It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221
The well pipe has stopped leaking and at only 450 psi pressure
When they installed the fist part onto the pipe it was at 2500 psi and 3000 psi with the top still gushing the pressure should be way higher around 9000psi with the unit shut off

So that leaves 8550 psi pressure going somewhere else?

This is one thing that I am looking at as well.
Cmdr. Thad Allen himself stated that if the pressure goes under 8000psi, then that is an indication that it is being directed elsewhere.

See thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally stated by Commander Thad Allen
If we are down around in the 4,000 to 5,000, 6,000 range that could potentially tell us that the hydrocarbons are being diverted someplace else, and we would have to try and assess the implications of that. And as you might imagine, there are gradations as you go up from 4,000 or 5,000 PSI up to 8,000 or 9,000. ... We will at some point try to get to 8,000 or 9,000 and sustain that for some period of time, and these will be done basically, as I said — if we have a very low pressure reading, we will try and need (ph) at least six hours of those readings to try to ensure that that is the reading.

YouTube link to statement by Cmdr. Thad Allen
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And we have oil again!

Live feeds from Boa Deep C – ROV 2

At the time of this post, the ROV is at the bottom of the gulf...sitting there and this plume just passed by...So its not at the cap or a pipe...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

So it's from the sea floor? If it is all hells gonna break loose.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by -W1LL

Attention all members, oil has completely stopped flowing from the gulf, I repeat there is no oil flowing into the gulf CNN just announced it.

CNN is FOS, Oil is flowing again they should hold their collective tongues for at least 24 hours.

www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

So it's from the sea floor? If it is all hells gonna break loose.

Unknown. The ROV is parked on the floor of the Gulf so...your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

i was just watching the live feeds you linked and i saw the floor erupt in one of them in like 4 different spots like spouts looks bad!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
8000 PSI!!! Holy #!!!
My car is turbo'd and only runs 7psi.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Yes, I too am confused by this. Didn't they say religiously for months that the only permanent solution would be the relief wells, and wasn't there a lot of evidence that the well was damaged underground and that capping it would result in leaks elsewhere?

They are still saying the relief wells are the only permanent solution and we won't know until Saturday if this cap is effective, and even if it is, it's only temporary.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
whatever the HELL makes you guys think theres any chance of them stopping this?????????????? do you people start these threads just to rake free FLAGS in??????

people, lets be serious here. theyre not going to stop the leak any time soon!!! why would you ever give them the benefit of that doubt???? hmmm??

i am not flagging this thread and i sure as hell am not starring it.

lets just say they capped the leak, how the hell are we going to restore the ocean to its original state if 5,000 species of wildlife are now extinct???? c'mon people get off your fat lazy a#### and influence a godamn revolution before they kill us all!!!!!!!!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Cobra.EXE]

Can you please, little angry man on the internet, name 2 or 3 species that are now extinct due to this? I'm not asking for you to give me the 5000 list of course, but it would be welcome... this is an oil leak, not a ELE type of thing ok?

EDIT: dyslexia lol

[edit on 15-7-2010 by FraternitasSaturni]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exalted321
reply to post by Realtruth

i was just watching the live feeds you linked and i saw the floor erupt in one of them in like 4 different spots like spouts looks bad!

Ok...lets do some pretending for a minute. Lets assume this oil is coming from the sea floor. If that is the case, then the oil would be coming up in spurts for the time being. AS the ocean floor weakens in those spots, and more sand/soil is taken out of those spots, that is when the 'flows' would start.

Most of the 'action' is happening near or around the Boa Deep C – ROV 2. It occasionally looks like the screen shots I just posted, but here they are again:

Each time those plumes leave the sand/soil, it weakens it more and displaces more each time it bubbles up. So my question is, pretending still, why is this rover just sitting there? I would think they would be moving the thing ASAP or at least trying to see whats going on. But nope...its just sitting there...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I agree i dont know what they are doing and i know its not from the propellers on the thing cause i saw the spouts come straight out of the ground with my own eyes.

looked crazy then you could not see S**t cause the screen was just brown at times it looked like it had a tint of black to it like oil was coming out also but my eyes could have been fooling me.

Only time will tell :\

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank-you. That's what I thought, but everyone seems to see this cap as an ultimate, solitary solution when apparently it isn't. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They better succeed with the relief well. Or they will have to explain to the public why there is still oil spewing.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the canyon offshore ROV it looks like the sea floor is moving around. May be nothing but sure looks strange to me. It looks a littlt blurry but still able to see things and also see a few globs of oil go by.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes, I too am confused by this. Didn't they say religiously for months that the only permanent solution would be the relief wells, and wasn't there a lot of evidence that the well was damaged underground and that capping it would result in leaks elsewhere?

Don't get me wrong. Finally seeing images of the riser with no oil gushing out is probably the most relief-bringing thing I've seen in ages. This is just perplexing to me based on their previous statements. Can someone elaborate please?

Thanks.

It's simple : They are making it worse. On purpose.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel

Don't get me wrong. Finally seeing images of the riser with no oil gushing out is probably the most relief-bringing thing I've seen in ages. This is just perplexing to me based on their previous statements. Can someone elaborate please?

Thanks.

It's simple : They are making it worse. On purpose.

Oh I see...

So they're making it worse on purpose... ok... hmmm... now... can you tell me your theory behind this please? I'm sure you have one cause saying something like that you must have a reason.

Now WHY would they want to make it worse? Can you elaborate and justify please?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Has anyone noticed the canyon offshore ROV it looks like the sea floor is moving around. May be nothing but sure looks strange to me. It looks a littlt blurry but still able to see things and also see a few globs of oil go by.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

the ROVs may be stationary or sitting on the floor, but some of them will wobble a bit with the current. That all has to do with the direction they are facing in and etc. That's not to say we have not seen oil, the screen shots and witnesses glued to these feeds like me have clearly seen the oil. It is just a question as to where it's coming from. Because if these ROVs are on the floor, they are a good many feet away from the well and cap.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

those pics are exactly what I was tlaking about right after they capped it they brought an ROV up and put 2 on the sea floor then I saw huge debris flows from under the ROV it seemed.

@FraternitasSaturni
I think they want this situation to get worse because the owners of BP also make money on disasters. look at the put options follow the money it never lies. they have an agenda and I know one thing for sure it doesnt include US.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by -W1LL]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Possible trouble coming, not very likely, but who knows....

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
one rover is off that had the oil but this one looks real murky still.

www.bp.com...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join