It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the development of chinese tank( lots of pictures)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Type-59

Type-59D

Type-69

Type-85

Type-88C

Type-90-2

[edit on 15-6-2004 by gastric cancer]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Type-96

Type-98

MBT-2000 for bakistan

Type-63A

PLZ-45

DF SERIES

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Boy they sure have a lot of different type tanks, quite a lot of heavy types as well, all with large bore guns.
Now I wonder why they need all these new different types, and of course these tanks will bred like rabbits.
Now we know why all the steel production is being gobbled up by China, they are much too inscrutable, Taiwan better tread softly.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eduardo
Taiwan better tread softly.

Yeah, they better, or those tanks might cross the Strait... or um, maybe China can launch the tanks at Taiwan... hrm, well at least they can roll over democracy protesters with 'em...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Many kinds of these tanks were made just for following the world's step,not for fight.So the number of them are not large.

Actually,too much tanks are meaningless to China.Will we invade Russia or Russia invade us?It is impossible.Will we invade India,Vietnam or Korea?
Do they have oil like Iraq?

The landform of Taiwan is not suitable for heavy tank.So don't think too much about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
T-59, T69 are old types, T85 to T98 can actually be thought as a same series, but just a keep modifiation and upgrading. Many types only
has samples but not equiped. Some T85II exported to Pakistan, T90
joined by Pakistan as MBT2000 and later license produced by Pakistan.
Chinese army mainly inducted T88C and T98, but mostly in elite unit.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Gastric Cancer

Why you post so many chinese miltary hardware pictures here ? We have
many other forums to discuss these. Why to provoke those ignorance
yankees here, and their sick reply ?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbin

A. Its an international board where we have many members from Europe were all not yankees, and even the Americans are no where near ignorant. If you want a good example of ignorance Id reread your post.

B. Really you only invite yourself to more criticizm when you call English speakers ignorant and do it in a barely coherent English sentence.

However I do agree with you. This influx of Chinese members trying to play "who can piss the farthest" and flexing their assumed muscles is becomming quite annoying. Weve had a hardcore group of Russians who do this on a regular basis, but they had dignity and respect for the ROTW. There are a multitude of different forums and threads here, and it would be great if you could direct your energies somewhere a little more positive. We all have nationalist pride, and I dont see the point in trying to belittle one anothers by calling them ignorant or constantly making threads about your military strength.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
is it me...or do some of these tanks have a resemblance to the M1A2????

the chinese...not only do they rip off the styling but half the parts are probably "made in china" sweatshop quality.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One question:

What's up with those umbrellas over the tanks? It makes it look like old women on their way to church are driving those things.

Gastric cancer,
If your goal was to scare us westerners, we're really not that impressed.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

A. Its an international board where we have many members from Europe were all not yankees, and even the Americans are no where near ignorant. If you want a good example of ignorance Id reread your post.

B. Really you only invite yourself to more criticizm when you call English speakers ignorant and do it in a barely coherent English sentence.

However I do agree with you. This influx of Chinese members trying to play "who can piss the farthest" and flexing their assumed muscles is becomming quite annoying. Weve had a hardcore group of Russians who do this on a regular basis, but they had dignity and respect for the ROTW. There are a multitude of different forums and threads here, and it would be great if you could direct your energies somewhere a little more positive. We all have nationalist pride, and I dont see the point in trying to belittle one anothers by calling them ignorant or constantly making threads about your military strength.

Hi Agent

My apologize. I don't have intention to provoke anybody.
About military tech, China's situation is some different from Russia. Russia
has a lot of innovation, of course their people should be and can be proud
of it. China, till now, our tech mainly using reverse-engineering or tracing,
we did not see our innovation yet. Can we expect such kind of tech will
surprise other people ?
While in some other forum, we can talk about it more freely. Although
they are not innovation, but we still feel glad to see it becomes better
and better.

PrankMonkey

One of the chief designer of T98 said T98 can be among the world's best
3, and its fire can pierce M1A2's armor. I don't know if his first comment
is bluff, but seems the second comment is true.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Hi Agent

My apologize. I don't have intention to provoke anybody.
About military tech, China's situation is some different from Russia. Russia
has a lot of innovation, of course their people should be and can be proud
of it.

And I didnt mean to be so rough my apologies as well

Although it may seem annoying at times I must agree with your point that the Chinese are really comming into their own in development terms and this needs to be recognized by the west.

It will be interesting to see you around on ATS.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
wow really scary tanks, I can see the rust through the pics plus nice quality armor they have cheap plastic also 90%+ of chinese army equipment is bought or stolen from other countries that shows you their capabilities and taiwan dosent have to fear nothing they got the abrams and the raptor backing them up

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
wow really scary tanks, I can see the rust through the pics plus nice quality armor they have cheap plastic also 90%+ of chinese army equipment is bought or stolen from other countries that shows you their capabilities and taiwan dosent have to fear nothing they got the abrams and the raptor backing them up

Hi WestPoint

I think Gestric Cancer posted these pictures for fun, we are not comparing
whose dick is bigger. China is a third world developing country, how much
can you expect of it ?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i only said that because someone up there said something about china beating taiwan with these tanks

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
just more kill marks for the M1A2.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure quility is a major concern. As long as it can run over a couple soldiers blow up a car for a low cost who cares.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
like someone said more practice for the abrams.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
just more kill marks for the M1A2.

so far as i know, T90 can kill M1A2 at a distance of 2000m. but not vice versa

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
got facts? do u have a link also the abrams is a combat tested tank and it has the best trained crew in the world

top topics

<<   2 >>

join