It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 US Troops to Costa Rica and 46 US Warships?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My good friend in Costa Rica Just told me on the phone that the drug and violence problem is out of control. He further told me that the Mexican cartels(among others) are there now running roughshod over the police. The whole thing has played nightly on their local news for several weeks now. There are some Ticos that are not pleased with the US military presence (imperialism is their reasoning).

My Friend welcomes the help which was actually (according to my friend) by invitation of the Costa Rican Parliament.

I will be down there in a few days visiting my friend. I will let you all know the first hand info from there.

Edit to add: S&F for the good thread

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am wondering if any of this has to do with oil control and the euro. Both Iran and Chavez have indicated a desire to switch from the dollar to the euro.
I remember some speculation about the Iraq invasion having something to do with them switching to the euro.
It seems oil control is at play here too and China and Chavez together may pose a formidable challenge in our global energy plans.

What would really raise US hackles would be if Venezuela decided to sell China its US subsidiary Citgo. Such a move would allow Chinese oil companies to ship Venezuelan crude to refineries on the US's western seaboard, and from there on to ships across the Pacific. Observers say Chávez has discussed a potential deal with the Chinese, but he shares with China a desire not to make relations with the US any more complicated than they are already.

One major obstacle to increased energy cooperation between China and the region is the sheer distances involved, and the lack of straightforward shipping routes. As well working on the Panama Canal, China is also interested in funding a pipeline through Columbia, which would take Venezuelan crude to the Pacific.

www.globalenvision.org...

Also if Chavez sells Citgo to China, they will transport the oil along the Western coast. China is positioned to buy control of the Panama Canal and could restrict ships that interfere with their business.

It was the first time a congressional leader has raised questions about growing Chinese influence over one of the world's most strategic waterways. Until now, warnings were being raised primarily by a handful of conservative lawmakers, led by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, who plans a fact-finding trip to Panama on Monday.
     The focus of concern is Hutchinson Whampoa Ltd., a giant Hong Kong-based shipping firm with ties to China's leadership and its armed forces, the People's Liberation Army (PLA).
   Mr. Lott wrote to Mr. Cohen, "This administration is allowing a scenario to develop where U.S. national security interests could not be protected without confronting the Chinese communists in the Americas. U.S. naval ships will be at the mercy of Chinese-controlled pilots and could even be denied passage through the Panama Canal by Hutchinson, an arm of the People's Liberation Army.
     "In addition, the Chinese Communist Party will gain an intelligence information advantage by controlling this strategic chokepoint. It appears that we have given away the farm without a shot being fired."

www.conservativeusa.org...

Could sending 46 ships and 7000 troops be a strategic move against Chavez, China and Iran who seem to be unifying against us and switching to the Euro. I'm afraid when it comes to oil control, military options remain front and center of the table for options.
If oil is truly the lifeline to the economies of developed countries, you can bet they will go to war over it.

Peace

[edit on 9-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Another move on the chessboard.....

Well looks like they are getting MORE of our troops out of our country for when the economy collapses and there is less protection for the civilians against the "private corporate armies" Xe for example... and any form of UN troops.

Pay attention folks - this makes no sense that they are going there with this size of group to fight " drug trafficking" when our own CIA are the ones bringing the stuff in.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Bonified Ween]

You've got the wrong impression of Xe/blackwater. We only contracted them to do small time work. Basically to fill in the cracks. Mostly VIP security. The heavy work we would NEVER trust them with. No way. To think we would need protection from them is laughable.

CIA drug trafficking - blame John Deutch. He started it as a means of gathering trust and intel.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have new threat that China has annouced and has been kept secret from us all.

english.people.com.cn...

Monkeys trained as battlefield killers in Afghanistan

Afghanistan's Taliban insurgents are training monkeys to use weapons to attack American troops, according to a recent report by a British-based media agency.

Reporters from the media agency spotted and took photos of a few "monkey soldiers" holding AK-47 rifles and Bren light machine guns in the Waziristan tribal region near the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. The report and photos have been widely spread by media agencies and Web sites across the world.

According to the report, American military experts call them "monkey terrorists."

As a form of cruel political means, wars are launched to meet political goals through conquest, devastation, assaults and other means.

In a sense, the emergence of "monkey soldiers" is the result of asymmetrical warfare. The United States launched the war in Afghanistan using the world's most advanced weapons such as highly-intelligent robots to detect bombs on roadsides and unmanned aerial vehicles to attack major Taliban targets. In response, the Taliban forces have tried any possible means and figured out a method to train monkeys as "replacement killers" against American troops.

Analysts believe that apart from using "monkey killers" to attack the American troops, the Taliban also sought to arouse Western animal protectionists to pressure their governments to withdraw troops from Afghanistan.

An American official responded that the Taliban forces have started training "monkey soldiers" after suffering heavy losses, implying that they have exhausted their tricks. Nevertheless, the Taliban believe that the emergence of "monkey soldiers" indicates that they have found smarter and more effective ways to cope with American troops.

Ironically, the initiators of "monkey soldiers" are the Americans. Between the 1960s and the 1970s, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) trained massive "monkey soldiers" in the Vietnam War and dispatched armed monkeys to dangerous jungles to launch assaults on Vietnamese soldiers. Today, the Taliban forces have given the American troops some of their own medicine.

When armed animals enter interpersonal wars, what kind of world will we face? This cannot but arouse our reflections and concerns.

By People's Daily Online

"The report and photos have been widely spread by media agencies and Web sites across the world."

Does anybody know where these pictures are?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, this has nothing to do with Costa Rica's drug problem and everything to do with the deteriorating conditions in the GOM. Between the methane, Corexit, radioactive oil, benzene and all the other poisons in the air and on the water, they moved them out for their own protection.

We have all heard the Tsunami/methane scenario and I believe this is the true reason for the 46 ships. One could comprehend say 3-4 ships and 7K soldiers to aid but the 46 is the give away that this was an evacuation to the nearest safe harbor that could accomodate the contingency.

The media blackout, the lack of clean up, the continued use of Corexit to keep the radioactive oil under the surface, the blackout of the NOAA Tsunami warning system, any more dots one needs to connect??

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

This NOAA Tsunami warning site??
That you can go to right now?

Not blocked.

www.weather.gov...

There is no real conspiracy with this.....yet..
but give them enough time down there, and there will be.
Just don't try to make one up please.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I ad been watching the Hugo for sometime, back when he started the Russian "War Games" affiliation, and knowing that he [Chavez]has had his
endring connection with Iran, China amd possibly NKorea as hate monger's of the USA existance. Now, when the Russian affitiation came to view, it happened to be at a time of some very hard and direct redderick of the USA's way of life and Chavez knowing of such mutual feeling's between US and Venezuellan operations of its fixed election's, citizens of his country disregaurding his authority and openly speaking truth of his leadership, which demonised him in a public forum, but yet was the truth. "Once a Dictator, always a dictator: as far as I am concerned. Which, on the same hand makes his "Cronies" quite a scary onslaught of possible worst case scenarios.
One of the most profound thought's that came to my mind that he was aligning his Pro's/Con's up for an eventual confrontation with the US by means of the muscle he could muster from the other affiliates of this debockel, and if this isn't about Chavez, could it really be the reinforcement for teh drug cartel issue? Or "Is it the military op's that have found something truly disasterous in the wake of the Deep Event Horizon situation?"
I have really had it with being lied to by our Government and possibly my neighbor. I wish ther ewas a cut and dry answer to get the crap out of the bag and start flinging to the fan.
I truly believe that all of this will eventually come out as some kind of massive news release, but until that happens we will just continue to guess and waver with every new speculative analogy or propoganda. We already know our government don't trust us with the truth, and that is why I can personally say that I cannot care for something that does not return the favor.
Big politic's is reality, as of lately, and if there is not one congressman
or Congresswoman
that will lay it out as "FACT" , then the hell with them.
I for one want to see this play out, then and only then will I believe the "Agenda" that these acts were created for .

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Monkeys?
How do you say Onion in Chinese?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What kind of monkeys does Afganistan have that they would be big enough to hold an AK-47?? Costa Rica has three predominant species: Howler Monkeys are untrainable...they are not able to be domesticated. The Capuchin and white faced monkey are so small I just can't see what harm they could do, they could maybe hold a small pistol. But if you piss off any one of these species they are sure to rain poop down on you to display their disgust. Maybe they will train the monkeys to poop on command

[edit on 10-7-2010 by elle.mental]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Monkeys?
How do you say Onion in Chinese?

I thought the same thing. A little too absurd to be true. Maybe a monkey grabbed someone's gun and the rumor started. I just don't see how. Kinda like Planet of the Apes??

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
reply to post by Seeker63

This NOAA Tsunami warning site??
That you can go to right now?

Not blocked.

www.weather.gov...

There is no real conspiracy with this.....yet..
but give them enough time down there, and there will be.
Just don't try to make one up please.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

I just tried that link and it's not working. It just says 404 url not found. Possibly my computer and not the link, though. I will try again later.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I live 80 miles south of Puerto Limon, Costa Rica in Panama. Puerto Limon is the only Caribbean port unless they are planning to go through the Panama Canal which I doubt. I have been to Puerto Limon and it is a small cargo and cruise ship port. I am traveling to Puerto Limon next month and I want to see how they can squeeze 46 war ships in there.

I think the reason is more like getting the ships out of the Gulf in case of a methane explosion or nuclear incident.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Thank you Zeptepi. I clicked on it and it worked this time. I had read in the last few days it was blocked and I also had gotten the URL message.

THis still does not settle moving 46 ships to Costa Rica for the purpose stated, it is overkill. To me, this is an evacuation, pure and simple. Sadly, if there truly is a coming Methane Tsunami, no where is safe.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Interesting. I was looking up Eva (cus she's hot) and found this that suggest the U.S presence is a sham to control the region so they can gain control of resources in Venezuela.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Read something where canadian soldiers on for the gulf too?
______beforeitsnews/story/95/332/2400_Canadian_Soldiers_deployed_to_Gulf_Coast.html

[edit on 10-7-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
IT'S A MADHOUSE!!! secret monkey armies- can they fly like in wizard of oz.?.
i have a little hideout up in the mtns in costa -pura vida y'all-.
the arais family runs the show-once one of them and a cabinet minister got carjacked
they realized -hey things are out of control. there is some murderous piracy going on as well .Theres one on real road to interdict. the head of police is school of the americas.
46 warships? well, the hookers and pickpockets will be glad to see them.
the arais brothers boat space rentals go by the square foot..
no - come on ,they are not there for drug interdiction. some donated pt boats could do that. the clamp on chavez- watch the canal- get out of the gulf. all of the above.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have been reading this and looking for something to make this whole thing make sense to me since yesterday. I have a hard time with this whole thing.

Everything I have been able to find says the deployment is true. What I don't get is why 7,000 Marines. You bring Marines in when you want something broke. Marines don't fix things, they break things.

This whole thing just seems off to me. 46 warships, which includes the USS Makin Island, an assault ship and a bunch of frigates, guessing from the size mentioned in one of the articles. It all just seems strange. That's a lot of firepower for drug interdiction, in my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Its all about the monkeys.The US is deploying 46 warships and 7000 marines to Costa Rica to cut off there banana supplies.

Banana strike
10.12AM Sat Jul 10 2010
Striking banana plantation workers and police have clashed in western Panama, leaving one man dead and 100 people hurt.

Eighteen of the injured in Bocas del Toro province, on the border with Costa Rica, were in critical condition, the national emergency agency said in a statement.

www.itv.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
American Imperialism...??

mmm, Could be a few things...
Maybe another Stargate like in Gulf of Aden?
Running from the USA before Gulf disaster hits?
Economic downfall... getting the military out of the way... Makes the people easlier control...
Maybe the TPTB are worried about the military joining the public in revolt?

Prob through, done just the scare Charvez... HOW'S YOUR OIL...??

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Canadian soldiers too, i found the link for you hope it adds something?
______beforeitsnews/news/95/332/2400_Canadian_Soldiers_deployed_to_Gulf_Coast.html

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join