It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The D4rk Kn1ght / October 28, 2011 / 10/28/2011 Mega Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01
I hate to break it you but there is nothing to show that the world is gonna end or we are going to have a massive orgy anytime soon...

Wait, nothing to show that the world is gonna end? Take a look at "how" the markets are crashing. Not like any other time in human history. The "world" (way we live on this planet) surely will end and a new way of living on this planet is arising !

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by captiva

Some people look and make up false connections.
Some people see one thing and state another.

Full tilt?
1. Fukeshima - an industrial accident. Not the worst. Can you say Bhopla?

I gotta stop you right there, what caused this in the first place was a 9.0 earthquake which was the largest earthquake ever recorded since before humans were even on this planet ! You cannot say it isn't the worst accident when clearly nothing as big as this has happened for millions of years !
edit on 25-9-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: grammar

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

[qote]I gotta stop you right there, what caused this in the first place was a 9.0 earthquake which was the largest earthquake ever recorded since before humans were even on this planet ! You cannot say it isn't the worst accident when clearly nothing as big as this has happened for millions of years !

I gotta stop you right. You are dead wrong about the earthquake magnitude. There have been larger ones recorded by man. So right there you are dead wrong.

Chile 1960 9.5
Alaska 1964 9.2
Indonesia 2004 9.1 - Remember the tsunami event?
Kamchatka 1952 9.0 - Hey same magnitude

Pppppplllleeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee do some checking before making such an obvious mistake.

There was a bigger quake just 7 years ago and you missed it? Shame on you.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do you deny that the Bhopal industrial accident was much worse than the current Japanese reactor accident?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Oops my mistake, guess I am wrong about some things, I should do more research next time before running my mouth. Unlike other people, at least I am admitting that im wrong instead of trying to argue something which cannot even be argued

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Addition:

Ominous OCT 28, 2011 "Dark Night" Warning To ATSers = Excerpt Summary To Date @ DN & Captiva Said
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by ignant
started on 8/25/2011 @ 02:18 AM

ETA: Oops, I already added this one a few pages back.
edit on 9/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Do you deny that the Bhopal industrial accident was much worse than the current Japanese reactor accident?

I don't think anyone can deny that Bhopal is much worse than Fukushima. However, comparing an incident from 1984 to one that just happened this year is not a fair comparison. We don't know what the effects will be of Fukushima and it isn't over yet. But, you are right, the death count is waaay higher on the Bhopal accident of 27 years ago.

Tell you what, if we are both still alive and single, we will meet on this thread in 27 years and compare the deaths of Bhopal in 1984 to Fukushima 27 years from now.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Except that the Fukushima accident is the cause of the huge amount of radiations all over Northern Emisphere of the globe...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Except that the Fukushima accident is the cause of the huge amount of radiations all over Northern Emisphere of the globe...

Except that is not true. There is no huge amount of radiation all over the northern hemisphere. Why would the distribution be restricted to the northern hemisphere? That question should have jumped out and told you whatever you read was baloney.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Zagari

Except that is not true. There is no huge amount of radiation all over the northern hemisphere. Why would the distribution be restricted to the northern hemisphere? That question should have jumped out and told you whatever you read was baloney.

Not a huge amount of radiation, but, still higher and concentrated in, yes, the northern hemisphere. There is something called the Jet Stream that is split up into the Northern(Polar Jet Stream) and the Southern(Subtropical Jet Stream).

The amount of radiation released during the Fukushima nuclear disaster was so great that the level of atmospheric radioactive aerosols in Washington state was 10,000 to 100,000 times greater than normal levels in the week following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that triggered the disaster.

From here.

Jet Stream Site.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It was not large as the article states

In Washington, the increased levels from Fukushima meant the daily dose during that time could have been about 16.4017. A harmful amount that would cause obvious symptoms of exposure is anywhere from two to three million microsieverts at one time, he said.

"So, you can detect the increase but being detectable does not mean it's harmful," Tipping said.

To suggest that this a huge amount all over the northern hemisphere is false. It is a detectable increase seen at one site.

The detection of the radioactive gas in Washington is significant because it demonstrates technology advancements made by Biegalski, PNNL and others, to create a more sensitive monitoring system -- one that's capable of detecting extremely small amounts of the gas.

The gas being detected was xenon 133. It has a half life of 5.25days. Whatever was detected from March is long since gone. It's all stable xenon 132.
en.wikipedia.org...-133

It should also be pointed out that the jet stream was not responsible for the distribution of the xenon. It was generated at ground level and detected at ground level.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It should also be pointed out that the jet stream was not responsible for the distribution of the xenon. It was generated at ground level and detected at ground level.

Excuse me? How did you figure that!?

Radioactive Xenon does not exist in the air naturally. Traces of radioactive Xenon from Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant have now been detected in a number of countries across the globe. Radioactive Xenon isotopes have been found in Korea, China, the US and also as far as some European countries according to international monitoring agencies. The US, in particular, has seen elevated levels of radioactive substances in several states, including California and Colorado. Amongst major cities, Las Vegas detected abnormal radioactive isotopes including Iodine-131 and Xenon-133 from the damaged nuclear plant in Fukushima. Radioactive Xenon-133 has a half life of 5.3 days and it appears to have now reached the entire US Eastern seaboard, and will soon cover most of the world.

Are you suggesting that the Xenon-133 radioactive isotope was buried in the US, Korea, China and some European countries (notice that there are none in the southern hemisphere...jet stream) and then came to life and clawed their way to the surface ala Mr. Romero when they got the radioactive isotope zombie newspaper the following days?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Excuse me? How did you figure that!?

Try learning about jet streams and the mixing with the troposphere.

Are you suggesting that the Xenon-133 radioactive isotope was buried in the US, Korea, China and some European countries (notice that there are none in the southern hemisphere...jet stream) and then came to life and clawed their way to the surface ala Mr. Romero when they got the radioactive isotope zombie newspaper the following days?

No. I am not suggesting that. What sort of an odd duck would misconstrue my post that way.

Your quote also shows that the distribution is not restricted to the northern hemisphere.

The point is, getting back to the original false statement made, the northern hemisphere is not covered in a "huge amount of radiations." That is just false.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I understand that the zombie paragraph was taking it a bit too far, I am, however, still waiting for you to explain how that is then. In an above post I linked a site for you to learn about the jet stream if you aren't sure.

Your quote also shows that the distribution is not restricted to the northern hemisphere.

Please explain. Did I list a country that isn't in the northern hemisphere? Maybe look here before you decide what is and isn't the northern hemisphere.

edit on 26-9-2011 by superman2012 because: adding

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, so when nothing major occurs tomorrow, is Oct 28th 2011 the next big date for us to wait and see that nothing will happen ?
Is there anything in between Oct 28 2011 and 12/21/2012 ? because if there isn't that's gonna be a long wait, will have nothing to talk about.

edit on 9/26/2011 by taws6 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I know about the jet stream. The jet stream was not responsible for the distribution.

... and will soon cover most of the world.

That says not restricted to the northern hemisphere. You do realize that don't you?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
And while we wait for nothing to happen we also will wait for people to realize that the entire world is more than the northern hemisphere and for people to realize that the nuke disaster in Japan hardly changed radiation levels in the US.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I know about the jet stream. The jet stream was not responsible for the distribution.

... and will soon cover most of the world.

That says not restricted to the northern hemisphere. You do realize that don't you?

Yes I do. However, I wish you could handle a debate and answer questions that are asked of you without trying to switch the topic... I am still waiting for your answers...

How was it generated if the jet stream didn't get it there?

I never once said it is restricted to the northern hemisphere. You put this up:

To suggest that this a huge amount all over the northern hemisphere is false. It is a detectable increase seen at one site.

I responded with this:

Radioactive Xenon does not exist in the air naturally. Traces of radioactive Xenon from Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant have now been detected in a number of countries across the globe. Radioactive Xenon isotopes have been found in Korea, China, the US and also as far as some European countries according to international monitoring agencies. The US, in particular, has seen elevated levels of radioactive substances in several states, including California and Colorado. Amongst major cities, Las Vegas detected abnormal radioactive isotopes including Iodine-131 and Xenon-133 from the damaged nuclear plant in Fukushima. Radioactive Xenon-133 has a half life of 5.3 days and it appears to have now reached the entire US Eastern seaboard, and will soon cover most of the world.

I am still awaiting your answer to that one. A fool would know that the Northern and Southern Hemispheres will mix...that isn't what I was saying. What I was saying and what you were trying to refute, without any sources or proof, was that the jet stream moved this material across the Northern Hemisphere. Not really brain surgery...and really, nothing to argue about.
edit on 26-9-2011 by superman2012 because: taking out a "not"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yawn, here we go again.

How was it generated if the jet stream didn't get it there?

The word generated means that the material was created at the power plant in Japan.

I am still awaiting your answer to that one. A fool would know that the Northern and Southern Hemispheres will mix...that isn't what I was saying.

I guess you are admitting being a fool. That's odd.

What I was saying and what you were trying to refute, without any sources or proof, was that the jet stream moved this material across the Northern Hemisphere.

Please provide evidence for your claim.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Please provide evidence for your claim.

Take the time to read the above and really think about it. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me and I will do my best. Thank you for once again not answering any questions and trying to deflect the debate again.

edit on 26-9-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

The word generated means that the material was created at the power plant in Japan.

...and got to US how? Jet stream!

and you continue to have my permission to take anything I say out of context and try to take my argument down with it...but, honestly, it doesn't help your position.

edit on 26-9-2011 by superman2012 because: adding quote

edit on 26-9-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join