combine in 2013 to produce huge levels of radiation.

the economy tanked in 2008, the oil spill is in 2010, and the alignment with the center of the galaxy was in 1998.

en.wikipedia.org...

Astronomers argue that the galactic equator is an entirely arbitrary line, and can never be precisely determined because it is impossible to say exactly where the Milky Way begins or ends. Jenkins claims he drew his conclusions about the location of the galactic equator from observations taken at above 11,000 feet, which is higher than any of the Maya lived.[45] Furthermore, the precessional alignment of the Sun with any single point is not exclusive to a specific year, but takes place over a 36-year period, corresponding to its diameter. Jenkins himself notes that, even given his determined location for the line of the galactic equator, its most precise convergence with the centre of the Sun already occurred in 1998.[55][56]

Of course I am not psychic, and there is a possibility the world COULD come to an end Dec 21, 2012, but then that possibility also exists any other day, too.

I think for me it is just like the threat of us getting "nuked." I have heard so many doomsday scenarios, (the planetary alignment, Y2K, then no no no, its really 2001, then no, we really meant 2012.....) I just think I am worn out. Kinda like the orange alert for terrorism when you go to the airport. Its been an orange alert since 2001 for cryin' out loud. Can we just change it up once in a while? You know, kinda like that.

The boy has cried wolf so many times I just cant get excited about the next, nuclear war, terrorist attack, or doomsday scenario anymore. Ya know?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nothing will happen in 2012. That will lead to 2 things:
1. Absurd claims that other dates are the new real dates
2. Claims that events of 2012 were the prophecized events

Examples are:
1. The real date will be shifted back to 2021 and 2012 will be claimed as a typo on the Mayan calendar. Actually, the typo will be shown to be a chipped glyph due to a drunken conquistador.
2. The date will be shifted to 2010 when Gary Coleman died.
3. The loss of the world contenders for water polo in the summer olympics will be blamed on torsion fields and the rare 12 strand DNA.
4. The Venus transit in 2012 will be blamed for the reason that some government was thrown out of office either by violence or the ballot box.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hi,

Since this topic has come up , i would lke to add something ... a dream that i had yesterday night...
it was very weird....
it was similar to the end times that we all talk about.
The scene was that we all are waiting for something to happen ...something interesting...the skies are red...then someone asks 'where's the moon' and suddenly out of nowhere the moon comes out of the clouds and rushes somewhere and again dissapears somewhere we waited and waited and finally nothing disastrous happened....
but throughout my dream there wasn't any light i mean the skies were always dark and mostly red.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The "end times"have been just around the corner for thousands of years or so.

2012 was not even known about until it was written about in a book,that nobody has read,by a writer nobody heard of.

Then the media looking for a sensational story picked up on it.

The Mayan elders are not worried about it and there is also carvings that speak of dates AFTER 2012.

Something "could" happen tomorrow or never.

I am not losing sleep over it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

The Mayan elders are not worried about it and there is also carvings that speak of dates AFTER 2012.

Not to mention, as someone else pointed out in another thread, they didnt do such a good job predicting the fall of their own civilization, so what makes us think they can predict the fall of any other one?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Amazing.
the majority of you missed what I said completely.
Better re-read.
I myself am not making any claims, or prophecies.
I have been fascinated by the end times for over a decade.
Read everything I could and even cross referenced similarities between cultures.
Ya'll are pretty quick to skim through a post and reply without much thought put into it.
Illusionsaregrander- you are the only one who came close to actually "getting it".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
AccessDenied how are you.... I haven't seen you on the boards in awhile so it's nice to see you again.

I understand what you write and for 2012 it might be just another day we won't know until it happens that's for sure.

What I write here if it does not come to pass by March 17, 2046 then my life has been for naught.

Disaster will come before the New Beginning can.... BEGIN.

Whether the disaster is natural or man-made their is a disaster that is coming that is supposed to have been an extinction level event. The Beings are here and trying to eleviate this event as best they can when the time comes. The Volcanos and earthquakes and storms will only get worse as Earth is nearing Birth.

As birth arrives Volcanoes will blow at the same time earthquakes will become larger and more frequent you will know the beginning when two large connecting quakes off Brazil out to the Ridge occur then it is a matter of time for the P-WAVE coming from the Mid Atlantic Ridge shakes all the entire Countries of the hump of Africa. The Tsunami's will hit the Coast like never seen before then you will know that Alien's and UFO's are the real deal when they in mass converge the entire Earth so fast you will feel the magnetism and vibration of the Earth under your feet resetting Earth for it's New Beginning.

I know this will be before March 17, 2046 or my life here as I said..... was for naught. I am one of many here to help with the New Beginning.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've come to a simple conclusion, good or bad, doom and gloom, elightment and happiness. Whatever comes will come, and I for one, will be in bed, my nice comfy bed.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

No, you don't disagree with Access Denied; you agree. She is saying we will wake up to a beautiful sunrise, not big changes, and that the people who are whigged out on this are the ones who are fearful. Surely they are, some breathlessly so. We see evidence of this on ATS every day where yet another 'truth seeker' prophesies doom.

There are groups who do encounter to doom they fear: David Koresch, Bo & Peep, and Jim Jones. But they created the doom themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

None of that makes sense. Toss in a P wave comment and whatever and this has no more content than a morning watching Gus the goat guzzle another one.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If I read what I wrote with your mind set I would feel the same way as you without a doubt but things aren't always the way we think or the way we would like. (I am not insulting you I just meant if I didn't have the knowledge I have on this)

I can't say I like what I wrote but as with everything we wait and time will tell whether for the good or not so good.

No one could wish me more wrong them me.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There's going to be a major catastrophe. Maybe not in 2012, but we are overdue for one. On par with a World War, except more disastrous because nuclear weapons have been keeping the lid on for so long, letting the collective anger build up and up with no release (incidentally has anyone noticed the tension in our society these days?).

But it will be released, and when it does it will be ugly.

But anyone who thinks we can "evolve" without a process of destruction is kidding themselves with a feel-good tale. Evolution proceeds by destroying the unfit. Major evolutionary changes take place in events known as "population bottlenecks" where something happens that the vast majority of a species gets wiped out, and the few that survive continue the cycle.

The hype about 2012 I think is part of a collective intuition that we are overdue for a massive conflagration of violence and human suffering unlike anything history has ever seen (as our population has never been so high). The specific date is just dogma, as is all the stuff about Nibiru and galactic alignments, but the intuition that something bad is going to happen soon to civilization is in fact spot on. Many people sense it, and those who do are either scared, waiting in awe, or in denial.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I believe most use 2012 as the destruction date because that is when the Mayan Calender ended and we have an alignment and time of 11:11 the number that always intrigues.

We know and the Goverrnment knows that on Oct 28, 2011 we are to have a massive Solar Flare and that there is a good chance all communications will be knocked out and the Government is planning that there will be massive panic amoungst the peoples.

The peoples are treated as children and instead of warning and explaining what is a possibility they will hide this just as they do everything.

I wouldn't worry about a Nuclear event when the "big event occurs" because they have already show you they have the ability to shut down all Nuclear technology they will do everything in their power to lesson the blow to save humanity as best they can.

Many will be lost but an extinction level event it will not be.

The Beings many curse here on ATS will be the ones that THAT LESSON THIS EVENT..........let's hope you are in the right place at the right time.

When.....????? by March 17, 2046

Why worry there is nothing you can do so I suggest you enjoy this Planet and life as it is now until we can make it the way it was meant to be.

Things usually get worst before they get better!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join